Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ICY: Frostbite Edition

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
We're still trying to upload them, sadly it's literally raining ice cubes here, the internet is not stable. Never seen such a hailstorm in my life.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
We're still trying to upload them, sadly it's literally raining ice cubes here, the internet is not stable. Never seen such a hailstorm in my life.
Sounds like you're experiencing some real Icy weather.
:yeah:

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375400/

I THINK there are typos in System Requirements section.

Memory: 2 MB RAM

Hard Drive: 2 MB available space
You didn't read the whole thing. As you can easily see, the recommended os is an Apple's OSX.something.

And everyone knows Apple's computers are way better for everything, especially gaming, since they're built to outshone any Windows based PC.

Yeah, we really need to ask the publisher to correct those requirements.

Sounds like you're experiencing some real Icy weather.
:yeah:
We were experiencing a nearly desertic heat, so it must've been some pagan Gods rejoicing because ICY is on Steam. Now temperatures dropped and I won't sleep in a puddle of my own sweat. That's nice. Thank you pagan gods.

Brutan

Savant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, did upload the beta? It would be great if we get the chance to play it this weekend.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
We sent the mail in which any 20+ backer will find a couple links to download the PC or Mac beta. If you didn't receive it, check your spam folder before complaining, but if the mail is actually missing feel free to complain and insult me.

The beta should be stable, we tested it on different machines, removed all major bugs and most secondary bugs. If something strange happens you can directly report it here, with the aid of a nice screenshot if possible or necessary.

Rance

Novice
I played with the beta a little bit, not sure if reached the end as I couldn't find the hunter I was supposed to find from the forest.

I think it has a good core, though a little bit too much repetition. Every event follows the same pattern, there desperately needs to be more random elements to break the monotony.

Writing also needs fine tuning, there are more words in the swearword dictionary than "fuck" after all. The black guy with "they are racists" line is really getting on my nerves. He could at least say "because I am black" instead of "he is racist!" once in a while.

Also very disappointed that nowhere in the game did I get the option for sexytime, despite being alone with vulnerable chicks. My stock of imperial juice is overflowing.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
I played with the beta a little bit, not sure if reached the end as I couldn't find the hunter I was supposed to find from the forest.
Was the target missing on the map?

I think it has a good core, though a little bit too much repetition. Every event follows the same pattern, there desperately needs to be more random elements to break the monotony.

Writing also needs fine tuning, there are more words in the swearword dictionary than "fuck" after all. The black guy with "they are racists" line is really getting on my nerves. He could at least say "because I am black" instead of "he is racist!" once in a while.
The writing will be probably changed a little. In my defense, in Italy we really use the italian counterpart of "fuck" a lot, everywhere, for any reason, to express a wide variety of feelings.
The first thing is sadly fault of our small budget, with more time and money we could've done much more, but it was hard to do more images or improve the gameplay with what we had. We already planned some improvements and the final version will feature more variety, but don't expect massive changes, at least for now (we'd like to support the game after the release).

Also very disappointed that nowhere in the game did I get the option for sexytime, despite being alone with vulnerable chicks. My stock of imperial juice is overflowing.
But...but what will the Sarkeesian say about it? Tits are so sexist...

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
0:15 "I finally got the copy of the game today, which is Thursday."
:lol:

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
I'll probably try this if the price is right. At this moment Steam doesnt show a price while release is set for tomorrow?
hmm

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer

A nice video!

About the grammar, we keep editing the texts, so with each passing day more and more typos are going to be fixed.

I'll probably try this if the price is right. At this moment Steam doesnt show a price while release is set for tomorrow?
hmm
I think it will be something around 10 dollars, maybe 9,70, for the first week, then the discount will end and the game will be available at its standard price: $12,99

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Ok, that is very reasonable i guess. Count me in.
Consider this: the game should last from 5 to 10 hours, according to your reading speed and how much time you spend on secondary quests or activities like hunting and scavenging. There is some replay value, especially in the last third of the game in which we put a shitload of different paths to reaching different endings of any kind, but if we manage to sell decently we're going to support the game and release a lot of new contents, so maybe waiting some time for another run is the best thing to do.

I'm not gonna lie and drop silly buzzwords: there's a lot to read and the game is dialogue heavy, but unlike a lot of visual novels the player can always choose what to say and this often affects the plot. They told us the writing is good, so anyone looking for a peculiar survival experience, in which the focus is not gathering resources but living a story, should enjoy the game.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
We ordered them, willing to send them out today, but Steam seems to be completely fucked up and this seems to be a real issue. As soon as they manage to fix whatever is happening, we'll start dispatching the keys and, for the people who want a DRM-free version of the game, we'll send them a download link. If Steam will keep being deceased, we'll start sending out the DRM-free build and then dispatch the keys. Right now we can't even release the game, I think.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
We sent out most keys and are uploading the DRMfree version of the game. Our internet is shitty so it could take a while, but it will be available in less than 12 hours.

Mortmal

Arcane
Just got my backer key ,it's really good so far, comparable to neo scavenger , but thats not a surprise to anyone who tried the demo. it seems theres really a lot more locations now .

Mortmal

Arcane
Just finished it ! 3 hours only to complete it,a bit short, but that's like a good improved CYOA book and pretty much the same price.
However I found some bug at ending:
Its impossible to side with boris, the fight doesn't start and the next events doesn't trigger, while it worked siding with the mercenaries

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Playing it just now. Seems to be what the indiegogo promised so far. The writing makes me cringe a lot though.

Also found a bug while trading. First I selected all the items I wanted to trade, then when I added some fuel the price reset to one and I was able to get all the items I wanted for a single ammo.

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
Playing it just now. Seems to be what the indiegogo promised so far. The writing makes me cringe a lot though.

Also found a bug while trading. First I selected all the items I wanted to trade, then when I added some fuel the price reset to one and I was able to get all the items I wanted for a single ammo.
It's not the first time we get some criticism about dialogues, I'd like to hear more about that.

This is what happened: I wrote everything (I'm italian and probably half retard, this may be the first issue), two natives (americans, to be precise) edited the text and then we have what managed to get into the game.

I'd like to know more about what went wrong, what you found bad or not so good. I already received some feedbacks and it seems the writing improves across the game, getting better after the beginning. That makes sense, since my english was way worse when I started to write the script. I don't precisely know how the writing was affected by the editing, but having more details and discussing about this could help us and we may be able to improve the overall writing with future updates.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I only had time to play for about an hour and I am not a native speaker either, but the writing feels rather clunky, almost like it was translated from another language. None of the characters I've met so far seem to have much nuance to them either.

The cringiest moments for me were probably the already mentioned scenes with Mobolaji, which felt completely ham-fisted, and when Jerome talks about your captors("Awesome gear! Super soldiers!").

OwNathan

Innervoid Interactive
Developer
I only had time to play for about an hour and I am not a native speaker either, but the writing feels rather clunky, almost like it was translated from another language. None of the characters I've met so far seem to have much nuance to them either.

The cringiest moments for me were probably the already mentioned scenes with Mobolaji, which felt completely ham-fisted, and when Jerome talks about your captors("Awesome gear! Super soldiers!").
I had different reports, but all of them pointed out the bad writing in the first parts of the game, but an improvement while progressing through the plot. Some said the level was sometimes bad, but sometimes good, and that gives me hope. I trained a lot to improve my english, I started to read in english and I fell more confident now, I'd really like to keep writing but to do that I clearly need to know what went wrong in ICY.

Since it doesn't take a lot to rewrite some parts of the game to make them better, with some feedbacks I think ICY could be dramatically improved.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom