Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Verbis Virtus - Now released!

Essegi

Cipher

Dev blog
Concept artist blog
Steam page
YT dev channel
Undeservedly failed campaing at indiegogo.
Old DEMO (seems it works, thanks to St Antony of Padua that tried it)

Use your real voice to cast spells in In Verbis Virtus, a fantasy adventure unlike any other.

Step into the shoes of a wizard in search of an ancient power. Explore a lost temple, making your way through forgotten chambers brimming with unspeakable beauty and terror. Unlock spells and use them to solve the temple’s enigmas and battle the monsters that lurk in its depths.

Built on the Unreal Engine, lose yourself in the breathtaking world of In Verbis Virtus, possibly the most unique and immersive game you’ll play all year.

Key Features

• Cast spells in Maha’ki, the language of the gods, using your own voice.
  • Discover and learn multiple spells, each with its own purpose and power.
  • Solve challenging puzzles, escape traps and battle monsters with magic.
  • Explore a lost temple, uncovering the secrets of its mysterious past, as well as your own.
  • Experience stunning graphics powered by the Unreal Engine.

System Requirements

MINIMUM:
  • Processor: 2.0+ GHz dual core processor
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Radeon HD2000 series or higher, Geforce 8000 series or higher, minimum 256MB dedicated memory
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: Requires a microphone (notebook integrated ones do not guarantee best performance)
RECOMMENDED:
  • Processor: 2.4+ GHz quad core processor
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Radeon HD6000 series or higher, Geforce 400 series or higher, minimum 1GB dedicated memory
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: Headset microphone

Last edited:

Essegi

Cipher
I must say i thought that too, but after trying it wasn't bad.
The problem is that lots of people asked to devs to implement non voice casting, but they said it's contrary to the idea of the game...

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Wow, this is fantastic. Although the video makes it seem a bit wonky - has it been patched or improved since that video, does anybody now?
Anyways, i really like games that dare to be different, and the idea of voice activation just fits so well with, well, the concept of a mage. Color me interested

Edit: How the hell am i supposed to play this during the night though? I mean, i'll wake up the entire house yelling FOLLOW MY WILL FOLLOW MY WILL. Uh...

Essegi

Cipher
Quite different than Dark Messiah, al least in theory, here main scope are puzzles and not combat and afaik no melee/bows...
Wow, this is fantastic. Although the video makes it seem a bit wonky - has it been patched or improved since that video, does anybody now?
Anyways, i really like games that dare to be different, and the idea of voice activation just fits so well with, well, the concept of a mage. Color me interested
At the momennt i'm not aware of the difference between demo and full version (only that demo ddn't feature combat).
Edit: How the hell am i supposed to play this during the night though? I mean, i'll wake up the entire house yelling FOLLOW MY WILL FOLLOW MY WILL. Uh...
I think that so, it's a point!:D

For me the best alternative for vocals would have been an Arx Fatalis system.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Huh, I didn't know that's what the Petra looked like inside...

Essegi

Cipher
So i bought it and gave a shot.
At the moment the game has a problem: bad framerate. Ok, i wasn't playing with best pc ever (laptop with i3 380 and gt540M), but fps are unacceptable (even loweing settings didn't help).
However devs are aware of that and working on it.

For the rest... Wonderful atmosphere! Game desing has also improved from the demo. Both in riddles, there is a good one that doesn't imply use of magic (but to read the journal), and level design, level i played is a decent dungeon (the demo was pretty straightforward). Backtracking is possible and sometimes mandatory.

ibfRStsa8EIhlr.jpg

I like that graphic but there's too bloom...

iNFwPxfrgiTzn.jpg

inXsCv443oy3.jpg

Better turn on the light (see next pic)

iDXLs9eYNuf36.jpg

Lol it was obvious but i fell like a rotten pear first time.

ibh9BvmQfvARCk.jpg

izDhQCMOadygO.jpg

iePErX1jACaTE.jpg

Nice place here.

iMdRLV8V5xUHZ.jpg

iqkVCxPJymmn.jpg

iB55WTRDdSVXC.jpg

ibptNjdRneyOnb.jpg

Playing with telekinesis. There's a spell to grab objects and two to move it (near/far).

May sound dumb to spell, but game is good.

Essegi

Cipher
When i tried demo i was impressed because it worked really well and it was english only. I'm not english and i can't say i'm strong on pronounce, but devs aren't english too so i suppose they've been tolerant.
Now ther's also that custom language and i've chosen that. Not difficult, but i've failed more (i must say i understood in the wrong way a spell and i noticed late). Sometimes (rarley) happened that a formula started the wrong spell. I've had the impression that demo was better in that, but maybe i'm getting old...
For female voice... I don't know, i've an ugly male voice.
But for each spell there's a description (and writing is good) with a voice sample, and voice sample is a female voice... Se here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jF6IdgRps4&t=7m5s
Overall i find that aspect at least decent, and it's early access so there's room for improving.

PS: i've found that http://www.jeuxvideo.com/telecharger/jeux-et-demos/00014962-in-verbis-virtus-pc.htm
In theory it's the demo, but i don't like at all exe name...

Essegi

Cipher
U''r welcome.
Nowadays there's no need (or sense at all) to hurry unless you want to support devs. Late purchase from a sale or bundle is inexpensive and you get a more polished game.
And above all i hardly play extensiively early access/beta stuff given the huge amount of classics i've still not played.

Last edited:

Essegi

Cipher
Update 0.5.822 now live!
31 MAGGIO - INDOMITUS GAMES
Here is version 0.5.822 changelog:

- Solved corrupted saves and superfluous saves issues
- Added more video settings
- Performance and stability enhancements
- The gate at the end of the Decay Way no longer opens unless the right conditions are met
- Added more water pools in critical points
- Some tweak in Saevar’s room
- Fixed a bug that let the player take down the Will-o-Wisp with the Mark of Fire
- Deleted elements that let the player exploit some puzzles
- Fixed some minor documents and inscriptions bugs
- Additional sound fixes
- Several minor fixes and improvements

It may be necessary to reload a previous save for some fixes to take effect
631MB
Tried on the flight, can't say if it really works faster, but there are lots of new settings, including weak/strong bloom and possibility to disable it (well, i suppose before it was possible via UDKSystemSettings.ini file...)...

Last edited:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
this ... looks awesome

real puzzles too

amazing

I really want to try the demo out before investing in early access.... They should have left the demo available but more reason for suckers into buying it even if it is a strong game.

Arx Fatalis would have benefited greatly with this voice implementation.

Essegi

Cipher
Or IVV an Arx system for who doesn't want to use voice... Btw runes + voice sounds good. Well, rune magic is good! :D
If you have a disposable pc you could try if demo linked in post #14 is good.:P

I just tried it. Works fine. Very short however.
It is a really promising title. The puzzles, so few, were fun and the voice WORKED. Everything felt natural when you were speaking it. I thought for a moment that I would look like those assholes saying "Xbone ON" but this felt second nature.

Essegi

Cipher
Devs didn't want to use latin for spells (and that has been suggested), the hell knows why. That had been cool...

Btw new update, from yesterday:
Update 0.5.936 now live!

Here is version 0.5.936 changelog:

- Solved several microphone-related crashes (at startup and in the menu)
- Savegame compatibility should be preserved
- Fixed bug that caused some objects to disappear after loading a saved games
- Fixed bug that blocked magic spheres in the Decay Way
- Will-o’-wisps are now vulnerable again due to some balancing
- Fixes related to the savage
- Fixed adhesion on surfaces of “mark of fire”
- Added more effects in high level of quality
- Many minor graphical tweaks
- Added some sounds

It may be necessary to reload a previous save for some fixes to take effect.
688.8 MB

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom