Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Get a mod that makes Skyrim as fun as the first half of San Andreas and you got yourself a gut gaym.

I hated everything past the mission where the cops take you to the mobile home park. In Skyrim I hated everything after the first wyvern fight.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Get a mod to turn the graphics into a 2D hand-drawn world, another for fast travel and skip the empty wilderness and a last one to turn the battle system into a turn based system and you got yourself a good game.
So instead of a barely competent real time action game with RPG elements you have a bad turn based RPG?
I hated everything past the mission where the cops take you to the mobile home park. In Skyrim I hated everything after the first wyvern fight.
But that was one of the best parts of the entire game. Going from thugging it up, to redneck banditry and then to San Fierro which was basically perfect aside from the RC missions was great.

DraQ

Arcane
I'm not sure you can paint the entire modding community with such a large brush based on that one account, but I'd agree that it's full of drama.

But, you have to keep in mind that Beth created a lot of problems when they divided the community over paid mods.
anyone who releases their mod under any license other than GPL(or similar copyleft licenses) is a fucking douchebag

You're not making entire games, it's a single mod for a game. Get over yourselves.
:salute:
Exactly. You are building something on and depending on someone else's stuff. It's only fair to pass the favour.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
But that was one of the best parts of the entire game. Going from thugging it up, to redneck banditry and then to San Fierro which was basically perfect aside from the RC missions was great.
I hated that bitch CJ, what a pussy. Makes me wonder how he survived Liberty City. I think the intro showed him jacking an old lady's car, so I guess that's my answer.

I hated that bitch CJ, what a pussy. Makes me wonder how he survived Liberty City. I think the intro showed him jacking an old lady's car, so I guess that's my answer.
All you had to do was catch the True Turnbased GOAT RPG, CJ!

Zanzoken

Arcane
How in the world are you supposed to defend against a dragon's Drain shout? The one that does 20 damage for 30 seconds to all attributes, a.k.a. their "I win" button.

The only thing I have found so far that works is the Elixir of Vitality, but given that those are limited I would like to find a better method.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
How in the world are you supposed to defend against a dragon's Drain shout? The one that does 20 damage for 30 seconds to all attributes, a.k.a. their "I win" button.

The only thing I have found so far that works is the Elixir of Vitality, but given that those are limited I would like to find a better method.
Kyne's peace shout.

DraQ

Arcane
Use Mod Organiser. It uses virtual folders that are separate from the game so you can uninstall and re-install easily. preventing huge compatibility issues and fuckery. Also it has built in support for LOOT so it automatically puts the load order of everything properly.
:stupid:
Good luck with that.

Support for clean installs and uninstall is a good thing, but if you mindlessly trust a tool to set up your load order for you, you're in for a rude awakening (read: will get surprise-fucked from both ends + sideways) if you try anything remotely advanced - say, using any gameplay overhaul, like Requiem.

Use Mod Organiser. It uses virtual folders that are separate from the game so you can uninstall and re-install easily. preventing huge compatibility issues and fuckery. Also it has built in support for LOOT so it automatically puts the load order of everything properly.
:stupid:
Good luck with that.

Support for clean installs and uninstall is a good thing, but if you mindlessly trust a tool to set up your load order for you, you're in for a rude awakening (read: will get surprise-fucked from both ends + sideways) if you try anything remotely advanced - say, using any gameplay overhaul, like Requiem.
Rubbish, mate. At most I may have to move one or two things down the load order. Much better than sorting out an entire bloody load order. If it's still crashing then maybe try wyre bash. Why do Skyrim mod users have to overcomplicate things when there are much simpler ways of sorting things out?

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
All you have to do is set up load order with loot. Then just put everything in the right order where it pertains to Requiem. Anything with Requiem gets put on the bottom. It's pretty simple. Never had any issues even as a modding rookie doing that. It's common sense. If you want to go full autistic, then you just open up TESVedit and go to town. Fuck doing that for 100+ mods, though.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Anyone play OMEGA mod yet? Page says it's an overhaul mod, but I'm only reading Encounter Zones Unlocked and Morroloot. Not reading anything like Wildcatz or something.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Are there any mods that add

- fortified player house with optional guards.
- make the main quest less retarded like not being able to travel to rebel cities if you side with the emprah etc.

Drax

Arcane
lol, I just did a nexus search and yeah, there are like 304038049238029348 mods with "castle".
This is the one I remembered: LC-Become King of Riverhelm

You can now own your very own fortress and rule it as its King. Collect taxes, salaries, and feel like a true noble! If that gets boring, go on up to the arena to watch or participate in a battle. Want more action? Go down to the sewers and fight the Crokers, a tribe of great lizardmen. Still not satisfied? Ever want to defend your castle from an invasion? Well now you can, just by talking to the guards at the gate! Want a place to store all your trophies and other accolades? Well there's a secret temple within the castle with massive storage space just for you! Are the guards' armors not up to your standards? No problem, become the King of Riverhelm and talk to the General in the castle hall and replace it with another type of armor!

:happytrollboy:

roll-a-die

Magister
Just tried to setup an S:SE setup using Enai's mods and a couple loot and mob variance mods.

Going back to requiem for a bit, that shit was dumb.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Just tried to setup an S:SE setup using Enai's mods and a couple loot and mob variance mods.

Apocalypse? I heard all those spells are just overpowered as shit. Try OMEGA on S: SE so I don't have to. :lol:

roll-a-die

Magister

Apocalypse? I heard all those spells are just overpowered as shit. Try OMEGA on S: SE so I don't have to. :lol:
I used all of Enai's mods, it was a bit of a clusterfuck. I'm gonna look and see what the file size of OMEGA is if it's under about a gig, I'll give it a whirl, on cellphone webternet right now, because of living out of a hotel room.

Also I actually decided to go back and try something I haven't in a couple years, YASH2 for SSE. Gonna see how horrible it is standalone, and then just around a bit. I really wish I could tolerate default skyrims jankyness a bit more but it runs worse with less mods than S:SE does.

EDIT:OMEGA Looks to be 181 megs, excluding requirements I'll set it up to download. Note that I'm bad at vidya gaymes so my opinion will probably be salty.

DraQ

Arcane
IIRC Qaxe's Questorium has some rather immersive castle/ruler stuff among shitton of everything else.

It plays a bit looser with lore than I'm comfortable with, but it's a pretty good mod for hi-level characters.

You might need some manual patching (as in TES5Edit) to get it to work with Requiem 2.0.

roll-a-die

Magister
OMEGA is just a layer on top of some mods that are shittier than Requiem to make them slightly less shit. It's instructions are vague, and it advertises itself more as a framework than an overhaul. I think I have it setup right and it just feels weird. Also it's built on Enai's somewhat blandly OP mods. Gonna be trying YASH now, and hope that that is less bland and able to be played by me with some minor tweaks and convenience mods.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
OMEGA is just a layer on top of some mods that are shittier than Requiem to make them slightly less shit. It's instructions are vague, and it advertises itself more as a framework than an overhaul. I think I have it setup right and it just feels weird. Also it's built on Enai's somewhat blandly OP mods. Gonna be trying YASH now, and hope that that is less bland and able to be played by me with some minor tweaks and convenience mods.
Seems like none of these overhauls are perfect. Requiem is solid, but once you get to a certain level, it gets too easy. YASH is pretty good. I mixed it with too many combat overhauls and was getting killed by mudcrabs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom