Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I played Kotor 3 times and i kinda enjoy it still

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Disney's marketing ejaculation got me in the mood to go back to KOTOR for the first time since the release window. 12 hours in, I'm having trouble getting the urge to keep playing it. The combat is boring, the characters are annoying, the main plot is paper thin... I liked this game a lot more when I was 12. Not sure if I can push through.

I recently re-played kotor2+communitypatch. All was find and swell, until the very end. I am not sure what happened, but as soon as I reached Malachor, and was forced to do those shitty solo" bits with basically every single character, while thinking that what lied ahead would be nothing more than the ramblings of an elderly woman... Well, that did it. Uninstall.exe. Not sure why, though. I completed kotor2 at least twice in the past, and I didn't have any such issues. Maybe I'm getting old and I'm starting to see games more objectively, even games I used to be very fond of.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
The thing about the conversations in KOTOR1 is that they get old after the first playthrough. It's not brilliant writing anyway, but when you're seeing it for the first time, you have at least some morbid curiosity as to what this Carth guy's problem is. And on Taris, you're basically stuck with him, Mission and Bastila for conversation, since T3 and Zaalbar aren't very talkative, so it's unlikely you'll get to avoid their conversations and backstories. It's a bit different once you've got all the party members, then you probably won't see everything unless you use walkthroughs from the start and switch characters at the appropriate moment. That's what the next 6 playthroughs are for.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It's a bit different once you've got all the party members, then you probably won't see everything unless you use walkthroughs from the start and switch characters at the appropriate moment.
Is there actually a walkthrough that details this kind of thing? That'd get me to replay both games :M

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Good one! I just assumed there would be, but now I'm not so sure. I think I've seen most party conversations of KOTOR1 somewhere or another. It's probably all on Youtube. Or maybe I've just wasted too much of my life on a merely average game. In any case, I'm sure I've watched all the HK-47 dialogue on Youtube countless times, but that's just too good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom