Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In what forum should NON-massively multiplayer RPGs be discussed?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Changed the description to "online only", to avoid moving any game with an online/co-op/multiplayer component there.

It should be: For discussion about RPGs which are online only but which are not technically MMO's.

(actually it shouldn't exist at all but let's be consistent here)

But is Star Stable an RPG? Also I think DU called it "(RP)G" for a reason.

Maybe it should be a General Gaming subforum instead.

Do you really want to start getting reports me from about how threads about Team Fortress 2 and other online shooters should be moved from General Gaming to another forum? :smug:

DU is just trolling with this new forum anyway.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, I see he just moved all the MMO Hookup threads there.

Whatever, it already says (RP)G in the title. :lazy:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That said:

Your LoLs, Mobas, TF2s and similar shit could go to PvP subforum. Call it "Arena" or something.

This isn't a bad suggestion if there was a real demand for it, but I don't think there is.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like the idea but I'm not sure there is enough non-massive multiplayer rpg's to fill a forum section at the moment. It'd be nice if there was enough of these games to fill it's own forum.

Put the few that exist into the MMO forum or make a subforum in the mmo section and dump them all in there.

Oh.. and bring back the mmo hookup subforum!

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I understand this might seem crazy, but how about we just leave these games in GRPGD and not create any more subforums?

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
finally a thread in site feedback about serious matters and not ridiculous stuff

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
everything was fine as it was

Johannes

Arcane
  1. darkpatriot:
    I see Biowares new game has caused a new subforum to be created.
  2. a bear named spigot:
    pfb's desideratum was the better enemies list related album this year anyway
  3. darkpatriot:
    Seems unnecessary. Couldn't the scope of the MMO board have been expanded to cover it or else tolerated a thread about that game in the GRPG board.
  4. darkpatriot:
    or if it was felt to not be RPG enough have the thread relegated to general discussion.
  5. darkpatriot:
    General gaming I mean.
  6. Johannes:
    a forum for all non-mmo online play would be sensible
  7. Johannes:
    to look for opponents or coop partners regardless of genre
  8. communard:
    god I'm so fucking behind
  9. darkpatriot:
    All other previous games of that type, DOTAs and Heartstones were able to be accomodated by previous board categories.
  10. Bradylama:
    That would be a good idea.
  11. Johannes:
    outside of mmorpg's i suppose, since theres a forum for that already
  12. Bradylama:
    A forum for online games would certainly make it easier for Codexers to play with each other.
  13. communard:
    I should start being active on RYM or some shit again
  14. darkpatriot:
    But if the board is repurpased for people looking for people to play with I'd aprove.
  15. communard:
    are there any good music communities on the internet?
  16. Bradylama:
    ask Lyric Suite

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I think it would be a great idea to stop Infinitron from ever posting on Site Feedback

flabbyjack

Arcane
We still need a special separate 'rubber pants only' area for smut/hentai games

EDIT: God damnit you need to enroll in EA Origin to participlate in the alpha phase. No no no. Not gonna happen. We all know Bioware isn't so *derp* as to require Origin with their final game tho.

I think Shadow Realms could be the biggest thing to happen to gaming since digital collectable card games caught on.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom