Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Roguelike I wanna be a [s]dragon[/s] pirate! - Open-world action RPG Tempest released

Astral Rag

Arcane

Game Features:

*Always something to do
Three regions, dozens of islands, hundreds of quests!
*Free roam
Limitless sailing in real time - use Global Map only if you want to!
*Pirate cooperation
Share the world of Tempest between you and your friends. Pirate, trade and do quests together, or declare war to each other and watch the ocean burn!
*Seafarer’s adventures
Buy ships, upgrade your ships, decorate your ships!
*Being a pirate: Marketer or Racketeer?
Buy something cheap and sell it at a higher price… Or plunder galleons, sink warships, destroy forts!
*Fight huge monsters
Kraken’s sea-friends are waiting for you!
*Not only cannons
Use mystical crystals to escape the enemy’s cannonballs, bring down meteorites onto your opponent or call a huge octopus to your aid!
*Create a great, loyal crew
Level up your pirates, let them grow from sailor boys to skilled old salts!

Hey Captain! Now that you’ve got the Jolly Roger fluttering in the wind over your ship, you’re ready to rove the seas, take on merchant ships loaded with booty and storm formidable fortresses. Set sail and get your hands on all those legendary treasures that are just waiting for the picking!
When we created Tempest, we focused on the most thrilling part of pirate life – sea battles.
As you navigate the dangerous waters of the game you won’t just catch up with merchants, but you will encounter fellow pirates, creepy followers of a mysterious cult and terrible mythical monsters: Kraken, Leviathan and other infamous creatures.
Your ship – the pride and joy of any freebooter – can be customized in many ways. You are free to change almost everything – from the color of your flag and sails to the ship’s hull and figurehead.
Of course, there are plenty of weapons to choose from for every battle, including cannons, mortars, flame throwers and so on. Also there are special tools ready to help you to rig the ship for any purpose. However, you can win the most valuable artifacts only by finishing the multilevel quests called “legends”.

Good hunting.

System Requirements:

Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Hardware Accelerated Graphics (lol)
DirectX: Version 9.0
Storage: 500 MB available space

Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/418180

edit: Looks p interesting but sadly this is yet another Unity game. The game's forum isn't flooded with the typical I have an i7 k1337 and a 1980XXL and yet this Unity-Powered game runs at 23fps threads though.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
From everything I seen you only do ship battles here, there is not roleplaying. This is as much RPG as Sid Meier's Pirates, so move this to some other subforum.

Astral Rag

Arcane
From everything I seen you only do ship battles here, there is not roleplaying. This is as much RPG as Sid Meier's Pirates, so move this to some other subforum.

My bad, I forgot that this forum was for true RPGs only, true RPGs such as "Fallout" 4, Twich3r and Rise of the Desu Ex.

I remember that when I was younger I have been having blast playing Sea Dogs.

Sea Dogs was awesome.

ArchAngel

Arcane

My bad, I forgot that this forum was for true RPGs only, true RPGs such as "Fallout" 4, Twich3r and Rise of the Desu Ex.

I remember that when I was younger I have been having blast playing Sea Dogs.

Sea Dogs was awesome.
F4 is a bad RPG but it is a RPG. This game is not.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Always something to do
Three regions, dozens of islands, hundreds of quests!
Seafarer’s adventures
Buy ships, upgrade your ships, decorate your ships!
Create a great, loyal crew
Level up your pirates, let them grow from sailor boys to skilled old salts!

Sounds like a better RPG than fallout 4 imho.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Good idea guys let's start this discussion again I'm sure this time it'll lead to a final conclusion

Instead: Has anyone here actually played this?

laclongquan

Arcane
I gotta agree with ArchAngel here, it's not a RPG.

It can be a good game in the way Patrician 3 and Port Royale 2 is a good game, but they are not RPG.

I am not surprised at the mislabel though. Tempest is a game made by Herocraft, who port King of Dragon pass to android, and whose portfolio is mostly non-RPG or RPG-lite. They can be a great developer, but their forte is not RPG.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Is this worth buying and the expansions?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom