Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Drax

Arcane
I'm using AFT and for most encounters, companions level properly and can stand their ground.
There are some fucked up random encounters (Ubermaster Vampires in the middle of the fucking road, for example) where neither me nor my companions can even get close before they fuck us up. I'm guessing I have to level up some and git gud (I'm level +/- 25). Also, fucking dragons.
For Draugr, Bandits and Breton Jihadis, they kick ass.

So long, I'm enjoying being a little bitch in Skyrim for once.

My only small complaint so far with Requiem are the perks. In TES V, perks are the main way to build your character and the ones available are few and pretty shitty.

Edit: Fuck those 30 seconds "I fell and I'm such a retard I don't remember how to stand up" moments...

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
One thing I still don't get about Requiem are followers. Have they been changed?
Of course.
Vanilla followers would get utterly raped in Requiem (doubly so without Requiem's versions of perks) - I remember trying to use UFO and one of the much earlier Requiem versions together, took Uthgerd (who got reset to vanilla stats by UFO) to White River Watch, she ran into the first room (in her plate armor) and got 1shot dead by a bandit archer before she got her other leg out of the corridor.
:hero:
I used only Requiem, companions are able to survive, at the very least.

If one wants the difficulty to last, I suggest going easy on Enchanting/Alchemy/Smithing. When you're an antimagic tank hopped on roids nothing can possibly be a match to you except giant HP sponges that punch for Ludacris damage. Maybe the one good thing about Oblivion's scaling is that even playing as the described character I would still be chased away from dungeons. Once I had to use an essential NPC as bait for a Lich gang that was chasing me after I nabbed the quest mcguffin.

"Claudius is unconscious. Claudius is unconscious. Claudius is unconscious. Claudius is unconscious."

Thanks for the not-sacrifice, brah

:troll:

-

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64067/

Immersive Horses released. No, it doesn't give mares functional vaginas, don't let the name fool you.

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
I used only Requiem, companions are able to survive, at the very least.
Because Requiem changes them.
If any mod reverts them to mostly vanilla state in the process of modifying them, they get mashed into bloody pulp.

Who comes back ten minutes later to edit a snarky one-liner? That just ruins the whole thing
I didn't reply to that post out of fear of cutting myself.

DraQ

Arcane
If one wants the difficulty to last, I suggest going easy on Enchanting/Alchemy/Smithing. When you're an antimagic tank hopped on roids nothing can possibly be a match to you except giant HP sponges that punch for Ludacris damage. Maybe the one good thing about Oblivion's scaling is that even playing as the described character I would still be chased away from dungeons.
That's only because your OB build wasn't the mirror opposite of your playstyle.

Also, I looted the broken atronach forge at Fellglow using shield scrolls and a pair of summoned ghostly trolls as distraction and damage sponge.

Once I had to use an essential NPC as bait for a Lich gang that was chasing me after I nabbed the quest mcguffin.

"Claudius is unconscious. Claudius is unconscious. Claudius is unconscious. Claudius is unconscious."

Thanks for the not-sacrifice, brah

Speaking of which Requiem should murder your followers if they are downed and you move too far away from them.

hell bovine

Arcane
So what mods to add to a fresh install?
As mentioned you'll probably want SkyUI (which requires the SKSE) and iHUD (to hide the quest compass and rely a bit more on hiking around). Beyond that are suggestions, so here's a generic list straight from my excel charters:

Interesting NPCs is a much needed initiative to add something beyond the cardboard cutouts that populate Skyrim. I haven't seen much of it so far, but people around here sing it praises.

Enhanced Character Edit is one of those that are for people who are obsessive compulsive about cosmetic sliders. Which I am.

Increased Character Height allows you to permanently change the height of the camera, which strangely doesn't already happen in Skyrim as it did in Morrowind.

Frostfall + Cloaks of Skyrim an attempt at simulating Skyrim's cold, the latter ensures that NPCs at least appear to play by the same rules.

OneTweak as I remember it, something that enables fake fullscreen without crashing the game.

RealShelter no more Rain and Snow through solid objects.

Climates of Tamriel simple lightning mod that makes the game look better, IMO.

Warburg's Paper Map looks better than the 3D Civ like maps, IMO.

Requiem + NRM Dragonborn - game overhaul that completely changes combat. The game becomes somewhat brutal for first levels and you'll have to become the Chosen One, just like in Morrowind. If you want to, say, clean Bleak Falls Barrow at an early level, you'll have to be an asshole.

Some dragon overhaul to go with Requiem, because as it is, the default lizards loose to Dragonpriests, which is a bit odd, since the latter are supposed to be the serve the former, or sth. (haven't paid attention to the lore)
DFB - Random Encounters works very well with Requiem - it creates additional spawn points in the game, but you can customize both the spawn chance and what creatures will/will not spawn.

Luzur

Good Sir
Also news from Loverslab:

I Am Requesting a Farting/fart slave mod which allows you to have a dialogue option to get farted on by a female the dialogue options would go like this:

If Player Talks to Follower: Hey do you feel like farting in my face?

Follower Response: Sure! Just Make sure You Sniff em all.

If Player Talks to Female Npc: What's That Smell?

Female Npc: Here i'll Show You!

*Does Face fart animation*

only Female npc's and followers can do this not only this but there should also be a toxicity meter. in other words, while you are being farted on a small meter comes up in whatever the creator desires and it will show up after a fart and it will show how long you have left. around 50 - 75% percent your vision would get blurry and by the 100% meter you fall unconscious. There should also be a 10-25% chance that you will be Raped (SexLab required anyways but defeat should also be necessary), robbed or turned into a fart slave which should be a quest line with about 9 quests however since mods like this aren't voice acted FuzRo Doh Should be a necessary option. However the quest line can only be triggered by a female (Not a female player, Female npc or person) also there should be special foods that make the toxicity higher than usual and make the unlucky individual pass out quicker. This should also increase the chance of being as said before robbed, raped, or turned into a fart slave (9 quest long story). The quest line it's self should work like this: After about 3 quests of having to forcefully do work for your mistress you have the chance of either leaving as you wish or staying with her (Note: Leaving her also makes you subject to having to become a fart slave multiple times by different masters however each will have randomized slave work for you to do) if you do chose to stay with her you are branded with a active effect called "Fart Fetish" simply put you cannot go a set amount of time without being farted on or inside your slave pen (which constantly smells like farts obviously). There should also be a gas mask that stores enough farts for about a day it should just be a gas mask from the trapped in rubber mod and of course a air tank that works like a cloak and it will feed you farts into there. And Where do these farts come from you might ask? Anywhere from anything! (even yourself!) Just craft or buy from your mistress the fart tube which will connect to your asshole (of course) and once you eat enough gassy foods you can stave off your fetish for quite some time.

There should also be 6 Stages to the fetish (6th stage is only achievable by completing the 10th and final quest line for your mistress) 1.Fart admirer Stats: Toxicity 105%, Medium to low need for farts, 2. Fart Sniffer Toxicity 125% Medium Need for farts, 3. Fart Lover Toxicity 150% Medium to High Need for Farts 4. Fart Fetishist Toxicity 175% High Need For Farts, 5. Fart Worshiper Toxicity 200% Unbearable Need for farts, 6 . Human Skunk Toxicity 300% No need for farts Need to fart on peoples face Unbearable. There are two endings to the fart slave quest: 1. is once you finish the final task she offers if you want to smell the stinkiest fart of all time (Which raises your toxicity meter to 500% Knocking you completely unconscious) and you become a human skunk! Human skunks work like this: Since they stink horribly at all times people comment and plug their noses then talk to you only when their nose is plugged, and you have a Ancestors Wrath similar once a day power called "Stench of the skunk" which deals damage based on your level on enemies within a certain raidius, Also since you always stink you don't need to inhale other peoples farts (Though you can come back to your mistress and ask her to do it again once every 5 days.) If you do chose to have someone fart on you (Yes they will still do it) you absorb their lesser non aromatic farts and fuel your own!, In addition you get 2 shouts "Skunk Spray" and "Fart Blast" Skunk spray When in combat makes your enemies flee those who are too close to you when you spray get knocked unconscious in which you can fart on them and make them your fart slave possibly. Skunk Spray When Not in combat makes the one you sprayed after 2 days will develop a fart fetish, find you, and serve you as your fart slave you should also have a limit of 20 slaves, Fart Blast Fires poison an enemy which cannot be resisted (including argonians) damage depends on the "farter's" Level and it lasts for 12 seconds if you hit someone, Finally You get a spell which you can use to change the smell of yourself and your farts if you are really smelly then flies buzz around you and people look at you with anger wearing clothespins over their nose this also leads to your smell turning out as a small green fog if you are in a Building for more than 30 in-game minutes or if you want to you can change your farts to smell so lovely that people will beg you to fart on them then people will do almost anything you want in persuasion (Note: if you chose to become a Human skunk you get a skunk tail outfit covering your body in light armor, Clothing, or heavy armor variant along with skunk ears and you can change their bonuses to fit your play style and be come a silent but deadly assassin using your ass as your dagger or bow and arrow) Not to mention getting multiple fart based spells you can cast from your butt. If you chose to not take the offer she will be ok with the decision and if you want to accept it at a later time then you can (if this was an option irl and with all the powers i would take the offer in a heartbeat but it's your choice) And if you accept the human skunk offer you also get a personal player home which looks like a simple essentials home on the main and top but the basement is where you can stink up with all the gas you have (Note: all gas items like the mask still work so if you want to stink yourself out that's an option and the farts trapped inside a room allows for the same thing to) and tie up all the slaves you have and subject them to your gas! If you have feedback or a willingness to make this mod then don't hesitate to let me know.

Possible Mod Requirments

Zaz Animation Pack

SexLab

FNIS

SKSE

Fuz Ro Doh

(anything else you think it would need)

2015 will be the best year ever

The thing that bothers me most about that post is the poor formatting. I'm so jaded, the chinese emperor uses me as a sword.

Interesting NPCs is a much needed initiative to add something beyond the cardboard cutouts that populate Skyrim. I haven't seen much of it so far, but people around here sing it praises.

By the way, it also adds a lot of quests, which the mod doesn't really advertise. The requirements for them can be quite arcane however, so you'll need the wiki.

If you just want additional people around for ambiance, Inconsequential NPCs does that.

DraQ

Arcane
The thing that bothers me most about that post is the poor formatting. I'm so jaded, the chinese emperor uses me as a sword.

By the way, it also adds a lot of quests, which the mod doesn't really advertise. The requirements for them can be quite arcane however, so you'll need the wiki.
Interconnecting quests == good.

Luzur

Good Sir

Interconnecting quests == good.

What i miss are rival adventurers, you get a quest to pick up the mcguffin in the Hairy Wet Hole of Hell in the Mountains of Cold Tits, and when you finally get there shit has been cleared out and the Mcguffin is gone, forcing you to look for clues (maybe a forgotten piece of paper in that campsite outside the dungeon door) or go to the nearest town and ask around after some burly men that may have come through there with loot, if yer lucky you can buy the Mcguffin in the local merchant where the other guys sold it, or you are forced to track down the guys and deal with them in either way that fancies you.

Ya know, that Radient AI we where promised way back.

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
One of the things I enjoy most about Skyrim is the ability to make politically incorrect mods, as I delight in watching butthurt reactions. I've only made a few small ones so far, but if i get back into Skyrim I figure I'll try my hand at a 'Gender Realism Overhaul' if one hasn't been created yet. So many opportunities.

Stokowski

Arcane
Just got around to finishing the main quests in vanilla (civil war, dragon shit); was fairly underwhelming. I have Dawnguard and Dragonborn installed too. Are they worth playing, or are they largely more of the same?

Drax

Arcane
Dragonborn has the nostalgia factor, muh dunmers, Hermaeus Mora gonna Hermaeus Mora and stuffies, it's passable. DG is pretty shitty IMO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom