Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ICY: Frostbite Edition

I see 2 styles of character images in your artworks. After backing for character portrait tier, can I go for that less blurry one?

Congratulations for achieving the funding, alongside with the first stretch goal! You actually can break the 10 k line!

Brutan

Savant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Form the Indiegogo:

"Let's now take a closer look at those awesome stretch goals. First of all, we need to express a simple concept: unless this Indiegogo campaign goes over 50'000 dollars (and that scenario it's not likely to happen) we won't put Icy's development at risk, promising you incredible new features that we couldn't be able to deliver."

Are you kidding me? The stretch goals are great, exactly why I wanted (up to 5000 included). The 7'500 goal sounds good to but I know little too little about the game to figure out how that would work/add to the experience.

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised about the recent spike in funding, did you get posted on a site or something? Whatever it was, I'm glad it happened.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
I see 2 styles of character images in your artworks. After backing for character portrait tier, can I go for that less blurry one?
Don't worry, the blurry ones are also the old ones, we're going to replace all of them in the final version, especially now that we're having such a good campaign.

Form the Indiegogo:

"Let's now take a closer look at those awesome stretch goals. First of all, we need to express a simple concept: unless this Indiegogo campaign goes over 50'000 dollars (and that scenario it's not likely to happen) we won't put Icy's development at risk, promising you incredible new features that we couldn't be able to deliver."

Are you kidding me? The stretch goals are great, exactly why I wanted (up to 5000 included). The 7'500 goal sounds good to but I know little too little about the game to figure out how that would work/add to the experience.
it was just to clarify that we won't risk all the development to promise things that will dramatically affect the current game design. We will use the additional money to improve Icy's narrative, adding more dialogues and choices, and to improve every lacking feature in the gameplay. For example, right now, we're considering to rework a little some UI elements.

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised about the recent spike in funding, did you get posted on a site or something? Whatever it was, I'm glad it happened.
We don't know either, but at this point we can aim for a campaign beyond any expectations, that will allow us to deeply improve the game, not only to polish it.

Brutan

Savant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Maybe you should add another reward tier between 100$ and 250$. Those sold out really fast and it means there's a lot of demand there. Be careful through, adding new tiers is always tricky because supporters might be upset if they perceive you're devaluing their current tiers. I understand there's a limit to how many NPC portraits you can draw so you might need to think of something else like letting them write an event(with obvious restrictions), name a geographic location/ settlement/building/crafted item or write the description of a NPC etc

daveyd

Savant
Let the girl talk and dance in your videos, and you will raise more money. And for stretch goals she will put some of her clothes off. (oh no i have revealed myself as a sexistic swine or as someone who loves the beauty of women body)

I wouldn't put something like that past Dreammatrix in their "Waves of Darkness" Kickstarter. I haven't actually played Legends of Dawn, but if everything I've heard is true, the only legitimate reason to back WoD would be to see more of the beautiful female developer. Inner Void on the other hand actually appears to have talented team members, and are apparently able to work with a very small budget, so they do not need to stoop so low... Unfortunately for us perverts. :(

Icy seems to be doing very well for an Indiegogo. About to hit their $5K funding goal with over 3 weeks to go. $10K seems very doable.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
We're considering a couple of new stretch goals:
15'000: a video of Ariel removing her bra.
25'000: a video of Ariel removing her panties.

That should move some money.

Darkzone

Arcane
We're considering a couple of new stretch goals:
15'000: a video of Ariel removing her bra.
25'000: a video of Ariel removing her panties.

That should move some money.
10k the cap, 15k the gloves, 20k the sweater, 25k the shoes, 30k the pants, 35k the socks, 40k the t-shirt, 45k the bra and 50k the panties. And do not forget the dancing. I know you italians. You are also little perverts, look at this renessance pervert, this is made for fapping:
1280px-Sandro_Botticelli_-_La_nascita_di_Venere_-_Google_Art_Project_-_edited.jpg

I hope you do not take me to serious.

Mortmal

Arcane
Just saw the link in serpent in the staglands newsletter : https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/icy-a-post-apocalyptic-rpg
Hope you guys make post apocalyptic as dark gritty and politically uncorrect as neo scavenger or fallout or maybe even worse :) . After all you are indie and allowed to do everything you want now . I already said i like the writing in zaharia, and really sad it was not funded. So i trust you on this and i will support and pledge too. Wishing you guys the best of luck.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Seems that the game has been greenlit on steam. Congratulations!
Just made an update about it! And yes, there's finally a gameplay video. And yes, there is my horrible voice talking over it. And yes, feel free to make fun of me.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/icy-a-post-apocalyptic-rpg/x/1627779#activity

And yes, what happens on the screen is often unrelated to what I say, but I think you prefer seeing your money invested in the game rather than in hiring a guy to help us with this stuff.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
To be fair, the Codex is really unusually tolerant of impenetrable european accents.

Mustawd

Man...I'm actualy really excited about this. Will back as soon as my cashflow improves.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
To be fair, the Codex is really unusually tolerant of impenetrable european accents.
Because the Codex cares much more about the actual content/game than about accents or graphix (normally)

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Update with a playable demo

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/icy-a-post-apocalyptic-rpg#activity

Icy's alpha build is out!

Instead of annoying all you lovely backers with a hundred updates that no one would have read, we decided to prepare a little surprise: an alpha demo featuring 30-60 minutes of gameplay.

But beware, we talking about an alpha version and your journey may lead you to discover unknown bugs. And, right now, the game UI works properly only with 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions, so you may want to run it windowed if you don't have a screen with such ratios.

You can download this demo from the following mirrors. Right now, only PC version is available.

Mirror 1 - Mirror 2

And now a list of everything that will get fixed before the final release:

- Scavenging and hunting events will be expanded and the more risk you will take while doing such things, the more likely you will have to face some special events related to the dangers of going around scavenging or hunting. In those events, just like in any other event, the player will be able to choose what to do to avoid troubles.

- We will work to improve Icy's UI, making it more dynamic and appealing.

- We will add some animations and special effects to make the game less static.

- The player will be able to directly speak to each companion, accessing to personal dialogues that will affect the relationship with he/she.

- Everything will be balanced and there will be different difficulty levels to let everyone play Icy as they want to do.

- The combat system will be improved, making it more appealing both in the mechanics and in its graphics. We will also improve its variety, adding more events.

- We will obviously fix as much bugs as possible, to offer a polished and smooth experience.

In addition to that, Icy's Indiegogo campaign will continue even after its deadline, allowing more people to back the project. This will allow us to gather more funds to further improve Icy.
Thanks to this bug-filled alpha release, you all will be able to give us some direct feedbacks that will help us to develop a better game.

OwNathan you really picked a terrible day for rpg fans to try out your demo.

Brutan

Savant
Patron
Very nice build. The story is good, the choices seem believable. I'm impressed so far. I was hoping for something this good but wasn't really expecting it. The portraits and map are good, too.

Now you can't please people some people 100%, so I'll tell you what I (also) wanted to see :

I made an intimidating character and spent most of my points there so I was hoping to get to use the skill more and (not necessary linked to the skill) have more "evil" options (as in aggressive towards you party members, enforcing discipline and,why not, merciless against your enemies or neutrals).

Also, in the party screen I'd like to see a short description for each party member. I'm a bit slow on remembering who was who just from a short description in the dialogue section and when all hell breaks loose, I'm like "Wait a minute, who was kidnapped/killed exactly?"

Long story short: Good immersion, nice portraits and map, improve the UI and it's going to be a great game.

PS: I'm glad you left the Indiegogo campaign open. Will future funds count towards the stretch goals?

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
OwNathan you really picked a terrible day for rpg fans to try out your demo.
Don't tell me, while I was waiting for the build to get uploaded, I died like ten times in that fucking Eothasian temple.

Meh, I suck. I badly suck.

Very nice build. The story is good, the choices seem believable. I'm impressed so far. I was hoping for something this good but wasn't really expecting it. The portraits and map are good, too.

Now you can't please people some people 100%, so I'll tell you what I (also) wanted to see :

I made an intimidating character and spent most of my points there so I was hoping to get to use the skill more and (not necessary linked to the skill) have more "evil" options (as in aggressive towards you party members, enforcing discipline and,why not, merciless against your enemies or neutrals).

Also, in the party screen I'd like to see a short description for each party member. I'm a bit slow on remembering who was who just from a short description in the dialogue section and when all hell breaks loose, I'm like "Wait a minute, who was kidnapped/killed exactly?"

Long story short: Good immersion, nice portraits and map, improve the UI and it's going to be a great game.

PS: I'm glad you left the Indiegogo campaign open. Will future funds count towards the stretch goals?
Thanks for the feedback, the party description it's actually a good advice and we'll try to see if we will be able to place it somewhere around in the game. It would be ideal to place it in the dialogues, but it could lead to various spoilers, since we can't change a character description during the game, at least not so easily.

Also the intimidanting part is a good feedback, but more related options are arleady available once the plot unfold itself. We'll try to improve the beginning of the game to give to the player such options too, sadly I'm a quite decent person in the real life and I tend to forget about such courses of action.

EDIT: and yes, we'll use those funds to improve Icy without delaying too much the release date. Right now we still plan to release it in June, but with some more funds we could delay it a month to improve it in different aspects. For example, even if it's not written in any stretch goal, I could use that month to further improve dialogues, choices and interpretative freedom.

So they're sticking with the name Icy?
Yeah, sadly. Marketing reasons, we can't change the product name without becoming again completely unknown. But next time we'll pick a better name, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Right now we still plan to release it in June, but with some more funds we could delay it a month to improve it in different aspects. For example, even if it's not written in any stretch goal, I could use that month to further improve dialogues, choices and interpretative freedom.

Haven't played this alpha yet, but fucking do it!

Also Congratulations on achieving this nice amount of funding. You have done it without any big press/recommendations from other devs and by simultaneously having the final surge taken away from you by PoE. Nicely done! Be honest now, with your codex brethren, how much were you expecting to get before pressing the red button?:P

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Be honest now, with your codex brethren, how much were you expecting to get before pressing the red button?:P
If you mean releasing it, we will be able to release Icy in June unless more funds come in. In that case we may evaluate some further improvements, but the release won't be delayed for months.

I mean improving C&C and dialogues :) I am one of the least enthusiastic people on the internet about rushing out games:P Any improvement that can be added before funds dry up should be implemented. If I find some time, I will play the alpha and create some feedback.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
I mean improving C&C and dialogues :) I am one of the least enthusiastic people on the internet about rushing out games:P Any improvement that can be added before funds dry up should be implemented. If I find some time, I will play the alpha and create some feedback.
We will take as much time as possible to improve Icy, but here the honest part: we need to pay people, so we can't spend as much time as we want on improving Icy. With Indiegogo's funds we'll be able to do a lot of improvements and, according to our future plans or to the next weeks of Indiegogo, we may be also able to spend more time on such things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom