Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
You got to love the drama around this game, here is some sweet butthurt about russian version which costs 12$.

It all starts to make sense to me now.

The whole rigid unlock thing, the deceived founders, the absurd tight control, even up to restricting TC.

Just friggin unbelievable.... Its not the $95 that hurt. Burned that kinda money on silly things before.

It is the blatand abuse of trust and disrespect of customers from the DEVs that I find hard to give a place.

Damn, I am a grown man with real life, family and responsibilities, why be pissed by a video game?

Well I am! And I honestly find this unwanted anger hard to dismiss.

And now it might get even worse...

A cheap russian only version for 499Rubles/€9,50 With 2 flyables (LaGG/109F) and ALL the rest (minus 190/La5) unlockable via grinding?

THATS why they stick to rigidly this Gulag business model, how obvious in the end...I am afraid.

If that Curtain falls, you got me.... SHAME on you Jason, I really trusted you, warrented on the ROF legacy, even if not perfect....Maybe you too just succoombed to the 1C gentleman with the overbearing dominance...

gromania: (GT)"Note that in Russia will also be released a special" Start "edition in Jewel-package of price of 499 rubles."

http://www.igromania.ru/news/238726/Vyshla_cifrovaya_versiya_Il-2_SHturmovik_Bitva_za_Stalingrad.htm

well played :hero:

Battle of stalingrad: How i stopped worrying and love the gulag gring

Last edited:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
The joke is on 777 I am afraid. Laying the groundwork to a worthy successor to IL2, and then ruin it with absolutely retarded things ..

Luckily I did not preorder it. This was a result of the (equally lame) decision to stop selling the Basic Edition during early access.

So I won't go through the gulag. I'm still young, and I can wait. I probably couldn't run it anyway.
Perhaps next fall, when the promised SP campaign has materialized.

I see no reason yet to bury the head in the sand. The monetization model for Rise of Flight changed several times. From always online drm to freeToPlay with the option to buy planes.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Apparently this has the best flight model, so hopefully things turn around.

EDIT:

but probably not:
fc4nmg.png

Last edited:

Burning Bridges

And this Jason dude is the producer/moderator?
:lol:
No use how good you are, if you have such asshats. He probably starts snapping at you if you provoke him with a stick.
On simhq they also claimed that it can only be the arcade model, then other people came and said it happens in Expert mode too.

One thing I keep noticing in videos is that ppl are using turn and burn tactics until the enemy is in their sight.
Planes also seem to accelerate like jets during takeoff. So I would not be surprised if the flightmodels are based on a fraction of the weight that the planes should have.

Burning Bridges

What 777 is doing is a fine example of "Suicide from fear of death".
They decided to make a successor of the most successful non-arcade flight sim, and that it would be as realistic as possible.
But they are also afraid that there is no market for such a sim. So they decided that it must also be an arcade game.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The only sim worth playing currently is wings over flanders fields, the graphics might not be the best and the flight model from the past era but it got the most servicable single player campaign. the new upate 2.0 that is coming soon is bringing new graphical tweaks and more stuff.

If only this had the flight model and damage model of rise of flight it would be the best sim to this date, but alas it's running on cfs 3 engine.

2.0 shots:

full-18091-89321-122.jpg

full-18091-89326-127.jpg

full-1846-89319-woff_10_16_14_16_25_10.jpg

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
What 777 is doing is a fine example of "Suicide from fear of death".
They decided to make a successor of the most successful non-arcade flight sim, and that it would be as realistic as possible.
But they are also afraid that there is no market for such a sim. So they decided that it must also be an arcade game.
Yup, that is exactly what is happening. At the same time, they are throwing most of their pre-order customers under the bus. They also cannot seem to comprehend that MP is a massive thing for their playerbase, not SP.

Burning Bridges

It has turned into first rate drama. If you're the type of person (and I know you are) who gets pleasure from seeing other people fail (especially people with inflated egos in the first place) this is a goldmine.

"Devs suffer complete mental breakdown."
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4022170/1

IL-2 Sturmovik Metacritic Score Fiasco
http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/10/il-2-sturmovik-devs-metacritic/

Il-2 Sturmovik studio head’s bribery, unprofessional conduct exposed
http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/10/il-2-sturmovik-exec-unprofessional/#ixzz3IZ5jPm8O

emails exposed which make CEO not look too good
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4030639/2

And so on.

I think only sacking CEO, PR people and moderators, and announcing a total new start could rescue this right now. But since it won't happen the game can be considered dead as a dodo.
When people defend their decisions like that, they will still even stick to their stupid decisions. I have seen this happen before with certain garage type games that introduced always online DRM some years ago. They linger on with a few hundred people who are too ashamed to admit that they have been screwed, because people told them and they did not want to listen.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Anyone playing this ? How is it now ? I heard there are tanks now.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Seems its better now

There are 84 player servers and in the works there is a 24/7 online war where you can just jump in and jump out and the war continues without you. Just like in old il2 the old ADW wars those that remember them.

. Gonna get this now probably, also the new expansion is coming out soon.

Burning Bridges

Don't you read? The game was released half finished and the campaign is an unlock gulag.
Also they pissed of 90% of the sim community and now a live in the ivory tower of their censored forums.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Don't you read? The game was released half finished and the campaign is an unlock gulag.
Also they pissed of 90% of the sim community and now a live in the ivory tower of their censored forums.

that was like a year ago, there were some patches and stuff, new expansion is coming, things could've changed.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilt...om/topic/168-developer-diary/page-4?&p=378896 says:
Dear Pilots,

Today we announce that next week we will unlock all modifications (weapons, equipment, skins) for all planes if you own either the Standard Edition or Premium Edition of BOS or BOM. The Starter Edition, primarily sold in Russia, will not be changed. Unlocking all modifications is the first step in a new direction (or old direction depending on your point of view) for our beloved IL-2 Sturmovik series. More interesting details will follow soon after we finalize our development plan. We value our customers and we have listened closely to your wishes and dreams since the initial release of BOS. We hope to make flying Sturmovik an even more enjoyable experience for you in the coming months and years! The team is as dedicated as ever to this genre and we pray you will continue to support our efforts moving forward as you have in the past.

Yaay, it took them two years to acknowledge their stubborn dumbfuckery! I guess those sales must have been really low.
He then goes on to talk about measures against hackers, yikes... :lol:
I wonder how many years have to pass before they toss out the DRM.:roll:

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
It is what i am playing.
My only issue with the old girl, is the low performance near cities, because the game only runs on one core.

I am still amazed by this team PR skills and the time it took them to turn back on a meaningless feature so easy to remove.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom