Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Idea: Sales ticker

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ticker should scroll with the page. No escape.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Why the black background for the ticker? Something like this would look better and with the theme:

iUPRxSH1SasP6.png

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Why the black background for the ticker? Something like this would look better and with the theme:

iUPRxSH1SasP6.png
That's exactly how I described it.

Thank you for translating my idea into a picture. I'm sure DarkUnderlord appreciates it. The fucking mongoloid illiterate assdick...

A user named cat

So what is next? A music widget that automatically plays at the bottom? A Twitter feed panel? This is like what Google does to Youtube. Just can't leave well enough alone.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
So what is next? A music widget that automatically plays at the bottom? A Twitter feed panel? This is like what Google does to Youtube. Just can't leave well enough alone.
I'm amazed the Codex still doesn't have a twitter panel THAT IS VISIBLE TO COMMON FOLK AND HORSES. WE CAN'T ALL BE FUCKING NATIVE AMERICANS CHANNELING OUR HAWK VISION TOTEM BULLSHIT MAGIC LIKE EVDK.

We need that and all of the things you listed and more. Where are the flash games? I want to be able to play blackjack and Snake.

edited with regards to evdk's great discovery.

Monty

Arcane
Voice acting. The site needs more voice acting.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
More? Are you kidding me, it needs LESS voice acting. I'm so sick and tired of hearing DU or whoever the fuck it is read every post out loud to me.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
More? Are you kidding me, it needs LESS voice acting. I'm so sick and tired of hearing DU or whoever the fuck it is read every post out loud to me.
Install the Prozac extension.

Syl

Cipher
That does nothing vs. the new ticker. Neither does blocking ##div.PanelScroller.
Element Hiding Helper addon for Adblock.
For Opera though? I could find only this but it's 5 years old...
It's done with with user css.

Create a text file named rpgcodex.css, type this inside:
Code:
div#c-carousel {display:none !important;}
Right-click somewhere (background for exemple) on any page of www.rpgcodex.net -> Edit Site Preferences
On the fourth tab (Display) -> My Style

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
The search box is hiding a portion of the ticker. Perhaps change the area of the ticker to where it doesn't start at the extreme right of the screen? Or lowering the ticker could work if it isn't a pain in the ass to do so...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom