Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

DraQ

Arcane
:necro:

I just understood why we had all those people complaining about Requiem being broken because their favourite tactics of stripping naked and charging archers with a sword was ineffective in it.
We simply didn't have appropriate video posted in this thread that would explain the nature of the issue to them:

circ

Arcane
I've been trying out SPERG for a day or two. Oh boy. What's that SkyRe? U jelly?

Autoperks are interesting and nice although getting those in every category eeh, although I guess that too is toggleable. And unlike SkyRe, you can melt down just about everything - but, the recipes make much more sense and you're not gonna have smithing at 150 in no time because you don't get a massive amount of xp for it, if any. And some perks aren't just renamed vanilla perks like in SkyRe. Spellcasting scales apparently. It doesn't affect combat but somehow a huge spider one rounded me. Go figure. Oh yeah and perks as possible quest rewards, not just gold all the time - awsum. AND NO FUCKING REPROCCER - AW YISSS.

Now I just need to find a combat mod to go with it that doesn't suck, so no Duel, SkyRe combat part or Deadly Combat. OH YAWN ANOTHER BLOCK SPAMMING BOSS NPC? FUN. BUT TIMING AND STAMINA MATTER NOW DUDE. YEAH SURE.

Also what's the best dragon combat overhaul? Fun - not retarded bloat. Because I unlocked dragons with an earlier level 63 character and most things were Revenent(?) dragons or something and all they used was drain something. They weren't any harder than legendary dragons.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Deadly Dragons is p cool. You set the difficulty level which affects almost all of the dragons - though I think Alduin has some high stats regardless or something to make him challenging(?). I don't remember. Good mod though. The dragons are tough on max difficulty, but not nearly as crazy high bloat as Requiem's default settings for example. Also comes with a dragon soul converter to convert extra dragon souls to perk points.

circ

Arcane
Deadly Dragons is p cool. You set the difficulty level which affects almost all of the dragons - though I think Alduin has some high stats regardless or something to make him challenging(?). I don't remember. Good mod though. The dragons are tough on max difficulty, but not nearly as crazy high bloat as Requiem's default settings for example. Also comes with a dragon soul converter to convert extra dragon souls to perk points.
Ok. Know if that perk converter will conflict with some other perk converter by mitchalek I think, Dragon Soul Relinquishment? Has a cool animation and everything although I haven't tried it but eventually maybe.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I'm not 100% sure, but highly I doubt it would conflict. It's a menu only perk converter and shouldn't even touch the area DSR touches.

I found something that should be interesting for those not playing with a de-leveling mod like Requiem.

Fine-Tuned Challenge by Kamikaze

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37563/

Basically the game has internal math which ts uses to decide what should spawn where. If you are a Level 16 character, and you are in a "hard" zone, the game will spawn enemies scaled to Level 21 say, which is PlayerLevel+5.

What this mod is doing is rather than just making you take more damage and deal less, it's changing the math used to generate opponents. So when you turn up the difficulty in vanilla, you still get a Level 21 enemy in that situation, it just does way more damage and takes less. With this mod, all the damage values stay the same, but the enemy would spawn at say Level 25 (PlayerLevel+10), and thus be a tougher opponent without just making you hit them 10 times as much to kill them.

The idea with this mod is that you can set exactly how you want things to scale. You can set it so that no enemies can spawn above your level, or that none can spawn below your level. You can even set it so that "hard" areas spawn weak (low level) enemies and "easy" areas spawn the nastiest stuff they can.

The idea is to make the game easier or harder by spawning opponents who are actually easier or harder to fight, not just making the damage ratios increasingly unfair, although this mod also allows you to do that.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'm kinda playing tropical skyrim atm. Any quest/story mods you guys recommend to play with it?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm kinda playing tropical skyrim atm. Any quest/story mods you guys recommend to play with it?
lucky%20star%20konata%20izumi%20chibi%20blush%20anime%20moe%20anime%20concept%20anime%20girls%20faces%201920x1080%20wallpap_www.wallpaperfo.com_13.jpg

Have you come here seeking the light?

02.jpg

whatevername

Arcane
:necro:

I just understood why we had all those people complaining about Requiem being broken because their favourite tactics of stripping naked and charging archers with a sword was ineffective in it.
We simply didn't have appropriate video posted in this thread that would explain the nature of the issue to them:

Skyrim is broken because you can strip naked, hide somewhere behind a tree or a rock, summon shit and pretty much you won't get hit. PLaying a summoner in Requiem was even more boring.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
What about them private needs mod brah...
If you make every NPC have to pee and shit at random interval it would add so much immersion when you stab them...
maxresdefault.jpg

Just think of the possibilities...

DraQ

Arcane
Skyrim is broken because you can strip naked, hide somewhere behind a tree or a rock, summon shit and pretty much you won't get hit. PLaying a summoner in Requiem was even more boring.
Ok, what's the proper way of playing summoner other than summoning shit to fight for you?

In any case, apart from specific situations or being high level the enemies will take down your summons unless supported.

Something that adds wieldable sticks.

You'll need them for poking floaters.

Last edited:

whatevername

Arcane
Ok, what's the proper way of playing summoner other than summoning shit to fight for you?

In any case, apart from specific situations or being high level the enemies will take down your summons unless supported.
You're right, that's the way. The problem is the enemies will attack your summons most of the time, and rarely attack you. If you get aggro, just resummon in front of the enemy and it will attack the summon.

When summons get killed, just summon new ones. You can kill giants with just 1 skeleton that way in Requiem and it becomes even more absurd as you get new spells.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Playing a little as a two handed warrior type. Melee in this game is really clunky (as are the animations). Had a lot more fun playing stealth archer. Sure it's easier but arrow shot to the face was lulzy.

subotaiy

Cipher
Any total conversions for this done yet? Checked the one from Nehrim's team and it seems is still in progress.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom