Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Ignoring/Not Ignoring hiver

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
So before all the hullabaloo with the ignore list I was only ignoring hiver since he made the Game of Thrones thread a diarrhea puddle. But I haven't bothered re-ignoring him because I don't actually care that much. Until I realized I can't see the AoD bug report thread which I'd like to not only help out with, but check in on for progress and cross-reference sake. I can't see this thread because apparently hiver started it and for some reason my old ignore is still in place even though, as I've said, I haven't re-ignored nor is he in my ignore-list.

tl:dr
Is there any way you can make it so my ignore list (at zero) reflects what is actually ignored (nothing)?

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
To ignore hiver or not to ignore him, that is the question.
Whether this Retarder in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Disability,
Or to take Arms against the Common Sense,
And by posting end it: to read, to weep

No more; and by a click, to say we end
The Heart-ache, and the thousand Natural shocks
That Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To read, to skip,
To skip, perchance to joy;

Aye, there's the rub, For in that skip over posts,
what posts may come,
When he has shuffled off his crybaby coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes Calamity of so many posts.

A user named cat

I wish Hiver could just be banned from the Thrones topic especially when the show comes back, he's fine everywhere else and can be amusing.

Johannes

Arcane
Hivers commentary will probably be the only good thing about next GoT season too. Banning him from the thread of that would be retarded.

Saduj

Arcane
If I click on your ignore list, it says you're ignoring him.

If the ignore list is accurate when other users look at it, maybe some nice mod can de-ignore him for you.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
So before all the hullabaloo with the ignore list I was only ignoring hiver since he made the Game of Thrones thread a diarrhea puddle. But I haven't bothered re-ignoring him because I don't actually care that much. Until I realized I can't see the AoD bug report thread which I'd like to not only help out with, but check in on for progress and cross-reference sake. I can't see this thread because apparently hiver started it and for some reason my old ignore is still in place even though, as I've said, I haven't re-ignored nor is he in my ignore-list.

tl:dr
Is there any way you can make it so my ignore list (at zero) reflects what is actually ignored (nothing)?
Just get a link to the tread from someone or log out and get the link and watch the thread? Watching the thread will send you alerts even if it was started by an ignored member.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
What happened when you clicked that ignore link?

I ignored him. Then his page gave a "this member limits who can view their profile" message.

If I click on your ignore list, it says you're ignoring him.

Yes, because I followed Clockwork's link, but don't know how to unignore him. Sorry, he's the only dude I've ever ignored so I don't have much experience un-ignoring people.

Just get a link to the tread from someone or log out and get the link and watch the thread? Watching the thread will send you alerts even if it was started by an ignored member.

Ah. This is honestly a much better alternative than un-ignoring hiver. Thank you.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
As another person with no experience whatsoever with ignoring people in XenForo, I ran an experiment where I ignored TwinkieGorilla, and then timed my search for a means of unignoring him. Clocked 10 seconds.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
As another person with no experience whatsoever with ignoring people in XenForo, I ran an experiment where I ignored TwinkieGorilla, and then timed my search for a means of unignoring him. Clocked 10 seconds.

Oh boy! I bow down in the presence of this amazing genius! See, I spent about 5 seconds not finding it and stopped bothering. If only I had your willpower.

Lhynn

Arcane

Oh boy! I bow down in the presence of this amazing genius! See, I spent about 5 seconds not finding it and stopped bothering. If only I had your willpower.
:patriot:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Yep, that's me! Well, aside from the soda, hat, glasses, flag t-shirt, fat, jean-shorts, watch, cigar, white socks and sneakers.

Lhynn

Arcane
Yep, that's me! Well, aside from the soda, hat, glasses, flag t-shirt, fat, jean-shorts, watch, cigar, white socks and sneakers.
So you may not look like one, but you definitely are one? that is even worse...

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
So you may not look like one, but you definitely are one? that is even worse...

1) The fuck are you even talking about, retard? I figured it out five seconds after I was done weeping in the shower over Cowboy Moment's incredibly powerful post. Five seconds. Guess that makes 10 seconds total. I'm ok. I'm going to be ok!
2) How in the ever-loving fuck would being an atypical American be worse than being a typical one? Sorry, bro.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Now I know why hiver isn't showing up on Twinkiegorilla's ignore list. He is possessing Twinkie. They have become one.

You shitslurping moran!

YOu thing this is FUNNY ... PATHETIC.

Maybe when your done likcing up turds from the toilet you'll find your brain! :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom