Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
That's playing the build incorrectly. You rarely encounter ruins where there are no shadows, in the boss room or anywhere else.

Haldir's Cairn.

Lancehead

Liturgist
I know, but those are rare. Another example is fighting Potema, even though I was able to hide in the narrow recesses next to the upright caskets.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Kill that guy" Pure thief type would avoid any fight and fight only when he must...

Its cause Skyrim is not game about Thieves; How pure thief would become Dragonborn and Ysmir Dragon of the North? Skyrim is not dagger and clock adventure like Dagerfall or Secret Service Agent Simulator like Morrowind were it is Epic story akin to Iliad in design and scope if not execution (which sucks thanks to Bethpizda writing); of course Iliad had it Odysseus but he was clever Rogue King not criminal scum. You became public person very quickly in Skyrim with Grey Bird Anouncment again unlike Morrowins which would be hard to pull along with Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood membership (If Skyrim was serious game that is) thanks to Tamariel being honour based society where every person has it unique Dignitas or Odium and so Dragonborn is expect to do Epic deeds not skulking in the dark; even mages are distrusted and not respected in Skyrim according to the lore which is good way to balance this usually overpowered class in RPGs. If only Bethpizda had a balls to do honour their own lore and do less accessessive game. Instead we got this and MMO later on.

hell bovine

Arcane
Also, are there any mods that allow you to brew potions giving permanent stat upgrades? That would make high level alchemy extremely valuable and make it very worthwhile to look for rare ingredients. As it is, I just sell expensive stuff.

But alchemy is godly be it either vanilla or Requiem...

I mean creating potion that will heal you fast as hell from basically grass and water and you could stack shit ton of them basically making you invincible. And you can sell potion for money making it best source on money in whole game...

As for mod i didn't hear about any mod like that.
Actually, that's what alchemy in Requiem does. There are two high level perks that add 100 points to health, stamina or magicka, but you need some ingredients in order to be able to choose them. Never tested them, so I have no idea if they work.

Eyeball

Arcane
Aaaand that's it for my Dragonborn playthrough. I cleansed all the stones, got all 3 Black books, made a deal with Hermaeous Mora and had him kill the Skaal shaman, completing the Gardener of Men quest. Unfortunately, the "Summit of Apocrypha" quest that was supposed to trigger didn't, the girl Frea just tells me to go finish it and offers no quests when spoken to. I can go to chapter 6 of the "Dreams" Black book and get the 3rd Word of the dragonshout but no dragon spawns and I cannot Progress the main quest. Using setstage in the console doesn't do shit. I suspect the guy WHO adapted Requiem for Dragonborn fucked this up somehow. Any advice on how to force Summit of Apocrypha quest to pop?

By the way, can someone please spoil how to get the scourge weapons from the atronach forge in Requiem? The instructions are unclear as fuck. Whoever modded this in is a retarded turd.

RK47

Patron
Alchemy is an arsenal of deadly poison and strong salves. In addition to those one time bonus perks that can really let your character develop well. Regeneration seems meh, as well as Night Sight, but +HP & STA is crucial for warriors. And More magicka is just icing on the cake. Too bad it was really easy to abuse craft and sell. Even with low speechcraft, you'd be swimming in cash so quickly.
One can't really ignore those +Weapon Damage boosters too when fighting Undead as a non-magic warrior.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Also, are there any mods that allow you to brew potions giving permanent stat upgrades? That would make high level alchemy extremely valuable and make it very worthwhile to look for rare ingredients. As it is, I just sell expensive stuff.

But alchemy is godly be it either vanilla or Requiem...

I mean creating potion that will heal you fast as hell from basically grass and water and you could stack shit ton of them basically making you invincible. And you can sell potion for money making it best source on money in whole game...

As for mod i didn't hear about any mod like that.
Actually, that's what alchemy in Requiem does. There are two high level perks that add 100 points to health, stamina or magicka, but you need some ingredients in order to be able to choose them. Never tested them, so I have no idea if they work.

Hmm yeah but i think he meant something like drink that potion = +5 to health permanently. You are right though.

Lancehead

Liturgist
By the way, can someone please spoil how to get the scourge weapons from the atronach forge in Requiem? The instructions are unclear as fuck. Whoever modded this in is a retarded turd.
For a single item, you need one of each of the scourgestone variant (you can distinguish the variants via their weights), an ingot, black soul gem (unfilled, if I remember correctly), and something else. Once you have this 'prototype', use this item and that special hammer (part of the scourgestone quest) at a normal forge to make the usable version of the prototype. You can use this translation guide for the recipes, which don't contain what the final product will be, so you'd have to save/reload.

Or, simply enter god mode and get it over with.

Eyeball

Arcane
Godmode won't help. I cannot spawn the dragon that's supposed to carry me to Miraak, nor can I get the quest Summit of Apocrypha to start at all.

I copypasted your question on the patch's thread (removing the inflamed bits so I won't get dingdongbannu). You're more likely to get an answer there.

edit:

Hi Azirok,

i looked in the Creation Kit. You've made a mistake concerning Miraak. You've given to him 30000 Health offset that 's why nobody can beat him !!!

Could you fix that please because my Creation Kit don't want to load your "Resources.esp" if i change myself the health offset value of Miraak.

posted @ 9:44, 25 Mar 2014

tumblr_m4ga0jwefL1qbx51ho1_250.gif

Last edited:

Eyeball

Arcane
Have you freed the elemental stone thingies with your level 3 dragon control shout?
Think so - the quest finished at any rate and the mind-slaves were freed. I didn't need a level 3 shot to do it though, I finished that quest later.

Is it because I couldn't be bothered to craft the faggotassy Scourge weapons the modder added? They have a seperate quest to craft them.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Have you freed the elemental stone thingies with your level 3 dragon control shout?
Think so - the quest finished at any rate and the mind-slaves were freed. I didn't need a level 3 shot to do it though, I finished that quest later.

Is it because I couldn't be bothered to craft the faggotassy Scourge weapons the modder added? They have a seperate quest to craft them.
No technically you can beat Miraq using that "Forgehammer" it just drains your health ridiculously fast when you equip it. In any case if the dragon didn't come when you read get to that final part of miraq's temple or whatever, your probably fucked. That whole sequence of events was really glitchy for me too. The first time I got on the dragon, it flew directly into the water and off the map so to speak. The second time, I managed to reach Miraq, killed him... and his body fell off the tower we were fighting on, which fucked up the entire script so I had to do that shit over and over again.

Got a reply, Eyeball

Ive heard of this problem before. Use TCL and try simply walking into Mord... The summit. This has worked for other people before.
And summoning the dragon with the console may also work.

-

Since Requiem 1.8 us still gonna take "several more weeks" to arrive, I think I'll try another mod configuration to pass the time. Wondering if I should go with SkyRe + some AI enhancers like Duel to make it harder, or SPERG + Skyrim Unleashed with High Level Enemies. Probably the latter for a more actiony run.

It's just gonna be a pain to remember what Requiem-related mods do I have to deactivate. Wish I was using Mod Organizer instead of the nexus manager, so I could change profiles easily.

Last edited:

Eyeball

Arcane
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to Work. Clipping to the top of Miraak's Tower didn't give me the quest and didn't spawn any enemies, nor was summoning Miraak or his dragon buddy helpful.

No matter - his gear seemed pretty underwhelming compared to the full mage regalia I was wearing at the time anyway and I probably wouldn't be able to kill him in Requiemified Dragonborn anyway. Just gonna have to put up with him showing up and stealing the souls of my newly slain dragons, I guess. Judging by YouTube, the ending of the quest didn't look that interesting either, so not much harm done.

hell bovine

Arcane
Since Requiem 1.8 us still gonna take "several more weeks" to arrive, I think I'll try another mod configuration to pass the time. Wondering if I should go with SkyRe + some AI enhancers like Duel to make it harder, or SPERG + Skyrim Unleashed with High Level Enemies. Probably the latter for a more actiony run.

It's just gonna be a pain to remember what Requiem-related mods do I have to deactivate. Wish I was using Mod Organizer instead of the nexus manager, so I could change profiles easily.

I've never managed to even start Dragonborn with Requiem, because vanilla Skyrim's bugs were accumulating in an exponential manner to the point where the game was just annoying. Since I'm waiting for 1.8 as well, I might try the Duel combat + ACE + ASIS + Dragon combat overhaul combination in the meantime. Is there any magic-enhancing mod that works together with ASIS, by giving enemy mages powerful spells to use?

RK47

Patron
Hm, torn between crossbow or longbows. If numbers are correct crossbows does double bow damage? But can it be over-drawn like bows do?
And the physics on bolt kills are somewhat broken at times with launched bodies in outdoors. Also triggering a killcam before the bolt even launched. :lol:

Eyeball

Arcane
And so it came to pass that I BEAT MOTHERFUCKING REQUIEM! Spacing this out over several months of on and off gameplay, it took me about 40 hours or so to do it with a high elf mage.

At the end, I had done maybe 30% of Skyrimmian content, finished Dragonborn apart from the last quest which bugged out on me. I ended up at level 48, but I had to grind some skills I had no intention of using to get there, so my real level was probably around 42.

I had about 95 in conjuration, alteration and destruction and about 80 in restoration, causing 95% of all encounters at the end to consist of me murderraping everything with fireshock or lightning ray. Archers died before they could raise their bow, and if there were several Archers or tougher baddies in the same room I would summon a storm atronach to tank and pinpoint enemy location in the darkness with lightning blasts.

Dealing with Dragon Priests was easily the hardest part of the game. The only really effective method I found was to carpetbomb them with Restoration sun nukes. With about 70 restoration, 2-3 nukes killed BOTH Dragon Priests at the entrance to Labyrinthian and also chewed through the about 20 elite draugr guarding Alduin's temple quite easily. Not sure how the fuck you're supposed to beat this as a meleeguy or thief.

For usefulness, Conjuration was the best spell school by far. Not only did it summon awesome tanks from level 1 onward, it also gives you a useful instakill spell for human enemies that Works on most bosses at 75. Spectral Arrow was just as overpowered as regular bows are in reguiem and allowed me to down Apocrypha's giant Lovecraftian horrors in less than a minute when Destruction spells did nothing but drain my own mana.

Destruction was useful, but it's depressing how much better conjuration was at almost everything.

Restoration was essential for fighting hordes of undead foes.

Alteration gave a HP and weight carrying boosting power as well as moderately improved survivability through shields, but really required too much Investment for it to really seem worthwhile leveling. Why the HELL are the "elemental shielding" spells not in the Alteration tree but in the Destruction? That would make Alteration the school of choice for spellswords instead of just sort of lame.

Illusion I did not bother with.

All around an awesome experience and much better than regular Skyrim. I am now replaying as a Khajit thief starting in the Thieve's Guild. Requiem immediately reminded me who's boss by having the orc hobo living right outside the guild doorway kill me several times until I wised up, pickpocketed enough gold to buy a shitty bow and came back to oneshot him and his friends. Ah, Requiem, I love you so.

Incidentally, does Requiem nerf the Oghma Infinium? Reading it gave me 5 perk points but did not give me the usual +5 to all warrior/thief/mage skills. Or did I just bug out?

Also, I would really like more "Unique" items to be found around the dungeons and on special NPCs. Requiem adds a few, but are there any mods adding more that Work with Requiem?

Lancehead

Liturgist
Not sure how the fuck you're supposed to beat this as a... thief.
With patience ant at night. The main problem when I tackled that area was lack of sufficient darkness because of outdoor conditions. Luckily, there weren't any auroral lights, which would've made me abandon the mission.

Destruction was useful, but it's depressing how much better conjuration was at almost everything.
I wouldn't say Destruction is underpowered, except in the early levels, but Destruction is by its nature a boring school.

Alteration gave a HP and weight carrying boosting power as well as moderately improved survivability through shields, but really required too much Investment for it to really seem worthwhile leveling. Why the HELL are the "elemental shielding" spells not in the Alteration tree but in the Destruction? That would make Alteration the school of choice for spellswords instead of just sort of lame.
But Alteration does give you magic resistance (30%, I think) and some perks that offer universal benefits, which help you with any school of magic.

Incidentally, does Requiem nerf the Oghma Infinium? Reading it gave me 5 perk points but did not give me the usual +5 to all warrior/thief/mage skills. Or did I just bug out?
No, you don't get any skill points, but you should get 7 perks points (and +200 to chosen attribute), which actually makes it significantly more powerful than what vanilla gives you because perk points are the most valuable units in Requiem. If you got 5 perk points, perhaps you're running an older version of the mod?

Eyeball

Arcane
Ooooh, so THAT'S what the Oghma did. I did actually get 7 points, now that I rechecked, and the +200 HP/mana/stamina would be far more useful than 5 points in most cases.

Woulda preferred the 5 points, though - leveling spell schools above 90 was slooooooooooow and I refused to use exploits to level them.

My points on alteration stands. Picking a magic school just for some passives is kind of underwhelming. I believe it's +7% per level of the resistance perk, by the way, as I had +21 when I checked on my buff screen.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
How good is Stealth in Requiem? Can you still roll through dungeons undetected in plain sight as in vanilla?

RK47

Patron
Mag Resistance actually allowed my Breton to wear The Necromancer's Amulet without losing HP.
Consider it adds a sizeable Magicka reserve (150?), it's a seriously good racial perk even for non casters.

RK47

Patron
How good is Stealth in Requiem? Can you still roll through dungeons undetected in plain sight as in vanilla?

You should be able to...but leveling up sneaking is not gonna be that fast without gold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom