Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I'm gonna play Oblibibbivion again

Falksi

Arcane
The Witcher 2 is my personal favourite game ever. The Witcher 3 didn't compare in the slightest. So yup it's subjective, and all depends on what type of experience you prefer, and how much you enjoy running through empty forests for hours on end.
TW3 may have a few better mechanics, but as an emotive experience it had 1 quest which excited/moved me. As opposed to TW2 which had many.

circ

Arcane
What branching plot? I played 2 until you get to some village and I was railroaded every step of the way. And the combat being as ass as it was I just didn't feel like continuing.

KlauZ

Educated
how every major element is better in the third game
Every gameplay element in 3 is worst in series. Oils are dumbed-down to the point of beyond retarded, combat potion chugging is annoying, itemisation is shit, character\world progression is worse than fucking vanilla oblivion, item degradation is, again, pointless and annoying. So is "muh diablo skill system" that is both stupidly limiting and absolutely pointless.

Anyway, I've made a little mod for myself to balance Oblivion Unleveled, though it should improve even vanilla a bit as well.

1. Morrowind-like stamina and slowregen magika. Now both magical and physical attacks depend more on stamina, manage it well, eat your fucking veggies
2. Overall combat is less stat-depended. Basically you and npcs are more buffed in beginning, but same in the end-game (actually more powerful with stamina buffs). High level enemies are still powerful, but managable, and low-level ones can still make some damage.
3. Increased level-range for leveled lists, so at level 40 not everyone in the world will walk in glass armor and wolves wont go extinct.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4zg5taz9retk0k9/ActionObla.esp?dl=0

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom