Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity If you liked POE1 you have shit taste in games. (my review)

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
What competitive multiplayer games do you play?

I played all the main once sc, dota, cs, quake etc... played ow a bunch on release then there was nothing to play for a while and now I play quake champions.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Brood war? Dota 1?

Yea I mean I wasn't any good at it but I did play brood war and watch day nine. Dota 2. I played vanilla wc3 back when dota 1 was popular.

Man I really hope they make remastered wc3. That game will always have a special place in my heart.

Last edited:

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Careful boys, dont get him enraged, because hes a competitive multiplayer gamer! He can totally kick your ass in Fortnite and will crack witty jokes to his twitch audience while doing so!

??? what the fuck are you on about.

Matticus

Educated
I got bad news: if you played PoE at all then you have shit taste in games.

I did play both PoEs and there was a lot I disliked about them but I have been struggling to find modern games I'm interested in. Honest question, what game should I play?

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
I did play both PoEs and there was a lot I disliked about them but I have been struggling to find modern games I'm interested in. Honest question, what game should I play?
same tbh. I am playing original divine divinity right now. Its a charming game and hits that diablo 1 nostalgia mixed with crpg adventure.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There seems to be an influx of people that joined since Autumn/Winter 2017 who copy writing style, demeanor and craving for recognition from old Dexers, just without the charm or occasional knowledge.
At first I thought they were alts to troll the RPG subforum, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Still better then all the new Obsidiantards whose favorite pastime is to see who can suck Sawyers cock more.

Unwanted

Bladeract

It's Neckbeard Shitlord. Again.
Dumbfuck

Gold Box series, temple of elemental evil, knights of the chalice. Many good older RPGs to play, nothing much new.

Matticus

Educated
Gold Box series, temple of elemental evil, knights of the chalice. Many good older RPGs to play, nothing much new.

I played ToEE a long time ago but it was horribly buggy. Should I play with the the circle of 8 modpack?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

It's like installing mods for witcher 3 to make combat less braindead - it doesn't fucking work.
5SmVeXH.png

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2521/

a cut of domestic sheep prime

4. So I get to this Alpine dragon in the WM, and the thing is nigh unkillable no matter how strong my barb/fighter/pally are. Googled a bit for suggestions and lo and behold! Most effective strategy to defeat said dragon is to charm him. Charm a fucking dragon, a centuries old legendary creature with a lvl 3 spell. and then petrify it. Cause obviously dragons, fabled for their wisdom and guile, are susceptible not to legendary weapons and offensive magicks, but trash level domination spells.
how embarrassing. I really hope that's a bug and not actual design, but that may be expecting too much from obsidian.

I remember in ToEE there was a bug that let me dismiss Iuz with the dismiss spell. Led to an 11th hour victory where the only survivor of my party was a pink haired tiny halfling who dismissed the avatar of a deity because it was one of the few spells she had left. Awesome moment that *almost* made sense, but it got patched later.

vazha

Arcane
how embarrassing. I really hope that's a bug and not actual design, but that may be expecting too much from obsidian.

I remember in ToEE there was a bug that let me dismiss Iuz with the dismiss spell. Led to an 11th hour victory where the only survivor of my party was a pink haired tiny halfling who dismissed the avatar of a deity because it was one of the few spells she had left. Awesome moment that *almost* made sense, but it got patched later.
It's not a bug, it's an actual system design. Although the contrarian gentleman above thinks there's nothing wrong with that approach. To each his own, I guess.

Theldaran

Liturgist
Nah, POE1 is just mediocre.

The worst thing is that it only gets worse as you progress.

Dux

Arcane
One positive thing with this game is that you can create additional characters to fill out your party, leaving those delightful Obsidian NPCs by the wayside.

It's something.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
SkiNNyBane , you are definetly going to like my mod for Deadfire, when I get around to releasing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom