Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I got dumped, what game should I start playing?

Multi-headed Cow

Another vote for Dwarf Fortress. Kept me hideously addicted for a good week straight just learning it.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Psychonaut is an amazing fun trippy game to forget your sorrows with. Portal is a neat and novel puzzler. Avernum 5 and Geneforge 5 are good solid Vogel ware that will keep you busy for weeks. GTA 5 is a great way to get rid of the anger. Europa Universalis 3 with both expansions is addictive and will make you lose track of time.

Though none are as good as a drunken, shamefull one-night stand. Get working on it.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Large quantaties of alcohol + any mp shooter. I'd recomend UT 2k4.
Start off with things that don't require thinking but lots of concentration. Then hang out with friends as often as possible. After that it's just a matter of time before you get your next bj ;)
Oh, and delete those files. The sooner you move on the better.
And King of Dragon Pass can be very absorbing.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Grow bitter and cynical. Abandon all hope. Cut all ties to this world.

It works.

Kinda...

Also: you seem to have played all the good games. The rest is pure nonsense, so you might as well pick a copy of some MMO - the same shit quality, but it's a guaranteed timesink *cough*Warhammer*cough* Online*cough*

Also2: Have you played Blade Runner :?:

Zuluf

Scholar
Hory said:
Zuluf said:
Malachi said:
I strongly recommend The Witcher

Finished. Twice.
I can see why she dumped you.

I'm a video game reviewer, tool. Would you rather I was one of those fuckwads who give Fallout 3 a straight 10, you worthless sack of putrid shit?

Dire Roach said:
How about Lucasarts adventure games? There's also Psychonauts and Beyond Good & Evil which get a lot of praise around here.

Been there. Also Sierra. Also BGE.

Turok said:
Get a copy of the RPG called LIFE, play with it, leave the computer is the best thing you can do.

Troll, lol.

Jasede said:
Triskaedek said:
Good evening.

As far as great RPGs (not already mentioned here at least) go, Wizardry 8 should be your next stop. Hours upon hours of goodness. If you haven't already, play it now.

Wow, I like this new guy!

Triskaedek said:
If you're willing to get online, you can't possibly go wrong with Eve Online -it's a deep, remarkably complex and utterly compelling, very involving experience. Rest assured, it will positively eat up your waking time, hopefully somewhat diminishing the amount spent thinking about her...

From hero to zero in two seconds... :(

My thoughts exactly.

Trash said:
GTA 5 is a great way to get rid of the anger.

huh? Where can I find this awesome GTA 5 game you speak of?

Shannow said:
Large quantaties of alcohol + any mp shooter. I'd recomend UT 2k4.
Start off with things that don't require thinking but lots of concentration. Then hang out with friends as often as possible. After that it's just a matter of time before you get your next bj ;)
Oh, and delete those files. The sooner you move on the better.
And King of Dragon Pass can be very absorbing.

Is UT3 any good? I'd buy it but I'm not a FPS expert and I honestly don't know which is better.

And yes, ping-pong doesn't require thinking, just lots of concentration, which is why I started playing it.

Can't delete, soz. Shit block thing again :(

King of Dragon Pass sounds interesting. At this point I've got 14 games I haven't played queued up for the following emo-tormenting month.

Hobo Elf said:
All broken down men with nothing to live for turn to WoW sooner or later

Been through WoW, quit and survived, still weigh less than 200 pounds. Nice try though. Infidel.

Gragt said:
If you want to kill someone, Serious Sam is your game.

Roight. Added to queue for greater justice and replay value. AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH yourself!

mahdi said:
Maybe you should start banging a new chick or chicks?

Yes geif Lesifoere pleaze.

bozia2012 said:
Also2: Have you played Blade Runner :?:

Long time ago. Maybe it's time for a revisit.

Also, I think I'm gonna start two new noble activities in my timeframe:

I'm gonna start writing a novel. A good novel, not a Gaider novel.

The catch: on teh Codex.

They say the greatest art comes from pain. Let's see if a talentless bot can make art, provided I'm in enough pain.

Radech

Augur
http://blurst.com/minotaur-china-shop/play

that should ease the anger quickly :P

if you need something to get lost in for a while, world of goo could be recommended too damn short though

and for mp shooters I have very fond memories of Day of Defeat, back then it had a great community(the first time the danish dod community was invited to a counterstrike lan the bar was emptied the first night :P) not sure if it's gone to shit after source launched though...

Hory

Erudite
Zuluf said:
Hory said:
I'm a video game reviewer, tool.
And I'm the tool? R00fles, get a real job.
Would you rather I was one of those fuckwads who give Fallout 3 a straight 10, you worthless sack of putrid shit?
What's that got to do with you finishing a long boring game twice? Get a real hobby and maybe girls won't be bored around you.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Is UT3 any good? I'd buy it but I'm not a FPS expert and I honestly don't know which is better.
I only played UT3's demo and didn't like it. General consensus seems to be that UT99 > UT 2k4 >> UT 2k3 >>> UT3. Last I heard 2k4 had more players online than UT3. So it's cheaper, "better" and has more players...

almondblight

Arcane
Zuluf said:
Yes, I finished Fallout (39 times) and Fallout 2 (11 times) -

Jedi_Learner said:
Why were you dumped for? If it wasn't your fault, have you thought about getting revenge?

You're such a fucking creep.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom