Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Icewind Dale in TToEE Engine Total Conversion - Prologue Demo Released

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Started playing this a bit, a couple of questions:

1) Aren't you supposed to start the game with nothing but a bit of gold and some quarter staves or something along those lines? All the cosmetic clothing items and such is fine, but getting armor and weapons and stuff for free seems out of line with original IWD as I remember it.

2) I probably missed where you do this, but I could only start the game with 5 characters, and I looked through some of your posts to find out how to get the sixth.

Allyx

Savant
Started playing this a bit, a couple of questions:

1) Aren't you supposed to start the game with nothing but a bit of gold and some quarter staves or something along those lines? All the cosmetic clothing items and such is fine, but getting armor and weapons and stuff for free seems out of line with original IWD as I remember it.

2) I probably missed where you do this, but I could only start the game with 5 characters, and I looked through some of your posts to find out how to get the sixth.
The shop map starts the characters off with basic clothing and generates random starting gold based on the 3.5 Ed D&D rules as stated in the Players Handbook (or www.d20SRD.org) the equipment from the shop map is not free, you are welcome to buy staves from the shop map then go to Pomab's emporium for your equipment if you would rather.

There is an option to alter the number of PC's in TFE-X, it is set to 6 by default, but the 6th slot only shows up in the UI if Temple + is used as well. Without Temple + you can still add 6 players, the last character's portrait will appear when you click Start Adventure and arrive at the shop map.

iqzulk

Augur
I am very sorry for being so late to the party, but I also have a contender, I think.

The Dale of Ice-Cold Wind: A Classic Forgotten Realms Adventure

;)

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
ICo8wind Dale for the name.

Does Icewind Dale's prologue contain combats ? I'm ready to install the whole thing just to have a taste. After all I just started a new Divinity OS and endure its laborious writing and unimaginative story just to scratch that Turn Based itch.

Last edited:

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
I did it, I installed it. Started the prologue. Pardon my ignorance but are what I see the original graphisms from Iwewind Dale, or is it modified by the TOEE engine ?

Allyx

Savant
The maps (apart from the shopmap and for the time being the random encounter maps) are Icewind Dale maps, the 3d elements are from ToEE. The engine is ToEE's engine.

Mustawd

Seeing some weird font bug. Red box emphasis mine.

HEGoWx9.png

BSFtp8f.png

Neanderthal

Arcane
Title suggestion: Upon the frozen plains of Icewind Dale Allyx told the Codex that there cannot be real time with pause, in the wake of his words came incline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom