Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline I thought we were done with mod-enforced megathreads?

What to do with the "List of Incline - 2015 Edition" thread

• Total voters
Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
Yeah, if you took that as a serious comment I'm tempted to say "QED".

There is?

You're right, getting upset at something like this is more pathetic than even Liberal's meltdowns. The only thing more pathetic than getting triggered by a bad joke on a backer note is getting upset that it's getting edited.

If it's relevant to the PoE discussion it belongs in the PoE section. Don't retardo posts you don't like.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I feel like saying 'right back at you', considering that my original statement about the 'codex's new mission' was tongue in cheek at best.

Fair enough.

There is?

You're right, getting upset at something like this is more pathetic than even Liberal's meltdowns. The only thing more pathetic than getting triggered by a bad joke on a backer note is getting upset that it's getting edited.

If it's relevant to the PoE discussion it belongs in the PoE section. Don't retardo posts you don't like.

I have no power in the PoE-forums, so not sure if you're referencing me. I do agree with the decision to move SJW shit to the GamerGate thread though.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This is now the thread to talk about moderators.

My favourite moderator is Jaesun because he brofists a lot of my posts and generates the most butthurt besides Infinitron. JarlFrank is the moderator who scares me the most because he's a SuperModerator which means he has lots of powers and can moderate anything. He also wrote a book which I don't understand because I can't read whatever garble-speak it's written in. I suspect it's racist because I think JarlFrank is racist. I don't know how that sits with the other moderators including the Homosexual, the Jew and the Woman who's in charge of content.

Sometimes I wonder when the Codex experiment will reach critical mass and the cluster-fuck of whatever this is will explode and take the RPG world with it.

Angthoron

Arcane
I'd say best course of action with this item would've been to have one thread in PoE subforum to confine this to. There's a lot of people that don't read the Worst Thread Ever because of all the GD shit inside it. Of course, GD shit is likely to happen in the resultant PoE thread as well, but it is relevant to the subforum.

But I don't actually care either way, so take it with a grain of salt.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Yeah, well. To me this out of hand censoring is what finally tipped the balance. I remember times when chefe or other maniacs would spam in every single thread. And that's the stuff that can be retardoed. And NSFW and illegal stuff can be sensored. Everything else should be allowed. That's the codex I loved/hated.
Hell, VD got thrown out because he wanted stricter rules.
Now we've turned/are turning into an edgier RPGWatch. It's disgusting. I have no intention of posting on RPGWatch.
So I'll not self-eject but I'll go into lurk. I'm sure certain douchebags and assholes are glad to have one less old-fag with uncomfortable opinions/behaviour to contend with.
Fuck you very much.

made

Arcane
Wow, it's even worse than I expected. Clearly Roxor is the only staff member with any integrity left on the Codex. Everyone else is busy pushing their petty private agendas.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Wow, it's even worse than I expected. Clearly Roxor is the only staff member with any integrity left on the Codex. Everyone else is busy pushing their petty private agendas.

uh, uh, what's mine

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

It's even worse than that, Roxor isn't a staff member

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Moderating isn't that hard guys, just don't do anything unless it's to hide NSFW shit behind spoiler tags, or moderating the post of someone who actually broke the rules, or changing a thread title to make it funny. Other than that, just leave shit be like it is and everyone's happy.

racofer

Thread Incliner
just leave shit be like it is and everyone's happy.

HaZOSX3.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Just dismiss everyone on staff except JarlFrank
Ein Volk! Ein Codex! Ein ÜberModerator!

Also, I like how multiple site feedback threads got merged into a whining about merging thread.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Just dismiss everyone on staff except JarlFrank
Ein Volk! Ein Codex! Ein ÜberModerator!

Also, I like how multiple site feedback threads got merged into a whining about merging thread.

Good catch, Ulmicati!

JarlFrank and his minions are maneuvering in the shadows to take control of the Codex State. Next phase of the plan is to take advantage of the absence of an effective government to prompt two influential staff members, Jaesun and Angthoron , along with several other industrialists developers and businessmen vault dwellers, to write a letter to DarkUnderlord. The signers will urge DarkUnderlord to appoint JarlFrank as leader of an administration "independent from staff forums", which could turn into a movement that would "enrapture millions of people".

Reapa

Doom Preacher
One thing that has been given much discussion in recent times is how seemingly everything is being split or merged in retarded ways, which not only creates clutter, but is also annoying, and often gives you that 'dude, where's my post' feeling. This has been brought up countless times already, and barely anything has been done about it, even though I believe everyone hates that shit except the mods that do it.

However, there is another matter that I wanted to discuss!!! today. Out of morbid curiosity, I took a dive into retardo. This is how its first page looks at the moment:

Ptxbxu.png

EovYCw.png

JiFwIh.png

"sjw shit", "sjw shit", "sjw shit", "gd shit", "off-topic", "wrong thread" that are one-post splits of content the moderator in question found to rustle his jimmies because he's a pussy-ass faggot. And the tendency for the other pages is just about the same.

Now let us inspect some of this horrible material that should never see the light of day...

Unsurprisingly, most of the recent 'sjw shit' 'threads' are about Obsidian's latest cave-in to retards on the internet. It is a legit topic for outrage that should have its own thread in the poe forum, but it would seem a part of it just gets retardo'd, while the other is merged into the sjw megathread that is frequented only by a handful of dedicated customers to rot out of sight, which only adds to the chaos because most people don't read that thread on a daily basis, so they take to the relevant poe topics in the poe forum, not knowing that this is discussed elsewhere. But I suppose having topics like this in broad daylight is against the codex's new mission, which is pumping Obsidian's score on metacritic.

Of course, there are more 'sjw shit' retardo topics out there, and in the case of many of them, I can hardly find the reason behind smacking them with the righteous modhammer.

Moving on, we have the 'gd shit', which is, for example, this:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/gd-shit.98242/

a short [stoic] exchange of opinion between two [passionate] gentlemen that is business as usual for this forum. Personally, I find it downright puzzling that someone looked at these two harmless posts and said 'I SHALL HAVE NONE OF THIS RETARDO!'.

And then, there is also the 'wrong thread':

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/wrong-thread.97771/

I don't even know which was the 'weirdest thread of the day', but apparently this user thought it to be so, and I cannot immediately state whether he was wrong, but in his mind, he's never gonna die in no retardo ghetto it was doubtlessly the case. Plus, that's a pretty cool art piece that I would have never seen without diving into retardo.

As said before, the following pages of the retardo land forum are full of similarly evil and outrageous content that should be purged with extreme prejudice lest someone's 4-years-old daughter sees it. And looking at this, I can only ask, 'what the fuck happened to this forum'. Back in the day mods would only get rid of stuff that really was obnoxiously retarded, and mostly only after it had outstayed its welcome as a source of lulz as well, and they would airstrike only the stuff that was NSFW. Those were good times. These are not good times. And I'm starting to get annoyed by them more and more with every day.

so here's my take on this:
i got up today, read a bit about "the incline happening" just for the lulz as every day. somehow i came upon some links of butthurt from people who were blaming obsidian for not respecting its backers or fan base or something. everything was very vague at that point but became quite clear very fast. not only did sawyer have a twitter account but that account seemed to be more important to him than his own forum hence the quick official response there while bugs get fixed by the community on the forum (the open savegame file with winrar and delete redricks keep files to reset the area and get unstuck did not come from sawyer or any of the obsidian staff). now, on that twitter account some idiot seemed to object to a meaningless poem on some backers tombstone (again i have to emphasize the contrast between important game issues and the meaninglessness of such a complaint) which "triggered" an ASAP company discussion between sawyer and his staff and even the backer himself. the issue if you can call it an issue got prioritized so high that the change came with the first patch. the change was made silently, the defense was contradictory in itself and with what the backer said on the official forum so a lot of people got pissed. it was only after i realized that the thread on the official forum regarding the whole business got locked in another censorship attempt that i said to myself: fuck you obsidian and your forum, i'm gonna make a thread about this shit and post it on the codex where discussion is not met with censorship and where criticizing obsidian or any other developers/publishers for that matter when they screw up is relevant news. yeah right. shortly after black mentioned that i was not black and i told him to go fuck himself, which always happens promptly in every thread i make, i happened to notice that the title of my thread got changed and the thread itself had over 1200 pages. yeah, it was merged with some thread on sjw that was over 1200 pages old and had nothing to do with obsidian and was nothing new.
and now i see why and how deep the rabbit hole goes. it is obvious that the codex is no longer interested in good rpgs and promoting good rpgs while trashing the bad ones. it is obvious that news have to come from mods themselves or they aren't news worth having new threads. it is obvious that games/companies get promoted by mods instead of the community. it is obvious that attempts to change that are met with censorship (retardo) or hidden at the back of megathreads which no one reads any more after the first few hundred pages if they don't get an alert that says they have been quoted there.
3Qriv1A.jpg

it is obvious that the codex sucks obsidian cock because that attitude no longer seems to apply.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's kinda ironic how the German nazi moderator is the least obsessed with bringing order into the threads.

:rpgcodex:

You couldn't match the lazyness of me or LundB even if you tried, pitiful sauerkraut!

Thankfully, the leadership in this place has chosen not to let the complete anarchy that reigns in my sweet Politics reign in RPG discussion as well. I think that's a solid decision.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
It's kinda ironic how the German nazi moderator is the least obsessed with bringing order into the threads.

:rpgcodex:

You couldn't match the lazyness of me or LundB even if you tried, pitiful sauerkraut!

Thankfully, the leadership in this place has chosen not to let the complete anarchy that reigns in my sweet Politics reign in RPG discussion as well. I think that's a solid decision.
the leadership is undecided, not merging everything and not sending everything to retardoland is not anarchy and it's not a solid decision because it's not codex like.
if you like censorship that much there are plenty other forums you can jerk off to...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Nothing was censored, some posts were moved. If stuff was retardoed unfairly that's a problem, but moving clutter to another place is not censorship, and you're daft if you can't tell the difference.

I constantly move threads that are not about science from SCIENCE to GD.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom