Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline I thought we were done with mod-enforced megathreads?

What to do with the "List of Incline - 2015 Edition" thread

• Total voters

Grimlorn

Arcane
Do you see a thread on this surviving very long? Do you see a lot of people being interested? I sure as fuck don't.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/gamergate-the-sjw-in-gaming-dumping-ground.90469/page-1222

Make no mistake. Nothing rouses these parts more than the righteous butthurt of "muh feelings" minorities getting their way. We have members from all camps who think this is an even bigger threat towards their sacred hobby than The Decline itself.

If it wasn't such a fucking powder keg of butthurt, there would have be no reason to contain the GG-shit in the first place. It would have just died off after the initial retardation.
Hey GamerGate was like 3 months of nonstop drama coming from journalists and indie devs. That's why it lasted so long. People in GG also accomplished a lot of stuff and the only reason it's lasted this long is because of all the lies, slandering and insulting coming from journalists and some developers. Had the truth come out, it would have been over a long time ago, but people kind of get pissed when they are lied about, insulted, and bullied for months on end.

This Obsidian stuff would have been over in a few days. Hell, no one is really posting about it anymore. People just wanted to vent at how stupid Obsidian was. They created a PR nightmare by giving into bullies on twitter who accused them of transphobia. Sawyer should have kept his mouth shut. Also, the guy who made the joke claims it has nothing to do with trans people, so it's actually not a trans joke. Get it right Grunker.

Imo dumb moderation on the part of whoever moved all those posts. Would have been fine leaving one thread about it that would be on the second page after a week. Codex posters aren't the only one butthurt. So are the moderators who can't handle a single topic that doesn't conform to their elitist tastes in a sub forum they moderate.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So now that the PoE stuff is settled, what about infinitron merging the 2014 and 2015 lists of incline?
That was a separate complaint and the original topic of this discussion.

As the Obsidiangate debacle in the last couple of pages prove, merging everything into a single thread makes it harder for people to discuss anything but the most recently merged posts. It sends the signal to noise ratio down the shitter. It goes directly against what the moderators are supposed to be doing. Pointing at a 1200-page thread and going "Your post is in there somewhere, we didn't retardo" doesn't mean you haven't effectively stopped whatever it was about from being seen and discussed by most forum goers.

Infinitron's act was doubly heinous. Not only did he make the mega thread in question grow larger, he vandalized it and removed information on what the codex voted for in the original poll. And anyone who is willing to brave the 2015 mega thread now has to sift through hundreds of pages discussing games not in the OP. Just like they have to sift through unrelated Jaesun/Obsidiangate crap in this thread.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So now that the PoE stuff is settled, what about infinitron merging the 2014 and 2015 lists of incline?

There was no merging. I simply renamed the thread.

removed information on what the codex voted for in the original poll.

Oh, get over it.

And anyone who is willing to brave the 2015 mega thread now has to sift through hundreds of pages discussing games not in the OP.

The thread has 13 pages. Most of the posts in it aren't particularly interesting.

Again, it's a purely informational sticky post, not a discussion megathread. Your and herostratus' reactions are equivalent to freaking out over DU renaming the Rules of the Codex thread after changing a few of the rules.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Merge him with Jaesun. One mod to merge them all. One mod to find them. One mod to be butthurt about all and in Retardo bind them.

Cassidy

Arcane
More like CEO Nwabudike Morgan, just replace obsession in having an energy monopoly and general megalomania with obsession with a brofist monopoly and megalomaniac thread merging.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
More like CEO Nwabudike Morgan, just replace obsession in having an energy monopoly and general megalomania with obsession with a brofist monopoly and megalomaniac thread merging.
The Ethics of Moderation.

Cadmus

Arcane
I don't understand why is it so hard for moderators to do their lol-job competently. Hm well or maybe I do, I used to moderate one shit small forum and it was so easy to get drunk on the miniscule amount of power I had that I started locking threads and saying what was and wasn't appropriate pretty soon. Anyway, here you have a long tradition of freedom, people telling you clearly what they want and you still do stupid shit for no reason other than the feeling of power/or butthurt.

I hope I don't live to see my favourite forum trying to become really prestigious, I much prefer Ireaneus one liners sprinkled throughout a big thread than the thread being retardoed for supposed shitposting when there's real discussion going on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom