Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thief Series Fan Patch Guide

Astral Rag

Arcane
Found these
262wqjr.jpg

in the mail today. Infinitron is not taffing around, I got both games running in 1920*1200 in no time.

Thanks.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Aw, you didn't get the North American trapezoid-shaped Eidos boxes.

image_preview

Infinitron This is all meant to work outright isn't it? Why am I getting "This version of the file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running" when I try to open the taffer patch?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Infinitron This is all meant to work outright isn't it? Why am I getting "This version of the file is not compatible with the version of windows you are running" when I try to open the taffer patch?

Yes, it is.

Which version of Windows would that be, btw?

sea come in here and fix my computer or I will dehydrate you

I gave up on trying to get Thief 1 working a few months ago, then I discovered this and thought maybe all my problems have been solved for Thief 2..

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
sea come in here and fix my computer or I will dehydrate you

I gave up on trying to get Thief 1 working a few months ago, then I discovered this and thought maybe all my problems have been solved for Thief 2..

No luck with Windows XP compatibility mode?

I tried all the compatibility modes, permissions and re-downloading it. Nothing. Google searches also reveal nothing.

Administrator mode from the right click menu actually has a different error message of "can't find the file x" so I'm not sure if that means anything to anyone reading

You suggested installing the patch before Thief 2X, is there some reason why you think it would matter installing 2x first or is that just a guess?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
You suggested installing the patch before Thief 2X, is there some reason why you think it would matter installing 2x first or is that just a guess?

Well it's the only difference I can think of from what everybody else is doing. But yeah, just a guess.

At worst, you can install all of the included patches manually. Or try an older version of the patch.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131106

Astral Rag

Arcane
win 7 64bit

sea is running that and had no problems...

Same here, Windows7 64 Home edition.

I just had to use the "-lgntforce" command to circumvent the "not compatible with NT" error, other than that I just followed simple steps described in the OP. Not using compatibilty mode or any other extra tweaks.

If you still haven't managed to install the patch we could perhaps share the "installed" files so you could just try to copy/ paste them in the right folder.

Well mine is Ultimate Edition. Has anyone got it working on Win7 x64 Ultimate?

-lgntforce doesn't seem to do anything

The game doesn't work by itself anyway. Crashes on black screen as soon as the map finishes loading. I suppose there are a whole bunch of other hoops I have to go through to get that part working

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Well mine is Ultimate Edition. Has anyone got it working on Win7 x64 Ultimate?

-lgntforce doesn't seem to do anything

The game doesn't work by itself anyway. Crashes on black screen as soon as the map finishes loading. I suppose there are a whole bunch of other hoops I have to go through to get that part working

I believe -lgntforce is for installing the game, not running it. Not relevant.

So I've managed to get the game running using this thread http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=76531

Got DDFix to work after some fiddling around. Patch still doesn't work

Thief2X has very good production values. Apart from maybe a couple of voices you basically wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't an official addon. The cutscenes are especially good.

The only problem I have is that none of the sound effects seem to work other than rain and the character voices. No door sounds, footsteps, moving items etc.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Excommunicator
Damn, you're unlucky, man. Don't know what the fuck is going on with your PC. Did you install the Sound Enhancement Packs? Maybe those aren't working for you either, hence no sound...

So I decided to try the 1.00 version of the taffer patch instead of the 1.03 beta and it worked. Perfectly. Even the sound is working fine now

You might want to link to that version as well in your OP

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I think there may also be a 1.02 somewhere in that thread if you want to try that.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'd try to run the beta on a console to see the output, it sounds like you're missing some library like java or the C# distributable.

tindrli

Arcane
Here are some tricks I picked up from lurking on the TTLG forums. Upgrading the Thief games used to be rather complex, but recently the process was made much simpler by the creation of several unified patches, with user-friendly installers that do all the hard work for you.

Thief: The Dark Project/Thief Gold:

TFix 1.10: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7quQTgSRc9KQ0Z3U0k1RDRDc3M

An essential mod that improves graphics and enables high resolutions.​

Thief 1 Sound Enhancement Pack: http://www.jaybmusic.net/Eidos/Thief1Sounds.exe

Higher quality sound effects. Non-essential but nice.​

i downloaded Thief 1 Sound Enhancement Pack and installation is in German.. i wonder is it normal* i mean will it be on English after applying?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Here are some tricks I picked up from lurking on the TTLG forums. Upgrading the Thief games used to be rather complex, but recently the process was made much simpler by the creation of several unified patches, with user-friendly installers that do all the hard work for you.

An essential mod that improves graphics and enables high resolutions.​

Higher quality sound effects. Non-essential but nice.​

i downloaded Thief 1 Sound Enhancement Pack and installation is in German.. i wonder is it normal* i mean will it be on English after applying?

Yes.

tindrli

Arcane

An essential mod that improves graphics and enables high resolutions.

Higher quality sound effects. Non-essential but nice.

Thief II: The Metal Age:

Tafferpatcher 1.0.3 Beta: ftp://djriff.homeftp.net/patches/thi...A_103_beta.exe

Similar to TFix but in addition also fixes various bugs in the game's levels. You may wish to avoid installing the "NTEX" texture pack which is part of this patch, as according to some it deviates too strongly from the game's original appearance.
Thief 2 Sound Enhancement Pack: http://www.jaybmusic.net/Eidos/Thief2Sounds.exe

See above.
Thief: Deadly Shadows:

Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade 1.1.0: http://ubuntuone.com/3WBoEbFHnUi0nhpNIS9zVo

Essential mod. Enables high resolutions, and a few additional tweaks.

John P's Collective Texture Pack 1.0.3: ftp://djriff.homeftp.net/patches/th...re_Pack_1_03/Collective_Texture_Pack_1_03.exe

Graphics upgrade. Be warned that it makes this game's shitty long loading times even longer.

Mr. Infinitron. I wonder is there any particular order to install T3 Sneaky upgrade 1.1.0 and JP Collective pack 1.0.3. Also i have installed T3 from GOG and in the main screen it says version 1.1. Now.. is there any new patches that need to be applied before installing those upgrades??
P.d. i tyed to install T3 Sneaky upgrade 1.1.0 first and it says

pta78.jpg

and than this

i1nfN.jpg

now.. i proceed with everything and seems that T3 sneaky upgrade instaled it self correctly but now i dubt if i have correct version .. is everithing in order and who knows what more that i dont even know how to explain on english..

anyway.. waiting for response

thanx in advance

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
tindrli There shouldn't be any problems with the order you install the two patches.

As for GOG version compatibility - no clue, but give it a try. If you have widescreen and high resolutions, that means it worked.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
ok.. but what version it says to you on main screen?? is it 1.1??

Hmm, I've actually configured it not to display a version number at all (you can do that in SneakyUpgrade.ini in the game's directory). In any case, I don't think it's supposed to change. The last (and only) official patch for TDS was 1.1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom