Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Infinitron, the disappearance of jcd, and the nazification of the Codex

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
User jcd changes his avatar to a common avatar from the video game star control. Next his name is changed to |nfinitron. Regular users can't change their names. A string of other users have their names changed around the same time (abraham, agassi, etc) to shift attention from jcd. Typical false flag operation. next his user details are altered so that he cannot log in, effectively banning him from the site. Plausible deniability. Who will be the next person to not be banned, just silenced completely. Which discussion will not be discouraged, just have related posts deleted or moved entirely to retardoland.

cC4j5Tt.png

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
They got jcd. The bastards did him. They changed his account name and locked him out of it.

It's all about gaining the respect of the Take-Two forum moderators.

Apparently.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
JCD was a true codexer and fucking quality poster. But now's not the time to mourn him.

He got banned for calling out the administration on their recent, unannounced change of policies. Namely the censorship measures of the kike mod infinitron and heroin addict fedoralord Idonthavetimeforthiscrap, with the tacit acknowledgment of the higher ups.

Hey whichever admin did that, you colossal faggot, why don't you have the balls to ban him openly instead of trying to be sneaky and still act like this is all a prank and you're too cool to care.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
I'll take the time to remind the codex that this is the agenda at hand:

I've looked at the threads of the Codex's past and have not been impressed by them. It's basically a bunch of one-liners, the sort of which just goes directly to Shoutbox these days. Those threads aren't as necessary anymore because we have Shoutbox and other outlets.

I like the new Codex

The guy went through a list of thousands of forums and stopped precisely at the one that was the most removed from what he wanted.

Fight back now or see this place devolve into neogaf

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Slightest hint that this place is turning into Neogaf and I will delete all my online accounts, destroy my router and never use the interweb again.

thesoup

Arcane
The staff did it again! Another hilarious prank! The ride never ends! xDDD

Leechmonger

Arbiter
Fight back now or see this place devolve into neogaf

Fight back how? It's their forum to do with as they wish. The way I see it you have a few options:

1. Convince the mods/admin to stop being faggots. If they really are grooming the site to be more life neogaf then I doubt they would give a shit about what you or any other established poster has to say on the matter.

2. Take a break. If your presence here really lends the Codex value then your absence will be noted. If it doesn't or it's not recognized by the powers that be then you didn't have any leverage to begin with.

3. Join another forum or make a new one ("with blackjack and hookers"). It could be a temporary measure while you abstain from using the Codex, but if you end up liking your new home there'd be little reason to come back.

In short: the only meaningful resistance you can provide is abstaining from participating until things improve. If things get worse while you're away then you've saved yourself some heartache.

EDIT: Now would be a good time to ask yourself if you're here because of the community, the moderation policy, or the site's "prestige."

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
4. Shitpost rapidly in every available thread with the aim of forcing the admins to acquiesce to your demands so that the post diarrhea will stop.
AKA the "self-eject by cop" option

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
The dissappearance of Jcd

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom