Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

roshan

Arcane
What the hell happened to the isometric camera angle? Game used to look really cool before they fucked it up.

Nael

Arcane
I wonder if they're sending out the email in waves to keep from overloading the server?

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Played for a couple of minutes: the camera view sucks balls, better return it back to iso and I couldn't get the elevator working, so dunno how to progress.

Nael

Arcane
Played for a couple of minutes: the camera view sucks balls, better return it back to iso and I couldn't get the elevator working, so dunno how to progress.

I wonder if they went to OTS because of the switch to the Unreal Engine or the other way around?

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Pros:
- art design
- atmosphere
- stupendous use of colors - has a large number of them yet still feels dark and moody
- shotgun sounds and looks appropriately powerful

Cons:
- battle system is fucking horrendous
- the video narrator uses barbarian speak

Lhynn

Arcane
Well, i think the main problem with the combat is that it doesnt have any weight to it. The sounds of bullets impacting on flesh or metal seems to be missing.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, i think the main problem with the combat is that it doesnt have any weight to it. The sounds of bullets impacting on flesh or metal seems to be missing.

Not only that. But the sound made by walking is also off.

More specifically? Also, can you post some screens?

It's real time. Also it feels wrong if you watch the videos (tbh the game is not even in alpha state).

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
From the video combat reminds me of

igrovoj-vestnik-17-5.jpg

Prehistorik

Scholar
Insomnia looks really fantastic, great art style.

However I'm really worried about the gameplay, because of mentioned random generated content and combat.

As of now it looks like a bunch of very talented artists lacking proper rpg education:?

Nael

Arcane
More specifically? Also, can you post some screens?

It really is an abomination. Granted its a pre-alpha. I get it. But holy shit if it aint just a shittier Mass Effect. It is to Mass Effect what that Chinese copy of the F22 is to the F22. Its basically mimicking something that wasn't real great to begin with and still fucking it up and making it worse. I can see why they took so damn long to come out with anything playable. Its a mess.

roshan

Arcane

I wonder how these guys are getting away with ripping off Kickstarter backers by showing them an isometric game, and then turning around and making a third person OTS game instead.

Nael

Arcane
I will also go on the record as saying that I actually enjoy OTS games too. This one blows though.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder how these guys are getting away with ripping off Kickstarter backers by showing them an isometric game, and then turning around and making a third person OTS game instead.
better return it back to iso
I wonder if they went to OTS because of the switch to the Unreal Engine or the other way around?
Where's my isometric view? What the fuck?! What's the reason of this change?
What game are you blockheads talking about? This was never isometric, was never going to be isometric, was never sold as isometric, has no videos or screenshots showing an isometric environment.

Yet another project where a dev says "I played Fallout once" and idiot backers throw their money and expect a game they see only on the inside of their eyelids. What's next? Gonna get mad that Ron Perlman isn't voicing the intro?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom