Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indivisible - platformer/RPG from Skullgirls dev

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PS1 it is. I enjoy PSX English VA anyway - I liked the voice acting for freaking Legend of Dragoon. Unless those voices have a subtitle on them, I'm good.

How about VP2? Nobody seems to talk about that one.
It plays a bit differently than the first and some people don't like it as much as the first. Combat is played in a 3D perspective in VP2.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
VP2 seemed like it was decent in it's own right, but I could never get into it enough to bother finishing it. I honestly just wanted more of the original game. The awesome 2D visuals, the pile of endings to stories you mostly have to imagine for yourself, and combat/platforming just interesting enough to avoid being tedious- provided you explored well enough to get all the cool loot hidden in the dungeons.

Also, I love the campy VA in the original game. Well, for Lenneth anyways. Most of the other characters are pretty cringeworthy in their inability to express emotion. Writing is still awesome though. "IN THE NAME OF ALL THE GODS!" or "Ye of detestable name and virtue; false apostle! Thou are bade back to the abyss! Seraphic Law!" and all the other awesome spell finisher quotes.

Lucky

Arcane
It's up.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-an-rpg-by-lab-zero-and-505-games

Lab Zero is proud to announce that we’re partnering with 505 Games to develop a new action/RPG, currently titled Indivisible.

Indivisible is inspired by classics like Valkyrie Profile and Super Metroid, but with the unique character, world, and gameplay depth Lab Zero is known for.

Indivisible will be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam Windows / Mac / Linux. The final product will support the English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese and Russian languages.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Erhm- what happens if you put money on a project in IndieGoGo and it doesn't reach the goal?

Is it the same deal as in KS?

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fixed funding = you get your money back like with kickstarter.
edit; but they do charge you when you pledge and hold your money for the duration of the campaign.. :|

Last edited:

Lucky

Arcane
Creators can also choose flexible funding, in which case you keep the money even if the goal isn't reached. That doesn't tend to go down well with backers, though, so you don't see it as often.

This one is fixed.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will go for a physical version for the PS4.

I am about to download the prototype. It looks very polished for being just that, a prototype.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well, prototype was fun and very polished (for a prototype). I like their direction for combat, it feels like a tag team fighting game.

edit: Oh, and the new ETA is early 2018.

:negative:

Last edited:

Lucky

Arcane
First update:

Every $100,000 we raise, we'll reveal a new Incarnation!

You may recognize this handsome fellow from the campaign video's fiery scene!

gyihwk2qec5xe4tjrjtg.png

The campaign is currently at ~111.000. That would be a bad sign for a kickstarter, but do indiegogo's even follow the same funding pattern?

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Is really 30$ the first tier where you get the game? It's expensive.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Wait just a moment, they are asking for 1,500,000 in a month and they have a deal with a publisher already???
And the lowest tier you get the game is 30 bucks???
How the hell do they expect for this to get funded considering not even divinity 2 asked for this much???

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Doesn't pretty much all the cash from crowdfunding come from the big (100$+) donators anyways?

Though I still think pricing the game that high is a retarded move. The low level investors/donators may not contribute much directly, but their word of mouth and enthusiasm is what really makes or breaks these projects. Scaring them off is just shooting yourself in the foot.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I ended up donating $60. An added cost of $15 shipping. I wasn't going to do it, then I understood that you get a physical and digital copy at that tier and you can mix them up.

I, too, thought that the pricing of the game should have been $25, but what the hell, let's see how it goes. No gaming campaign on IndieGoGo has been even close to what they are asking for. There aren't even that many games that have actually made over $1.5 million in crowdfunding if you count in percentages.

The whole publishing deal is that if they get the $1.5 million on IGG, then the publisher will pay the $2 million. If they don't reach the goal, there will be no game.

Latro

Arcane
7 days left I'll bet $30 they'll introduce sex appeal into the game.

Sex sells, they'll learn the hard way.

ZoddGuts

Augur
The dev team has only build a small fanbase in the fighting community but not much elsewhere. I don't see the fighting community putting money on a game that's a JRPG inspired. Plus there's already a Valkyrie Profile type game coming out in Dec Japan by Tri-Ace just not in name (Exist Archive) with shittier art compared to their previous VP games though.

7 days left I'll bet $30 they'll introduce sex appeal into the game.

Sex sells, they'll learn the hard way.

I don't think some rude titties would've hurt things, but it's hard to say. Some circles are already giving the game flak and refusing to back the game because inclusive pandering, etc. Going the other direction could backfire just as easily. They're kind of fucked either way in that regard.

I hope they succeed. When put side-by-side, I'd rather play this game than Exist Archive.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
When put side-by-side, I'd rather play this game than Exist Archive.
Agreed.
The atmosphere in Indivisible seems pretty decent, the game looks beautiful, I can't say the same about Exist Archive. Besides Exist Archive will probably contains an annoying story. And regarding non-combat gameplay, Indivisible will probably be more interesting too.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I don't think some rude titties would've hurt things, but it's hard to say. Some circles are already giving the game flak and refusing to back the game because inclusive pandering, etc.

Lol, what. Who could they possibly be pandering to?

Lucky

Arcane
They're currently at about the half-way point with ~473.000 pledged and still 20 days to go. Maybe they'll still manage to pull it off...

The prototype has also been updated. It's quite a nicely polished demo now. I reckon this might actually be working against them, since the quality could lead people to believe that they don't need the kickstarter money. It seems that it's better for a kickstarter to tickle the imagination, rather than showing concrete results.

Here's the new incarnates that they've been revealing:

~ Phoebe ~

vzac6cbemvtnxahfhrji.png

"Phoebe is a warrior and protector of her village. Having fended off multiple attempts by the Iron Kingdom's forces to overtake her home, her strength is unmatched, and can fire full-length spears from her massive bow. She is a proud mother of three, raising them alongside her warrior husband before he lost his life on the battlefield.

In meeting Ajna, Phoebe finds that she must make a difficult choice: stay behind to protect her village, or leave it behind to fight a much greater threat, possibly never to return."

~ Vasco ~
cetnuloxwkopyksl8dio.png

"A former officer in the Iron Kingdom's army, Vasco was the best marksman in his unit and was feared throughout the battlefield. After being forced to waste his bullets on one too many defenseless citizens during the Iron Kingdom's northern campaign, Vasco left the military to pursue his two loves: his rifle and money.

Born with intuitive mechanical ingenuity, he has customized his personal firearm quite extensively and has tuned it beyond the limits of a regular gun. But maintaining his gear comes at a cost: Vasco has become a deadly gun-for-hire, taking on any mission - no matter how dirty - if it pays the right amount."

~Thorani~

kb0zxr5g3phfevgl29cc.png

"Thorani is a calm and caring celestial with a bit of a playful side. She enjoys living among humans, and hopes to bring joy to the citizens of Tai Krung City with her performances.

Being naturally gifted at channeling Iddhi, Thorani is able to conjure magical water into her hair. This water can cleanse people of their addiction to corrupted Soma, a dangerous drug spread by the kingpin Mara. Losing customers does not please Mara at all, and Thorani now finds herself caught in the drug lord's sights."

Dhar

oyshbz3aa70qtdriazmr.jpg

One of the Four Superiors under Supreme Lord Ravannavar's army, Dhar led campaigns across the land to subjugate any region that was not in support of Ravannavar's pro-Kala rule.

He came upon Ajna's village during these campaigns, but did not expect to become such an unusual prisoner of war.

Despite being Ajna's first Incarnation, he's not exactly the most supportive of friends. To say that they don't get along is a massive understatement. His own survival depends on hers now, however, even though her quest to challenge Lord Ravannavar is practically suicide, in his opinion.

Naga Rider
wq9o9teu37z2siyshuvf.png

Defender of the dharma and hero of Tai Krung City, the warrior of justice Naga Rider vanquishes evil with a swift and bold Naga Kick!

By day he is an ordinary civilian named Moggal, but at night he creates magical golden armor through the power of Iddhi to become the Naga Rider. He cruises the streets on his magical "Legless Mount," defeating any criminals who cross his path.

There are many unscrupulous characters in the seedy underbelly of Tai Krung City, but few as nefarious as the drug lord Mara. After Naga Rider's wife and child are killed as bystanders in a drug-related crime, he wages outright war on the kingpin.

Yan!
rgtfv5gqmzqqfmqw49rf.jpg

"Considered an abomination, Yan was abandoned by her parents as a child and left to fend for herself on the streets of the capital. She adapted her own fighting style suited to her body to survive her harsh circumstances, and in doing so developed a profoundly natural flow and grace.

Her skills and potential were quickly noticed by the head of a popular ballet troupe, who took her in and raised her. Even with this good fortune, she was still not safe: some of the other dancers regarded her with disgust and more than a little jealousy. Keeping her spirits high, she rose above all of this to become the troupe's star performer.

One day, Yan learns her dance troupe is aligned with the revolutionary army, and are planning to assassinate the emperor of the Jade Dynasty. Yearning only to dance, Yan wants no part of this plot. Yet, fighting may be her only choice."

Narssus.
jv6oa5tfnfqhjwyhfpyo.jpg

Narssus was forced into serving a vile witch doctor. Kept in a persistent trance by a strange vodou powder, he was doomed to carry out the witch doctor's bidding until his body rots to dust.

With Ajna's help, Narssus manages to gain his freedom. He now lives in a state between life and death. The powder now keeps him from dying, but each use feeds a dark spirit that is slowly taking him over from within.

Kushi
hdrwhoyxmedbgqymzwaj.png

"No one would have ever expected such a small and cheerful girl could be a master falconer at such a young age. But perhaps it is that cheerful personality that allowed her to befriend the otherwise stoic and intimidating roc Altun.

Together they are a formidable hunting team, but also use their skills to carry messages, give people rides, and even seek out lost travelers in the wild."

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, no, they still have a whole million left to receive, leaving them at the 32% mark. Doesn't really look good for them, I'm afraid. It really baffles me.

Still - here's hoping they pull through. I wish indiegogo was as popular as Kickstarter, frankly.

Lucky

Arcane
Half-way point of the campaign, not the funding goal. I don't think they'd have this much trouble if they got more media attention, but instead even the more indie-friendly sites like RPS are obsessed with regurgitating Fallout 4 commercials.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
You also have to consider the fact that no former IndieGoGo game project has asked this much in funding. It was a big risk from the get go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom