Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I'm very upset about Div 2's combat

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
desocupado said:
Holy crap, this game is jerky. I tought it was my shitty hardware, but running fraps, I get 30 fps constantly.
No shit? They included a 30 FPS cap in DKS and you get, like, 30 FPS? This is fucking astonishing. Maybe you should write an article about it, alternatively you could search for the ini tweak to remove the cap.

DraQ

Arcane
VentilatorOfDoom said:
desocupado said:
Holy crap, this game is jerky. I tought it was my shitty hardware, but running fraps, I get 30 fps constantly.
No shit? They included a 30 FPS cap in DKS and you get, like, 30 FPS? This is fucking astonishing. Maybe you should write an article about it, alternatively you could search for the ini tweak to remove the cap.
Patch adds a toggle.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
OMFG, but what if the game runs worse afterwards? Will we ever be able to toggle it off again? PLease email David Gaider for advice on the subject.

desocupado

Magister
I am not complayining I get 30. But capped at 30 or 60, the game should be more fluid.

I commented in a "Tought it was slow, but it's running like it should" manner.

DraQ

Arcane
desocupado said:
I am not complayining I get 30. But capped at 30 or 60, the game should be more fluid.

I commented in a "Tought it was slow, but it's running like it should" manner.
You probably have an option ticked that makes stuff like animations or shadows update only once a few frames.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
desocupado said:

You need to install a hotfix to disable the fps cap. I'm getting 80-100 FPS @ 5760x1080 (3x 1080P monitors via nVidia surround).

Before the hotfix (and the latest patch), I was locked at 30fps too.

Of course, if you didn't remove the game from any inventory - then you're probably shit outa' luck.

desocupado said:

Same here, luckily I stopped noticing it a few hours in. The jerkiness, animations and camera certainly make a rough first impression.

DraQ

Arcane
Again, jerky animations are caused by a retarded menu option you have to disable. As for frame-cap, I'm keeping mine on. It seems to help with framerate consistency, and my box isn't so awesome that turning it off would make a positive difference.

desocupado

Magister
Does ranged attacks get more balanced later in the game?

I find that I can kite most enemies, jumping back like a maniac everytime they get close, while I would be butchered in melee. They should have included a block button...

Tycn

Savant
Still overpowered in some situations, but there are enough homing arrow attacks (how I hate them) and unblockable spells to be dangerous.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO I FOCUSED ON A MAGIC BUILD AND I COULDNT MELEE A BRO TO SAVE MY LIFE UNLESS THEY WERE TOTAL PUSSIES

MAGIC MISSILE SUMMONS AND CHARM GOT ME THROUGH

I ENDED UP FINISHING THE GAME THE LAST BATTLE WAS DECENT THE ENDING WAS LIKE WHOA BRO

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom