Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Perkel

Arcane
Read changelog correctly.

- They removed short range bow double damage and changed bows to light (faster weaker damage) and heavy (slower but more damage).
That double damage was incorrectly calculated and this was main reason why some bandits could kill you with one shitty arrow.

Now they will need heavy bow to kill you with one shot unarmored.

and crossbows got serious buff as armor piercing buff is used by NPCs too.

DraQ

Arcane
jackie-chan-images_14807.jpg
I think that was relative - as in "light armor no longer wet cardboard against bows, heavy no longer loltank".
Personally I enjoyed murderbows, but their behaviour certainly hasn't been inverted.

Clockwork Knight
Regarding Solstheim is the main issue here that shit breaks or is it that you roflstomp everything?

Last edited:
Roflstomp. Requiem simply doesn't touch Dragonborn. I think enemies will scale to your level but a high-level Requiem character is stronger than a vanilla one. On the other hand, this means you're free to do what you want with Dragonborn content. Other options than those I mentioned above are High Level Enemies or Enhanced High Level Gameplay.

Edit: yeah, I put the Sawyer bobblehead there to mean the armor types are more samey, but it still wasn't very clear.

Last edited:

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Roflstomp. Requiem simply doesn't touch Dragonborn. I think enemies will scale to your level but a high-level Requiem character is stronger than a vanilla one. On the other hand, this means you're free to do what you want with Dragonborn content. Other options than those I mentioned above are High Level Enemies or Enhanced High Level Gameplay.

Edit: yeah, I put the Sawyer bobblehead there to mean the armor types are more samey, but it still wasn't very clear.
Clear enough for me though. Jackie Chan is there because I thought that heavy armors being impenetrable without some perk investments was a great feature. The one shot archers weren't though, so I expected him to only nerf that. But ok, will see for myself.

DraQ

Arcane

Clear enough for me though. Jackie Chan is there because I thought that heavy armors being impenetrable without some perk investments was a great feature. The one shot archers weren't though, so I expected him to only nerf that. But ok, will see for myself.
I liked both.

hell bovine

Arcane

Is the Dragonborn patch abandoned? It's certainly a big minus for Requiem, since Dragonborn is much better than the vampire expansion, in my opinion (loved the little sleazy tentacle ball!).

Drax

Arcane
- SkyUI + MCM (Because if you don't install it you are a fag)
- Inmersive HUD (To send quest markers and compass to oblivion)
- Interesting NPCs (So there are some interesting npcs)
- Whathisname Community Uncapper (So you can adjust leveling rates for each specific skill, no more gaining 3 levels everytime you make a few "Erection +2" potions)
- Convenient Horses (reasons)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I was bored and already masturbated enough so I tried to play a little Skyrim and see if shit had changed in Requiem, downloaded last version, dowloaded patches, installed, ran skyproc, LOOT'd the load order, fire up SKSE and........ NOTHING.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I tried uninstalling every "big" mod I had to prevent conflicts but the game only wants to show me the Sk logo and then do fuck all.
Oh well, I'll play FNV again, there's bound to be a couple cazadores left to make explode.

Miraak had OP regen on earlier releases, but got better. There's a new set of items (Scourge) that were meant to counter that, but apparently you can just use shock effects on him now.

No DB-only alternatives that I know of, probably because it's more efficient to just contribute with testing for the one that already exists. Ogerboss doesn't seem interested in changing DB content for now, either.

ERSO has a "Mighty Dragon Priest"-like module for Miraak, though. Maybe his "Unleveled Skyrim" module could be used while you're playing around in Solstheim? It doesn't have scripts so you could remove it when you go back to Skyrim. The only inconvenience would be having to quit the game, I think.

Drax game hanging on logo means missing masters or masters out of order. Maybe one of those patches requires something you don't have (easy to check in TES5Edit or Wrye Bash). LOOT isn't infallible if you have a lot of patches either, it can get confused since it relies on users' feedback and those patches are often too new for that.

Another common cause is loading Alternate Start before Requiem, if you have that.

If you still can't find the issue, just go disabling shit at random until the game loads. The concept of "major mod" is pretty nebulous so don't rely on that (Undeath for example seems like a simple quest mod, but it alters some vanilla spells). Disable half your mods, if it loads then the problem is on the other half. Disable half of that, and so on. Recently I had YASH crash to desktop on me on a new game, doing that I was able to identify the culprit as the last version of Immersive Armors, god knows why. Previous version works fine.

Last edited:

Eyeball

Arcane
When I last played Requiem a few months back, the Dragonborn DLC was impossible to complete due to a vital NPC not spawning. I believe Requiem's compatibility patch did this, especially since it added some truly fucking retardo changes to vanilla Dragonborn.

Caveat emptor.

hell bovine

Arcane
No, azirok is working on it. Might be a couple weeks before a stable release, though.
That's great, I won't have time to play before December anyway. :D

How bad exactly are Azirok's shenanigans with his DB Requiem (because as I've read here they are a handful) and are there sensible alternatives?
I don't care at this point how badly it was changed, when I've played with some other mods, which didn't touch the last battle, the final boss went sleeping beauty on me and nothing worked to get him to fight again.

dryan

Arcane
I want to give some combat/gameplay mods a try. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

This thread amounts to watching the same two or three conversations over and over.:rpgcodex:

Requiem or SkyRe. Which is beter and why? Discus.

Delterius

Arcane
Most people here are using Requiem.

Its a rather interesting spin on the whole of the game. As such its kind of difficult to point out everything it does. So much so that should you have any doubts and/or ragequit inducing moments, do not hesitate in posting here that someone will point out the changes. There is however a manual https://requiem.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/5603341/Requiem-Manual.pdf

This thread amounts to watching the same two or three conversations over and over.:rpgcodex:

This Temple of Requiem ever receives new members to join the flock. Nothing wrong with that.

Beware the DraQ though.

dryan

Arcane
Most people here are using Requiem.

Its a rather interesting spin on the whole of the game. As such its kind of difficult to point out everything it does. So much so that should you have any doubts and/or ragequit inducing moments, do not hesitate in posting here that someone will point out the changes. There is however a manual https://requiem.atlassian.net/wiki/download/attachments/5603341/Requiem-Manual.pdf

This Temple of Requiem ever receives new members to join the flock. Nothing wrong with that.

Beware the DraQ though.

Is Requiem enough? Do you recommend any other mods that go with it nicely?

Delterius

Arcane
Truth be told I'm one of those people who don't use a lot of mods.

However, Requiem is a gameplay overhaul mod and by design doesn't agree with many others in the realm of gameplay. Aside from it, you should still get conveniences like SkyUI (its even required). I also enjoy OneTweak because to avoid some bugs and play on fake fullscreen. Many people also enjoy Amazing Follower Tweaks. There's also those realism mods like Realistic Needs and Diseases and Frostfall, the first will force you to eat and sleep and the latter will create a nice emulation of cold, forcing you to prepare yourself against the winter in Skyrim. I also like Warburg's Maps but that's purely cosmetic.

dryan

Arcane
Truth be told I'm one of those people who don't use a lot of mods.

However, Requiem is a gameplay overhaul mod and by design doesn't agree with many others in the realm of gameplay. Aside from it, you should still get conveniences like SkyUI (its even required). I also enjoy OneTweak because to avoid some bugs and play on fake fullscreen. Many people also enjoy Amazing Follower Tweaks. There's also those realism mods like Realistic Needs and Diseases and Frostfall, the first will force you to eat and sleep and the latter will create a nice emulation of cold, forcing you to prepare yourself against the winter in Skyrim. I also like Warburg's Maps but that's purely cosmetic.

Thanks, I'll make sure to look those up in addition to bouncing boobs and skimpy armors.

bloodlover

Arcane
Any other place where I can get Requiem from except the nexus? The download speeds from that place are sooooooooooooooooo looooooooooong.

DreadMessiah

Liturgist
Thanks for sharing the link to that manual. Now I know to stay away from that mod as well. All I want is enemies not to be so damn laughable when it comes to hp and damage output. They jump way too much from nothing to over done at certain transition points. This game is horribly "balanced" in so many damn respects.

Also not looking to play dnd skyrim thanks. Especially some pricks mod. Stuff your damn smugness arrogance up your ass modder fairy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom