Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter INSOMNIA: The Ark - dieselpunk sci-fi action-RPG set on a decaying space station

Ninjerk

Arcane
Despair

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Played this a bit more today.

I'd really like to be able to pan left and right with the mouse, rather than holding right click to rotate the camera. There also needs to be a scroll speed option in the controls for this.

I'm also used to middle mouse controlling the up and down zoom level, from other games, but this could also be done with panning the mouse up or down I guess.

As far as camera angles go, I'm not sure which would work best. The levels seem to have a roof, as the camera angle changes depending on where you move around in the room. It does feel like you have to fight the camera controls to get the best view. Whereas I'd be quite happy with it being actually isometric like this most of the time:

4407ad771e249958920e8b8d921402b3_large.jpg

Part of this has to do with the level design I think, if the levels are not designed for a specific viewing angle then they may look strange. It's hard to do an isometric view inside a closed space because the interaction with changing rooms can get a bit weird. This is particularly noticeable when you walk through the door. Same with the height of the room.

Guyduk

Studio Mono
Developer
- Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem.
- Video Mode: 1920 x 1080 @ 32-bit colour
- Full Screen: Yes
- Renderind Device: Monitor-1-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
What shall I do?

Send me your full dxdiag and continue to despair.
In all seriousness, that's a known and a very elusive bug. Haven't figured out out what causes it yet.

Serious question : will Vin Diesel make an appearence in the game ?
Not unless he grows a mohawk first. Can't have dieselpunk without punk, after all.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Some interesting stuff posted on vkontakte page:
- Mark Morgan offers his service
- Brian Fargo contacted the guys and showed some respect
- Obsidian guys showed some respect
- Several awesome artists wants to join/already joined the project
- Several companies offered their services to translate the game
- A dozen of Russian/foreign actors offered to help with voice-acting for free
- Some companies can take care of console ports of the game

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Mark Morgan's making a good living off Kickstarters that's for sure :P
That's for sure!

He was out of sight since PS:T release and till Wasteland 2 campaign, and I was p. disappointed by this fact, but now I like how much nice projects will contain his music.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
The demo crashes everytime on my pc.
Will not buy. :argh:

Seriously, the game looks gorgeous and i like the setting. Going to keep an eye on it.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron

polo

Magister
I just backed this, so you better make it good. I dont spend moneyz in bad stuff, except probably Numenera.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Definitely looks interesting. Very excited to see skill advancement from both learn-by-doing and xp investment.

I notice that your early bird backers were limited to four hundred twenty. Is this an oblique reference to smoking pot? Are the devs smoking weed? Is this a game intended to be played while smoking weed?

Guyduk

Studio Mono
Developer
And I can finally crawl from under the rock now. I remember Aterdux Entertainment mentioning how you have to have at least one man on standby during the KS campaign, ready to answer all the questions. Well my advice is: make it two. Or three. Or as much as you can spare.
Kickstarters attract a lot of attention now, if they're even moderately successful and unless you have a lot of capable people, you'll drown in questions.

I wonder if they can reach 100k.
I doubt it. Unless ou have some real big names on board, you can't rely on snowball effect, and the extra funding slows down. We'll lucky if we can cover a stretch goal or two.

Some interesting stuff posted on vkontakte page:
- Mark Morgan offers his service
- Brian Fargo contacted the guys and showed some respect
- Obsidian guys showed some respect
- Several awesome artists wants to join/already joined the project
- Several companies offered their services to translate the game
- A dozen of Russian/foreign actors offered to help with voice-acting for free
- Some companies can take care of console ports of the game

You know, the most interesting thing that came out of this was all the positive feedback we've got. People like inSomnia, they're really, genuinely interested in it.
That's a real contrast with what we've had before we've gone public. When your feedback consists mostly of "You are all crazy" and "go make a facebook game" it's easy to lose optimism.

Latest update announced support for consoles

:nocountryforshitposters:
More like, we have found some people willing to port PC version at a very affordable terms. Of course, for that to happen the PC version has to be released first.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Guyduk

Studio Mono
Developer
Definitely looks interesting. Very excited to see skill advancement from both learn-by-doing and xp investment.

I notice that your early bird backers were limited to four hundred twenty. Is this an oblique reference to smoking pot? Are the devs smoking weed? Is this a game intended to be played while smoking weed?

Your Honour, I'd like to exercise my right to remain silent.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
You know, the most interesting thing that came out of this was all the positive feedback we've got. People like inSomnia, they're really, genuinely interested in it.
That's a real contrast with what we've had before we've gone public. When your feedback consists mostly of "You are all crazy" and "go make a facebook game" it's easy to lose optimism.
понимаю.

Perkel

Arcane
I have to say concept art for this game blew me away. Honestly numenera concept art in comparison to this looks like some kids paintings.
Best of luck you guys. Starting project is one thing but finishing is completely other thing. Don't chew more than you can bite, set realistic goals and don't fuck with your community and soon you will be doing self funded sequel or much more lucrative kickstarter

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
While the art looks nice, I am not sure why you guys are all over some realtime action game..

Dagobert

Educated
The game would look so much more sexy with Turn Based combat, I always thought that TB is easier to implement and balance, and it feels less clunky with a lot less of work. Mr. Guyduk can we have a hope still that you will change your mind?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom