Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline I thought we were done with mod-enforced megathreads?

What to do with the "List of Incline - 2015 Edition" thread

• Total voters

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I don't need your opinions to be surpressed.

I need your opinions to be surpressed.

freudian slip? :lol:

Should make that one my new sig as well!

I constantly move threads that are not about science from SCIENCE to GD.
That's nice, but it's not really comparable to moving a thread about PoE out of the PoE forum into a huge megathread in General Gaming.

Refer to my example about Eder being a faggot. I am unmoved by your inability to discuss your political butthurt in the forum of your choosing, like I said.

If you disagree, you disagree, but it's no use explaining it: I understand, and I don't agree.

(by thinking it is connected to publicity somehow, you prove less that you have an honest concern about thread-moving and more that your a conspiratorial loony)
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/retardo-land.17/
if you scroll down beyond the stickies you might see a pattern or you might choose to close your eyes and believe this is a conspiracy.

A wise man once said:

"Don't attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by butthurt." My own guess would be Jaesun who seems to be the most heavy-handed of us by far. I have access to all moderator forums and so know that there is no conspiracy to hide your pathetic butthurt over trans-jokes. It is but the result of one man's crusade against shitposting.

How would a conspiracy to hide SJW butthurt even begin to make sense anyway? WE HAVE A FUCKING SMILEY THAT POKES FUN AT TRANSSEXUALS YOU GOD DAMNED IMBECILE
It shouldn't make sense. all the sader that it does when you see that attempts have been made to form a thread on the pillars of eternity subforum which adresses the sjw cave in and they were deflected by a codex mod.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Do you see a thread on this surviving very long? Do you see a lot of people being interested? I sure as fuck don't.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/gamergate-the-sjw-in-gaming-dumping-ground.90469/page-1222

Make no mistake. Nothing rouses these parts more than the righteous butthurt of "muh feelings" minorities getting their way. We have members from all camps who think this is an even bigger threat towards their sacred hobby than The Decline itself.

If it wasn't such a fucking powder keg of butthurt, there would have be no reason to contain the GG-shit in the first place. It would have just died off after the initial retardation.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I have to say that it's funny how a non-issue that nobody gives a fuck about gets to such a buttsore.

Oh wow, so Obsidian made changes to one of the backer texts because someone found it offensive! Interesting, but hardly unexpected. What's more surprising is that it made it into the game to begin with, but that's just my opinion. Do you see a thread on this surviving very long? Do you see a lot of people being interested? I sure as fuck don't.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73243-memorials-problem/
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/74461-controversial-limerick-discussion/
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75219-limerick-edit-thread/
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75328-limerick-edit-thread-2/

Slightly over 2100 posts in total.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Do you see a thread on this surviving very long? Do you see a lot of people being interested? I sure as fuck don't.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/gamergate-the-sjw-in-gaming-dumping-ground.90469/page-1222

Make no mistake. Nothing rouses these parts more than the hurt of "muh feelings" minorities getting their way. We have members from all camps who think this is an even bigger threat towards their sacred hobby than The Decline itself.
so he does see :smug:
also many more posts and entire pages of people wanting to discuss/shitpost on that matter are in retardoland. It seems the mod deliberatly tried to hide and discourage people talking about it using retardoland and then comming up with the idea of merging the everflowing new posts and threads with said megathread. this did not go unnoticed especially because there were so many posters. it is also the reason why we are having this fucking conversation to start with. if there was no problem we would be playing or fapping.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I have to say that it's funny how a non-issue that nobody gives a fuck about gets to such a buttsore.

Oh wow, so Obsidian made changes to one of the backer texts because someone found it offensive! Interesting, but hardly unexpected. What's more surprising is that it made it into the game to begin with, but that's just my opinion. Do you see a thread on this surviving very long? Do you see a lot of people being interested? I sure as fuck don't.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73243-memorials-problem/
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/74461-controversial-limerick-discussion/
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75219-limerick-edit-thread/
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/75328-limerick-edit-thread-2/

Slightly over 2100 posts in total.
it is disturbing to see how obsidian and the codex both try to lock such treads. this is damage control and it's ironic how damage control of censoring issue is being done by censoring.

Chamezero

Grunker has to be the most dishonest dipshit in this forum.
"I find it hilarious to suggest that the edit of a backer note based on a backer's willing consent is a "topic for legit outrage"." Holy shit :lol:

Angthoron

Arcane
Actually, how about a locked thread that'd go something like:

Obsidian's "SJW" Terror

As some may or may not be aware, Obsidian was recently forced to request permission to change a Gold-level backer's plaque text to something less "transphobic". The original message,

"Firedorn Lightbringer
Here lies Firedorn, a hero in bed
He once was alive and now he's dead
The last woman be bedded, turned out a man
and crying in shame, of a cliff he ran"
was deemed problematic by a crew of concerned citizens and eventually modified to something more suitable for the game's setting. If you should wish to discuss this, please follow to http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/gamergate-the-sjw-in-gaming-dumping-ground.90469; please keep this subforum clear of political debate for either side of GG.

Gives people a chance to see that this is a thing that has happened, and where they can go with their drivel. A nice compromise to leave both sides mad.

I dunno. I don't want to go to GG to find out news about PoE, but at the same time, I agree, I don't want GG to spill out to other forums either. This could do it.

Weasel
There are 101 threads in the PoE subforum. Why would it be a problem to have one thread there discussing this issue?

I think more people are actually concerned by seeing some pretty reasonable posts (on both sides of the debate) in retardoland, and the fact that (the impression of) suppressing this debate makes the Codex more similar to all the forums we like to mock, than are actually aggrieved by Obsidian changing that message.

But if people want to discuss that aspect of PoE's release then why do they have to wade through the megathread of GG stuff that most of us avoid? Having one thread in the PoE forum would have been a perfectly reasonable way of avoiding the issue being debated in every single PoE thread.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
We have a subforum for a specific game. Threads about that game go in that subforum.
We also have a forum for talking about how much you hate gays. Posts about how much you hate gays go there.

What was your point again?
Do we have a forum for discussing how much I hate strawmen? Because that's what I really need.

Chamezero

72ed3be8cc.png

:happytrollboy:
Even the retardoed "SJW" (read: I disagree with them) posts get their own megathread in retardo :salute:

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
None of this would be an issue if we could reply to posts in Retardoland.

Angthoron

Arcane
Being watchwitzed is kinda like replying in retardoland, maybe that'll work for you guys?

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Actually, how about a locked thread that'd go something like:

Obsidian's "SJW" Terror

As some may or may not be aware, Obsidian was recently forced to request permission to change a Gold-level backer's plaque text to something less "transphobic". The original message,

"Firedorn Lightbringer
Here lies Firedorn, a hero in bed
He once was alive and now he's dead
The last woman be bedded, turned out a man
and crying in shame, of a cliff he ran"
was deemed problematic by a crew of concerned citizens and eventually modified to something more suitable for the game's setting. If you should wish to discuss this, please follow to http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/gamergate-the-sjw-in-gaming-dumping-ground.90469; please keep this subforum clear of political debate for either side of GG.

Gives people a chance to see that this is a thing that has happened, and where they can go with their drivel. A nice compromise to leave both sides mad.

I dunno. I don't want to go to GG to find out news about PoE, but at the same time, I agree, I don't want GG to spill out to other forums either. This could do it.
why? what are you afraid of? how are sjw-threads worse than any other shitposting? and why are sjw-threads deemed unlikely/unable to degenerate in intelligent debate?

Angthoron

Arcane
why? what are you afraid of? how are sjw-threads worse than any other shitposting?
The SJW shitposters get butthurt easier. Wah, my threat got moved, wah, I'm a political dissident. Behold the violence inherent in the system, etc. You know, crybabying from atop a high horse cute pony. Doesn't matter which side. Try to moderate their shit and it's political. This is kinda nobody wants GG to spill, it'd be like having a GD spill, but with hemorrhoids. Do you wanna touch hemorrhoids bro?
and why are sjw-threads deemed unlikely/unable to degenerate in intelligent debate?
Well if you can point a few instances of intelligent debate in Worst Thread Ever...

Reapa

Doom Preacher
why? what are you afraid of? how are sjw-threads worse than any other shitposting?
The SJW shitposters get butthurt easier. Wah, my threat got moved, wah, I'm a political dissident. Behold the violence inherent in the system, etc. You know, crybabying from atop a high horse cute pony. Doesn't matter which side. Try to moderate their shit and it's political. This is kinda nobody wants GG to spill, it'd be like having a GD spill, but with hemorrhoids. Do you wanna touch hemorrhoids bro?
and why are sjw-threads deemed unlikely/unable to degenerate in intelligent debate?
Well if you can point a few instances of intelligent debate in Worst Thread Ever...
since when are we afraid to step on sore toes, being impolitically correct, being supporters of totalitarian systems, making crybabies cry or hemorrhoids standing in the way of our penises?
for the next argument i'm just gonna quote myself:
how is that not intelligent criticism of caving in to stupid demands?
also you forgot all the lulz this could generate at maximum potential. and isn't that ultimately the highest goal one can hope to achieve?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
since when are we afraid of being impolitically correct

since never

which is why we have a kentucky fried negro-dancing black man and a tranny smiley and why we always say "no lol" to people asking us to remove, move or censor the sensitive

so maybe, just maybe, confining 1222 pages of incessant whining to one thread is about something else that political correctness

but then, your skull is so thick that yelling "CONSPIRACY" on a forum for video games is all your five braincells are left capable at

in short: nobody cares about you or your sensitivity

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
You would have a point if you actually confined them to the SJW megathread. But as it is right now one butthurt moderator is skipping the step and sending it right to retardo.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
But as it is right now one butthurt moderator is skipping the step and sending it right to retardo.

I can do naught but iterate my personal opinion. Ultimately:

The Rulez said:
2. Moderators: Each of the forums also has a number of moderators who are responsible for ensuring the place doesn't go full retard. Their job is to ensure the rules are followed and generally annoy you as part of the Codex experience. A link to the Moderators of each forum can be found in that forum's description. If you have an issue in a particular forum, your reports will go to them - and you should harass them about it before coming here.

Each moderator has their own nuances and quibbles (both with particular issues and with certain users). However, within their forums they are Gods Angels of Death and Mercy. Fear them appropriately.

I believe I have stated multiple times that I have no power over the gaming forums.

Would I have retardoed those threads? No. Do I care that much or think it's an expression of a political correct conspiracy that they were retardoed?

:hahano:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
since when are we afraid of being impolitically correct

since never

which is why we have a kentucky fried negro-dancing black man and a tranny smiley and why we always say "no lol" to people asking us to remove, move or censor the sensitive

so maybe, just maybe, confining 1222 pages of incessant whining to one thread is about something else that political correctness

but then, your skull is so thick that yelling "CONSPIRACY" on a forum for video games is all your five braincells are left capable at

in short: nobody cares about you or your sensitivity
i'm getting the feeling i've been misread. i'm not accusing codex mods of being politically incorrect or being impolitically correct. i'm accusing him/them of sucking obsidian cock for money or otherwise and trying to hide bad publicity for pillars of eternity the same way obsidian is doing it themselves on their forums. now why would i get that idea if not because of all the given facts and screens, and other people taking my side on this matter. whether you are ignoring the growth of the retardoland or the simple logic of megathreads losing momentum cause of lack of new input from people not making the connection of that thread to pillars of eternity does not make it disapear. it just shows that you are unwilling to admit that it's being done, hide behind the statement that it's not your department as if that would somehow hinder you to have an opinion although you vehemently defend it by saying it doesn't interest you and it's meaningless although if it were you could just as easily ignore it.
so either i'm feeding a troll or you are.
at least i have some backup from the actual facts (retardoland growth and the pillars of eternity thread clean of sjw although it's the most recent news), while you just generalize any sjw posts/discussion as being "irrelevant news". i can understand why the change of some minor game content that nobody should care about can be deemed irrelevant. what i don't understand is why it can't be irrelevant in the pillars of eternity subforum where it belongs (this isn't about entitlement or posting shit wherever i want, it's about the issue being connected directly to the game). and neither you nor Angthoron came up with anything rational that would support the merge.
now i am trying to come close to being on the same page as you and i am acknowledging the fact that you do not support irrational retardoing. maybe Jaesun dosen't suck obsidian cock for the sake of sucking obsidian cock, but i do sense some fear here. it might be reaction to having to mod the worst tread ever when it started and ever since and just cramming everything in there out of lazyness or fear of butthurt or fear of bad publicity for the codex or what ever. alas that is not the way to go. you wanna be a mod then fucking mod and don't discourage discussion out of fear of having to mod it.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
anti-SJWs manage to be even more obnoxious than the people they crusade against. A truly remarkable achievement.

"SJW shit" gets moved out because it derails threads and turns them into shit slinging competitions.

That said, if you want a "Worst POE thread ever" in the POE subforum where all manner of SJWing as it relates to the game can be discussed this seems like a fair compromise to me.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
anti-SJWs manage to be even more obnoxious than the people they crusade against. A truly remarkable achievement.

"SJW shit" gets moved out because it derails threads and turns them into shit slinging competitions.

That said, if you want a "Worst POE thread ever" in the POE subforum where all manner of SJWing as it relates to the game can be discussed this seems like a fair compromise to me.
it can't derail threads if the thread itself is about this news, and no i can't since i've tried and it got merged while others even got their treads retardoed, and yes, that is the whole point of this discussion, less mindless merging, especially in subforums. hence the title
I thought we were done with mod-enforced megathreads?
Edit: and thanks for the title idea. nice one, gonna try again, make screen before it gets merged and use it as a reference once it does/if it does.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Grunker has to be the most dishonest dipshit in this forum.
"I find it hilarious to suggest that the edit of a backer note based on a backer's willing consent is a "topic for legit outrage"." Holy shit :lol:

Grunker is on his path to be a "politician". I know how this shit works, I'm a political-economic analyst. My job irl is to see through this kind of discourse and write about the motivations behind and consequences of their actions thereof. If I was paid to analyse the codex, I'd suggest investing in popcorn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom