Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ I want to be a Satan - Solium Infernum AAR

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
herostratus -- I opened Solium Infernum, went to my deceit archdaemon edit page, pressed printscreen, pasted into photoshop.

I like him. It's a red troll with horns and monocle. Seems appropriate. :3

[edit]

Here you go, herostratus
ecdYHtL.png
zWGy1ad.png

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Well, same deal. Go into the game, hit printscreen, crop and save, then use as avaturd.

Make sure to keep the cropped image square, or bits will get cropped off on the dex.

[edit]

Sweet bajeezus... Just made an archfiend with 2/1/1/1/1 abilities, master of the sword, master of archery, obscure, duke of hell and lust objective. My starting legion was Ranged 14, melee 4, infernal 1, 9 hp and fierce. And there was a +archery praetor on the bazaar.

Long story short, pandemonium taken by turn 6, game won in tun 11.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Well, same deal. Go into the game, hit printscreen, crop and save, then use as avaturd.

Make sure to keep the cropped image square, or bits will get cropped off on the dex.

[edit]

Sweet bajeezus... Just made an archfiend with 2/1/1/1/1 abilities, master of the sword, master of archery, obscure, duke of hell and lust objective. My starting legion was Ranged 14, melee 4, infernal 1, 9 hp and fierce. And there was a +archery praetor on the bazaar.

Long story short, pandemonium taken by turn 6, game won in tun 11.

:eek:

Sounds like the game is a must-buy for me then.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

SI is quite good, but there are two deal-breaking caveats you need to be aware of:
1: The games tooltips are lacking. You need to have the manual at hand to look stuff up all the time. Abilities on legions/preators/artifacts/relics are explained while it's for sale at the bazaar. But once in play, th eonly way to figure out what an ability does is to look it up in the appendices of the manual.
2: The AI is terrible. We're talking as bad as the AI in Ascendancy here. If you're not going to play the game with humans, don't bother. Single Player is only entertaining for 1-2 playthroughs. The meat of the game is PBEM.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Chapter III - Consolidation of Power

Land has been grabbed, legions were lost and levelled, what happens next?

TURN 7

solium0069.jpg

solium0070.jpg

Roxor said:
7. Homofaggots walling me in. Let's insult herpo and get resources. Was thinking about getting the flying legion, but I'd rather get 4 cunning asap.

solium0071.jpg

As you can see here, I am in the perfect position to insult Herostratus. His legion is far up there, like 6 turns away from its only access point to my territory, while my uberlegion guarding the garden of delights has been completely shut off by Root and Jaedar. Should Herostratus declare vendetta on me, there is no way he can get access to any assets he could seize from me.

solium0072.jpg

Insulting is serious diplomatic business.

solium0073.jpg

You pay some prestige to do it. If the enemy accepts the insult, he loses the prestige you paid, and you get double back. If he doesn't accept it, he can declare butthurt vendetta and officially go to war against me.

When declaring vendetta, you must pick its duration, prestige cost and objective. Duration ranges from 1 to 4 turns. You pay an initial prestige cost to start it. The more you wager and the less turns you assign, the more you win. Objectives are all sorts of conquest - destroy x legions, capture x places of power, praetor single combat, capture x cantons.

And of course, the most important part:

solium0074.jpg

Is an official pm declaration.

Meanwhile, a new manuscript made it to the bazaar

solium0075.jpg

Cheddar said:
Trun 7
Sigil is ours. Picking up obsidian skin to eventually use it to make a superpraetor. Also gonna buy the fliers. Mobility is king.

solium0076.jpg

The race to the summit of Mt Erebus keeps going, but Deso didn't account for Herostratus getting 3 movement/turn for his legion, so the winner seems obvious.

Herostratus said:
Turn 7:

Deso failed sowing confusion on me. So at least 2 deceit. I hate thieves. I just have to convince him that he doesn't have to put me as target #1... That would make life shit for me.

That said, I don't think he has prince of lies - that way he would never fail, right?

Root stole/bought the manuscript the same time as I got some souls. Fuck. That said, I need +6 darkness and +4 souls for lemedong seal, and then I need 8/0/4/4 for another int, for next order. I'm rushing for this as no one got enough power to vendetta me.

More IRC intel: Root complains about price of Orias; no hints here oh no.
Further: Claims his strat is ruined by long game. Which is more bizarre, he has a shit starting legion having invested errything in prince.

^ Sowing confusion is a ritual that paralyzes enemy legions during one turn. Sneaky sneaky Brazilian.

Meanwhile,

Alex said:
Set to increase my wickedness and charisma this turn. Brimstone and spirit are
plentiful, right now. I still need more than that to get more actions slots.
Everyone else has more prestige than me, and I don't see that changing any time
too soon. Still, maybe I can still make a difference in the game

DING DING TURN 8

solium0077.jpg

solium0078.jpg

Lotsa stuff going on.

Root said:
deso has raum
roxor has vassago
somebody else has someone else

ffs

solium0079.jpg

Cheddar got the Darkwing Legion. The unit has 'flying' which lets it hop over enemy cantons, mountains, etc.

Chedderp said:
Turn 8

Hero gets ganged up upon by root and roxor. I am insulted they did not invite me. I offered hero aid in case he was gonna vendetta, but the coward will give in.

I have no idea what to do... I need more prestige. I could target root, but I want to bring roxor or hero down, not root :/.

Roxorus said:
8. All quiet. Cheddar got the flying legion. If I get lucky with tribute rolls now, I'll have 4 cunning by turn 10.

solium0080.jpg

Herostratus claims the summit.

Herpoderpo said:
Turn 8: It beginz. Roxor has convinced his lapdog root to demand on me, and he has done so at the same time. No way in hell this isn't collusion. Root demands, roxor insults... And I'm overextended as hell. I also suspect root has oblivion orb (nice desinfo tactic on irc there rat).

This is annoying.

I think... I will accept roxors insult, and deny root. When root inevitably asks for praetor combat, I will just not meet. I will bleed prestige but that's ok, makes an anti-roxor alliance more likely to happen. We only have 1 conclave token so soon as I get an order advantage, things can start turning

I'm bidding on Fulminata this turn. I need some forces, and this one is as good as they get (outside of adamantium legion that is). I am glad none of the others recognize it's strength..

Funny thing, there was actually no collaboration between me and Root in these last turns.

But wait, there's more!!!

solium0081.jpg

Arex said:
The attribute increase was succesful. Hopefully, my greater charisma means I
can pull much more resources now.

My tribute demands look better, but I will need a lot more to get an extra
action slot. Since my prestige is low, people seem to be leaving me alone. Then
again, I am really far behind in the race. I think my best move would probably be
stealing the city of hell to myself. For that, I will need to get a much better
martial skill. My legion reformed, but they lost a level.

:M

DOING GOES THE TURN 9 BELL

solium0082.jpg

solium0083.jpg

Roxorowicz said:
9. Not enough resources just yet. But soon, soon. Hero accepted insult, great. Now let's get more resources. Would spy on some faggots, but I've got too shit ichor to do zhis. Hey, if everything goes well, I can even raise int to 3 soon.

I wonder if root has the kamikaze orb. Maybe I should pilfer his vaults for it.

Cheddarius said:
Turn9

I'm gonna jump wth darkwing to claim a canton close to one of roxors pops. That way I can do aerial strike against it later.

Deso has fewlishly said it was not he who bought the orb. This leaves root and roxor, since I doubt hero would have the cash to get that and the extra legion.

solium0084.jpg

Breivik said:
Turn 9:

No happenings. Root will respond next turn. Alex blocked my way, probably unwittingly but... The move had a very AI quality to it, in that it was a senseless annoyance.

Threat list needs to be updated, next turn is last chance. What the fuck will I do?

Also: Only machines in the manuscripts section. That part might as well be out of the game, unless something rootish happens.

solium0085.jpg

2/4 parts of Machine of Despair in the bazaar. It's practically begging to be bought.

Alex said:
Turn 9:
Yet again, just demanded resources. there isn't much strategic value in the
lands left to conquer. All I can do now is hope I am lucky with the resources rolls
so I can get more prestige later on. Artifacts can be a source of prestige too, so
it isn't a lost case. Also, I realized it would have been a much better idea to
leave the manuscript trait behind and just get charisma 3. Well, too late now.
Hopefully I can learn something from this.

Also, new stuff on the bazaar:

solium0086.jpg

solium0087.jpg

The "curse of prophecy" means that anytime some player uses an Int-based ritual, the owner of this praetor has a chance to gain a manuscript that can exact a terrible attribute-based curse on any given player.

solium0088.jpg

solium0089.jpg

ZING TURN 10

solium0090.jpg

At the start of the game, you can toggle the 'infernal census' event. At seemingly random moments in time, the census pops up and gives everyone prestige equal to land owned.

Fact: Jaedar hates it.

Also, turn 10 is the last time the threat list can be re-arranged for free. After that, it takes both resources and an action to do that. And as we know, threat lists are important.

I put my threat list as follows: Herostratus (most prestigious) -> Jaedar (fairly prestigious, as well as a cunning beast) -> Root (CUNNING BEAST++++) -> Deso (fairly clueless) -> Alex (no pops, pretty bad legion... yeah)

solium0091.jpg

Cheddar doing multiple simultaneous and devastating defensive deep strikes

Rawxor said:
10. 3 turn orders, here I come. But gotta consolidate tribute first. Also, getting burning legion, I could use a 2nd legion to do odd jobs while the main stack of doom guards the garden of delights.

solium0092.jpg

As you can see, levelling an already developed ability is pretty costly

solium0093.jpg

And you can assign only 8 tribute cards to a single spending.

solium0094.jpg

That's why each time you wanna buy something big, you are pretty much needed to consolidate tribute

solium0095.jpg

And forge many small cards into one big.

solium0096.jpg

Meanwhile,

Filthy Norwegian said:
Turn 10:

Root declares vendetta by praetor, no surprise. Too bad I don't have any praetor, and will lose 15 prestige. Oh well, perhaps *now* they will leave me alone. I can't waste more time at maneuvering, I need that order slot.

Oh, and that random burst of movement Alex made last turn, that depraved my of my movement order? he hasn't moved anything now so... It was just senseless.

Someone needs to put him out of his misery. I think I might volunteer for the job, soon as this east front shit is finished and people turn on roxor instead. Soon as I get the +2, they will turn on me for sure. Can't afford that.

As it is now, I am incapable of striking at anyone and potentially threatened from 4 sides - uh, wait, Alex is also a threat so make that 5 sides. To even think of making offensive moves now is insane. So wtf am i even gonna do with this threat list.

Alex said:
Turn 10:
Again, I just demanded tribute. I need more fire to increase charisma. I also
decidedto adjust the threat rating, as this is the last turn I can do so for free.
I put roxor and hero at the forefront.

NEED DOSE TRIBUTES

solium0097.jpg

And here you can see Herostratus's Fulminata, guarding his dungeon heart. A pretty good legion, with high hp and well balanced stats.

solium0098.jpg

It was also replaced by this in the bazaar.

TURN 11

solium0099.jpg

solium0100.jpg

A new event. More useful than the old one, albeit risky now that I've got an auxiliary legion of my own.

solium0101.jpg

potatopotatopotato said:
11. Fuck I'm gonna get walled in by cheddar's gay-ass flying legion. At least I'll get 3 turn orders now.

solium0102.jpg

The Big Cheese said:
Turn 11
gonna buy the mirror. Hopefully this will let me prevent any runaways, making sure I still have a chance at victory. Expensive, but what can you do.

Herostratus said:
Turn 11:

I got veil of smoke. Great! I also can buy the lemegeton seal now. I will forfeit to root this turn, and that is that. A quiet turn. I need just +6 souls and +4 darkness now for my third order.

Al-ex said:
Turn 11:
I decided to increase cunning, as I have an excess of darkness. If I can get
an extra action slot soon, I might still make it.

Not much going on all things considered.

solium0103.jpg

Someone must have used an event that caused Herostratus's PoP to rebel.

solium0104.jpg

Roxorowski said:
12. Someone's buying shitloads of stuff from the bazaar. Will have to start pilfering soon. ESPECIALLY root.

solium0105.jpg

This is the pop that rebelled. Given its position, odds are it was not really the one someone wanted to make rebel.

Breivik said:
Turn 12:

Forfeited fight to root, which butthurted jaedar. Someone made my suicide wood insurrect, a move which I migh even gain from if i level up from the fight. No one can threaten it. What bothers me is deso's sulking outside of mt erebus, which can be bad for me if I'm away.

In unrelated news I got the lemegeton seal unsurprisingly.

solium0106.jpg

Deso indeed is sitting around there suspiciously.

Jaedar said:
Turn 12
Everyone has so much prestige. I'll have to win a war against root. It's the only choice.

Alex said:
Turn 12:
Just darkness as tribute. Root stole a bucketload of prestige from Hero by
sending a champion. Good, at least people aren't looking my way. I decided to just
ask for resources, so I can upgrade charisma soon, but I am playing it dangerous
letting the wrath increasing artifact in the bazaar go unbid.

SO MUCH TRIBUTE

New stuff in the bazaar:

solium0108.jpg

Ten Thousand Codexers

solium0109.jpg

solium0110.jpg

And the current standing after 12 turns:

solium0107.jpg

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

SI is quite good, but there are two deal-breaking caveats you need to be aware of:
1: The games tooltips are lacking. You need to have the manual at hand to look stuff up all the time. Abilities on legions/preators/artifacts/relics are explained while it's for sale at the bazaar. But once in play, th eonly way to figure out what an ability does is to look it up in the appendices of the manual.
2: The AI is terrible. We're talking as bad as the AI in Ascendancy here. If you're not going to play the game with humans, don't bother. Single Player is only entertaining for 1-2 playthroughs. The meat of the game is PBEM.
1: is easily solved by reading the manual or just keeping the wiki up in the background.

And yeah, the AI is pretty bad. Especially when players do nonstandard plays like rush pandamonium in turn 6 or excommunicates himself and starts killing strongholds. The ai code and builds are simply balanced for an older version of the game where strong legions were more rare.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Chapter IV: Honour Among Thieves

TURN 13

solium0111.jpg

Roxor said:
13. Some faggot's spying on me. This is not good, my 4 cunning might have been spotted. Let's hurl a demand at deso and try looting hero's vaults. If everything goes well, I should raise int to 3 and get deso's theatre of sloth soon.

Looting a player's vault is a cunning-based ritual. You unlock it once you level cunning to 4.

solium0112.jpg

The resources at the bottom of the window are the ritual's base cost. You pay the base cost for the d00d highest on your threat list, and add +1 to each resource for every lower spot if using it on other d00dz.

solium0113.jpg

Thus, if I use it on Herostratus, who is my #1

solium0114.jpg

I pay base of 2 flames/2 darkness. But if I wanted to use it on Root, who is #3, I'd have to pay 4/4

And that's basically everything that happens this turn:

Alex said:
Turn 13:
Finally I have enough resourcesto upgrade charisma, but they won't all fit in
a ritual. So I need to consolidate the resources. Hopefully, next turn I upgrade
it and buy that relic.

Cheddar said:
Turn 13
:D the second obsidian skin manuscript has been found... All I need is a praetor with 3 orbs... and we will be in business. There's currently 2 in the shop. Neither is very spectacular. Wish I'd gotten enough money to grab furfur or Vallec, they'd both be better for my purposes.

Herostratus said:
Turn 13:

Nuthin l0l. Roxor is taking the lead, cheddar is setting something up in the east. Deso still worries me. Good.

TURN 14

solium0115.jpg

solium0116.jpg

Roxorowicz said:
14. Snatched hero's manoeuvre training :DDDDD Time to get my disciples 3 movement. But not at once, let's not make it too obvious. Now let's get some resources and prepare to yoink deso's pop.

<Jaedar> fucking stealers
<herostratus> someone stole from you too?
<herostratus> i'm telling you, it's root
<herostratus> whoever did it must have 4 deceit
<herostratus> at turn 13
<herostratus> so thsi requires full attention to raising it, or weak as shit starting legion

:trorr:

solium0117.jpg

The two manuscripts I managed to steal are Vile Oath of Consumption (volume 3, a praetor combat move), and a manoeuvre training part whose 2nd part I happened to buy on the bazaar before.

solium0119.jpg

Meanwhile, Herostratus claims back his wood of the suicides. He is also butthurt (in a friendly manner)

Breivik said:
Turn 14:

Someone is lototing my vaults. To say that this displeases me is the understatement of the century. To make shit worse, they got the maneuver training manuscript.

But who is it? To gain anything at all from it, it has to be someone with me high on the threat list. Root and roxor both spent one turn at declaring insults, jaedar... Is busy moving his legions to the east. I'd assume it's one of these three who bought the arti as well. Deso however is known to have deceit.

Another thing that worries me is that looting the vaults requires 4 deceit. Someone else also has 3 order slots. That has to be someone who has moved little, insulted little, fought little... It could be root with his shit starting legion, or alex who has done nothing, or deso who has done nothing.

And yet: Tribute yielded me no less than 8 darkness. Behold, the glorious evolution!

Roxor and root is definitely working in some kind of alliance. Perhaps they plan on blood vassal.

And that's basically it for this turn

Alex said:
No surprises. I upgraded my charisma, and I should soon upgrade my cunning. I
should be on the lookout, though. I am letting my intellect fall behind, and it is
one of the most important attributes. I think I actually have a shot at the
throne.

solium0120.jpg

A new artifact at the bazaar.

DING DING TURN 15

solium0121.jpg

Lotsa diplomatic traffic.

solium0122.jpg

Roxorowicz said:
15. Aww, deso conceded to my demands :( No theatre for me. Let's gather massive resources and buy 1 part of the machine of despair so nobody can use it against me [Machine of Despair lowers everyone's cunning by 2].

Meanwhile, Jaedar is very much Jaedaring as usual:

Jaedar said:
Turn 15
A curse of diabloism has been found and will be arrayed against roxor. This should keep him down. A demand has been sent to root last turn, we shall see how he responds. It's just one resource card, so if he has any sense he'll just give it to me.

Hero said:
Turn 15:

Got int 4. Everyone else is fighting. Root demanding on everyone, deso moving on root. I think I will buy Malacoda.

DING DING TURN 16

solium0123.jpg

solium0124.jpg

solium0125.jpg

Lotsa happening again. Darth Roxor is quite butthurt

Roxette said:
16. FUCKING WANKERS CURSING ME. Now I lose 6 prestige each time I DEMAND TRIBUTE FROM MINIONS. WHAT THE FUCK. I knew I should have raised that FUCKING int earlier. Gonna do that right now. THIS IS A DISASTER.

Let's demand 3 cards from cheddar. They wanna stop me from getting tribute from my minions? Hoho, fine, I can get it in other ways.

Whoever it was is a good question. But I bet 5$ it was herostratus or root. NIGGERDICKS. Fortunately, only 3 turns.

solium0126.jpg

Jaedar must have envisioned his plan a bit differently

solium0127.jpg

When he was using the curse.

Jaedar said:
turn 16
A super artifact has appeared in the shoppe, +1 order slots. I must have it, but I must consolidate once first... I hope no one else takes it.

It seems that the curse isn't publicaly annoucned and now roxor knows its me. Oops :( Perhaps he will think its publically announced though. I can only hope, cause if he bears down on me.... I'm fucked (y)

Alex said:
Turn 16:
Almost at charisma 4, just a little more darkness. I also bought the artifact,
finally. Root made a demand of me, but I don't know what he wants, no like he can
take my territory. If he wanted the spirit I promisedhim, he shouldn't have
demanded so much.

solium0128.jpg

A new legion, replacing the one bought by Deso.

solium0129.jpg

And a really damn powerful new relic.

solium0130.jpg

And a silly manuscript.

DING DING TURN 17, FAGGERTS

solium0131.jpg

solium0132.jpg

A new event. Pretty useful if you are planning a conquest.

Roxor said:
17. All quiet... for now. Let's loot herpo's vaults. And insult his ass.

solium0133.jpg

solium0134.jpg

All rituals performed take up 'ritual slots'. You start with 2 by default and get more as you level intellect.

Other affairs in the kingdom:

Arexxx said:
I will just get more resources this turn. I need to focus on getting charisma
4 and another attribute there too. From then on, it is smooth sailing. If things
work out, I should get a whole lot of machines and rites too, although maxed out
charisma gives out enough, specially with a few artifacts.

Root challenged me to a duel, but I decided to not match him. I would spend
too much buying a praetor, and the only one looking good would need a consolidate
tribute. I will let root have his vendetta. I will need to get an artifact to draw
prestige from, however.

And that's just about it. Boring turn all things considered.

DONG DONG TURN 18

solium0135.jpg

solium0136.jpg

Funny stuff happening. Note Jaedar cowering like the coward he is :obviously:

Rox said:
18. Sigh, of course I got a whole lot of useless resources. But at least the curse has been lifted now. EXCELLENT. Tribute. I need it and I need a lot of it. Gonna spy on root, too.

solium0137.jpg

solium0138.jpg

As you can see, the basic cost of augury rises from 1/1 to 3/3 when auguring Root.

But wait, let's take a few seconds to analyse one thing.

As you've seen in the turn log, Root's praetor lost against Deso's. Here's how the combat was resolved:

duel.jpg

Poor Furfur got wiped out in three quick moves. Let's take a look at each one:

Root tries to be very predicting and places a melee block of 5 defense shields as his first action, anticipating a melee attack from Raum. However, Deso orders Raum to use 3 infernal orbs to conduct an infernal burst. Infernal burst does d6 damage to the enemy, and can't be stopped by melee blocks.

The only thing that can reduce damage from infernal bursts is the random Luck. In fact, Furfur was Lucky enough to reduce the damage taken by 2 (it's the x-like icon on his melee block). Furfur loses a total of 4 HP during the first attack, Raum emerges unscathed.

2. Furfur performs a melee attack of 5 skulls, and adds a Lucky 2 to the result, inflicting 7 damage total! Raum produces another 3-orb infernal burst, hitting Furfur for a whopping 6 damage. He also gets lucky enough to reduce Furfur's damage by 1.

In the end, both praetors take 6 damage, and are at 1 and 2 hp respectively.

3. Finally, Furfur performs a melee attack, assigning 4 skulls and getting 2 luck, for a total of 6 damage. However, Raum uses a guarded attack, using his completely unspent attack/defense to assign 4 skulls worth of damage and 4 shields of defence to the move, as well as getting 1 luck that reduces Furfur's damage.

Thus, Furfur's 6 damage is reduced by 4 shields and 1 luck, for a total of 1, leaving Raum at 1 HP.
Raum's blow, however, finds absolutely no defence from Furfur and strikes true. Furfur is banished to the abyss and Deso emerges much more prestigious.

root said:

solium0139.jpg

New items on the bazaar

solium0140.jpg

Alex said:
Turn 18:
Managed to increase my charisma. Now I will increase intellect until I have 3
order slots. From them on, it is smooth sailing.

Chedderp said:
Turn 18
Roxor KNOWS NOTHING AHAHAHHAH
Also the codex demonarcum is mine... 3 order slots babeh!

Herpo said:
Turn 18:

The Pseudomonarchia Daemonum, unknown. FML. The create rift event gives a lot of lulzy options, tho I will go for the boring one and seal off mt erebus up top.

solium0142.jpg

Also, looks like there's a bumrush being readied against Root's territory.

solium0141.jpg

And here are the current standings.

Until next time.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It still astounds me how I was able to keep so close to the leaders in prestige with one shitty pop.

Also, you start with one ritual slot, and gain one for each level in intellect up to the cap. Some artifacts also give extra slots.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
This AAR is really entertaining to follow. Brilliant idea with the player comments for each turn.

Boris

Educated
Queued
Was there some kind of agreement to disallow alliances outside of the game?
Cause I see everyone going solo...

Grim Monk

Arcane

Does this also apply Armageddon Empires?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Does this also apply Armageddon Empires?

The AE AI is good for what it is. It actually puts up a decent challenge considering that it doesn't cheat (nol free resources, knowledge of your units etc), but it does become fairly easy to beat after a while. I think one of my biggest dissapointments with SI initially was that the AI was so bad compared to the one in AE.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Was there some kind of agreement to disallow alliances outside of the game?
Cause I see everyone going solo...
Cooperation is a foul practice and only a true UNFRIEND would ever engage in it.

Of course, its not cooperation if you plan to backstab the other person from the very start.

Boris

Educated
Queued
Well, obviously, there can only be one. But until that point comes, I would have instantly got on board with some weaker or stronger dude and colluded to share rewards and drive a combined strategy, exploiting mechanics etc.
Everyone here is going IMMAKINGOFTHEWORLD, except for Alex. :lol:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Well, obviously, there can only be one. But until that point comes, I would have instantly got on board with some weaker or stronger dude and colluded to share rewards and drive a combined strategy, exploiting mechanics etc.

Thing is, when playing SI, everyone suspects everyone at the bottom of the ladder to be kingmakers or powers behind the throne. ESPECIALLY if they actively seek 'alliances'. The game is very friendly like that.

But collusion is not exactly alien to this game, no. More wacky stuff will come during the course of the lp.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Chapter V: Faceslap Delivery

DING DING, TURN 19

solium0143.jpg

solium0144.jpg

Alex said:
Turn 19:
My new charisma has prompted much better tribute cards. So I am increasing
intellect. Hopefully, in 4 turns I will have order slots. There is an artifact in
the bazzar that protects from attribute decreases. I really should try to get it.
Also, root couldn't send a champion either, so Ididn't lose anything by forfeiting
his challenge.

Root said:

Roxor said:
19. No darkness. FFS. 20 souls and nothing to spend it on. Sigh. Augury gave me nothing, so root prob has high int.
Gonna demand 3 tribute cards from Deso. I WILL have that theatre of sloth.

solium0145.jpg

solium0146.jpg

Not exactly a lot happening in turn 19.

DING DING, TURN 20

solium0147.jpg

solium0148.jpg

Some very funky stuff

First, someone used a very uncool event that raises the ritual cost by 1 of each resource for a p long time.

solium0149.jpg

Second, Herostratus used an event to create this massive fissure next to the summit of mt Erebus. All in all a pretty silly move that could have been used better.

Herostratus said:
Turn 20:

Got Vile oath of consumption in a tribute roll. If not for that miserable thief, I'd have all 3 volumes and malacoda could instagib people. I swear I will find him and gut him.

Made a fizzure top; now I am besieged from only southwest and south east. I am pleased.

solium0150.jpg

The legion of the damned was bought by Root to protect his tree of woe.

And of course, Jaedar is Jaedaring:

turn 20:

I am in single combat vendetta with root.
I will get a better praetor than he, but I won't have time to train it with the obsidian skin. This is unfortunate, but I hope the RNg will favor me.

Drew Torment, which will let me reduce someone's stat. Gonna try and extort roxor and hero for some resources

Torment is an event. You pay some prestige and target a player. A random stat of his is reduced by 1. Nasty if it hits a vital stat.

Rox said:
20. Lol, hero put a fissure right next to the summit of Mt Erebus to deny deso. I am fairly sure that could have been used better. I WISH I HAD SOMETHING TO SPEND THESE 21 SOULS ON.

Cheddar claims he's got something big in an event... might not be bluffing. Hero claims it's torment. Gonna send him a soul or two as appeasement just in case.

Hm, maybe I should get int to 4. Would need 4 more dorkness for that.

Thus, Darth Roxor, in his infinite wisdom, sends Jaedar an emissary bearing gifts

solium0151.jpg

solium0152.jpg

solium0153.jpg

Basically, the more you send, the more turns the player can't throw any demands or insults at you. This is also SI's pretty much only form of "trading".

solium0154.jpg

Fortunately, I had a lot of spare souls :troll:

New praetors on the bazaar:

solium0155.jpg

solium0156.jpg

And a new legion

solium0157.jpg

and of course

Alex said:
Turn 20:
I am running low on souls, so Idecided to just ask for tribute.

:M

DING DING TURN 21

solium0158.jpg

solium0159.jpg

solium0160.jpg

Deso refuses my demand, so I call vendetta.

solium0161.jpg

Objective - to seize a place of power. I actually called the vendetta for 2 turns instead of 3, to get some breathing space in case shit goes wrong, and to not make it too long so that it can't backfire.

Roxorus said:
21. Deso has played right into my trap. He's gonna try to make the order of the skull assist the pop, but my combat deception should take care of that - if I reduce the pop's ranged attribute, I should take it down without problems, unless he ALSO assigns Raum there, but I'll get the lance of the leper king JUST IN CASE THAT SHOULD HAPPEN. Of course, if the deception doesn't work, I'm very much fucked.

And there goes my last darkness. Sigh. Alea iacta est. Gonna need massive tributes in the next turns if I want my 4 int. I'd really like that 4th turn order.

solium0162.jpg

Combat deception is a pretty neat cunning-based ritual. If successful, it can very much disarm any pop or legion if it has a single powergamed stat.

solium0163.jpg

And best thing is, it can be used even if there's no vendetta up.

solium0164.jpg

solium0165.jpg

Deso's low place on my threat list, as well as the ritual tax event make it INCREDIBLY costly, however.

solium0166.jpg

Also bidding on the leper dick lance.

Furthermore,

Roxorus again said:
Funny thing, I just realised that if I threw a single silly fireball at the Pandemonium, I could conduct such a blitz in the subsequent 2 turns that I'd probably knock out Jaedar, Hero and Alex without any problems, leaving only root and deso to try to fend against me. I believe I need to keep a very solid note of this plan.

solium0167.jpg

solium0168.jpg

Other stuff:

Cheddar said:
Turn 21
Roxor paid, hero demanded of me. We'll see how he likes being tormented and cursed. Then we'll build the machine of agony and punish anyone who has built destruction.... hope someone actually has :)

Alex said:
Turn 21:
Still low on souls, but I managed to increase intellect to 3. Just a little
more, and I can start concentrating on wickedness.

Hero said:
Turn 21:

Cheddar is being all smartass demanding tribute cards or he's gonna use torment on me. I demand 3 resources of him for the insult. Best thing is he's bogged down in the east anyhow so he can't really retaliate.

I'm training malacoda with impale and veil of smoke. I wish i had a better duelist to train but the shoppe is filled to the brim with shit praetors, and these manuscripts are never safe with the thief around.

And new stuff on the bazaar:

solium0169.jpg

Valefar is a VERY good legion commander.

DING DING, TURN 22

Lots of funny stuff:

solium0170.jpg

solium0171.jpg

solium0172.jpg

Well, what do we have here. First, we have Root suiciding another praetor

Root said:

Jaedar said:
Turn 22

Root has been destroyed, and I got a fuckton of prestige. I wish I had high enough rank to actually make some praetor combats happen on my terms...

Gonna try to bully hero, hopefully he'll be so full of himself he'll accept.

Let's inspect this duel

duel2.jpg

Root derped a bit again, and Abraxas got p. much slaughtered in 4 moves.

1. Abraxas uses infernal burst, taking down only 2 of Zuul's hp. Zuul conducts a 4 skulls/4 shields guarded attack, that gets further boosted by 2 luck. The attack inflicts 6 damage on Abraxas, and the shields are lost, useless against the infernal burst.

2. Abraxas delivers a melee attack of 5 skulls and boosted by 3 luck, for a total of 8 damage, a vicious blow! Zuul, however, takes only 5 damage total, as 2 damage is blocked by the guarded attack and another 1 by the luck. Meanwhile, Zuul's pitiful blow of 2 skulls is blocked entirely by Abraxas's luck.

3. Here both praetors use their last remaining attack skulls. Abraxas hits for 2 damage, but all of it is nullified by Zuul's 2 remaining shields. Abraxas, however, uses none, and the pitiful 2 damage attack of Zuul's is applied in full force.

4. Last move, Abraxas tries a desperate melee block of 5 shields, but Zuul charges an infernal burst, taking down Abraxas's last point of hp.

Bottom line: Root cannot into guarded attacks :M

More stuff:

Herostratus said:
Turn 22:

Cheddar sent torment at me, which is annoying. IT removed the one wickedness I raised. Oh well. Root's abraxas died to Cheddars Zuul.

Leper king lance was bought, and replaced by the much superior Infernal Engine. I will buy that one, overbidding with 2 souls. With that + malacoda no one can challenge me. Root is saying he can be someones blood vassal, which would stop him from stealing from me, tho I dunno if I can defend him from deso.

Oh, and for some reason (mostly keeping out of fighting) I have become #1 prestige. If I continue playing defensively (lame, I know) my victory is assured. I am toying with the idea of offensive actions but alas; I will have wickedness 4 first.

And more on the Deso-Roxor vendetta

Roxorowski said:
22. Wow. I can't believe this shit.

First, the ritual, obviously, didn't work. In another case, I would have raged because that would drastically hamper my plans.

HOWEVER, Deso, in his infinite kindness, was dumb enough to neither put his legion close to the pop, nor assign a praetor to it. He actually put a combat card on his personal guard, which is like on the other side of the map, wtf. Free prestige, here I come.

Now to start amassing tributes and get int 4. Only thing that worries me is that I've shown my deceit ritual now, tho. Let's hope deso will again be dumb enough to not speak about it publically ^_^

Herpo's dangerously close to my border. He might be planning something. I think he'll try to get to the mouth of abaddon through my turf.

solium0173.jpg

Here's the combat card on Deso's bodyguards. Combat cards are pretty tricky, they are technically not rituals, very hard to take away from a legion, and hidden from everyone unless they have the appropriate Int ritual to inspect them.

solium0174.jpg

This is herostratus's plotting legion

solium0175.jpg

And this is me marching the Burning Legion against the Theatre of Sloth.

solium0176.jpg

First phase to ensure my pre-regently first move.

solium0177.jpg

New stuff on the bazaar

solium0178.jpg

INFERNAL MONSTER TRUCK

mapa3.jpg

And the current political map of Turn 22.

and obligatory

Alex said:
Turn 22:
I only got one soul. Until I got 12, I won't be able to upgrade my intellect
again. Still, with a little bit of luck, I should have that in 2 turns.

DING DING, TURN 23

Where lots of stuff goes on again

solium0179.jpg

solium0180.jpg

Rawx said:
23. Oh fuck, oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck. I thought the FUCKING VENDETTA WOULD HAVE FUCKING ENDED THE MOMENT I CAPPED THE POP. TURNS OUT HE FUCKING TOOK IT AWAY FROM ME IN THE SAME FUCKING TURN HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Very well, deso. You win this time, motherfucker. Fuck, if the combat deception worked last turn, I could recap it again. Goddammit.

At least I got a really cool event. I can turn any adjacent hex into my own. This will FINALLY allow me to cap the motherfucking mouth of abaddon. Gotta move legions. Feeling like doing something risky and taking the canton right next to deso's legion... but that will make me lose the burning boys if he moves there. They ARE kinda trash, though, but I can't risk losing Vassago like that. And I wouldn't gain much from it anyway.

There goes the vendetta prestige... ;_;

Yeah, so this is where SI's oblique game mechanics kinda fucked me in the arse.

solium0182.jpg

First, I seized the theatre, without any problems, just as I calculated.

solium0183.jpg

But in the same damned turn, Deso managed to recapture it. I was 100% sure he wouldn't be able, as the vendetta would end with me capturing the pop.

solium0184.jpg

I had to gtfo my legion asap. I had no chances against either the pop, supported by the order of skull, or the legion itself, as Raum was assigned to it and gave it massive stat boost. Wanted to grab the canton to the right of deso's legion as a final troll to fuck with his logistics a bit, but in the end decided it was too risky.

solium0181.jpg

Also, I got this neat event this turn.

Meanwhile, at the bazaar

solium0185.jpg

Herostratus said:
Turn 23:

Someone (p sure it's jaedar) sent 2 curses of diabolism at me. This allows me to gauge his charisma however.

I won the auction for hellfire engine, but it was replaced by the superior (for me) ballista. Luckily I have superior ranged to everyone but deso, and he is busy with roxor. So no one can use the sulphurous wounds against me.

Cheddar is demanding from me. I will indulge, then demand 3 back next turn. I think that I will exterminate the cheddar.

And some other stuff

Arex said:
Turn 23:
Only 3 more souls until I get the extra slot and prophecy 4. With that, I can
start collecting the rites and machines to lower the other's attributes, as well
as buying all cool stuff from the Bazar.

Cheeser said:
Turn 23
We're coming up on a decision of what my gameplan is gonna be.

I can either do the original plan, go for cunning and ritual masking to exile anyone with more prestige than me. Or go intellect and try to actually gain prestige. Not sure which is the better option.

ZING, TURN 24

where the dust settles

solium0186.jpg

Rox said:
24. Moving legions, getting tributes. Oh hey, that hellfire ballista on the bazaar will look great on my personal guard.

solium0187.jpg

Alex said:
Turn 24:
Finally managed to increase myintellect. Next turn I will have 3 order slots.
I want to increase wickedness next, so I can steal from the others.

Cheddar gonna cheddar said:
Turn 24

Time to construct the machine of agony huehueuheuheu

New bazaar stuff:

solium0188.jpg

And final standing for this turn:

solium0189.jpg

Last edited:
Gonna try to bully hero, hopefully he'll be so full of himself he'll accept.​
:hmmm:

I was your military superior by a mile, were within a days march of your PoP and you decide to start unfirendliness? I even announced a wish for closer cooperation at turn 10...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom