Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interstellar Marines - For the love of sci-fi

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
What I'm getting from everything I've read and seen is that they're obsessed with polishing every stage of development, so they're unwilling to try anything actually big before they make the target practice and basic deathmatch extremely fancy. Everything they've shown is impressive from a technical standpoint, but they're playing it extremely cautiously and not showing off anything that actually forwards the idea of 'tactical co-op shooter with meaningful RPG mechanics'.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Call of Duty in spaaaace
At first glance I thought that this is suppesed to be something closer to a military science fiction shooter, but Interstellar Marines seems to be more like XXI century US Marines in spehs. And those sharks look out of place, like something from a Duke Nukem game.

Perkel

Arcane
I like how they mention all awesome things and don't fucking show them.

To me it looks like L4D in space

Astral Rag

Arcane
Still only one gun?

Played this a few months ago, it showed promise and the Team DM was already fairly fun to play. The co-op mode was just being implemented back then and it was pretty mediocre and nearly unplayable because of terrible optimization.

Last edited:

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
The game had two guns the last time i played.
An assault rifle and a smg. I hope they get rid of the zoom you get while aiming the smg.
Not only does it lacks sense, it also makes the smg less helpful on cqb than it could be without the silly zoom.

So far the game plays like a COD/BF clone. They said they are going to implement lean but i am still waiting.
I wish they had their priorities right. You know, polishing the only gun you have before adding another.
I am glad i got a copy for free, because, deep inside, i fear they ditch the "tactical" side of the game and go full cod.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Uninstalled the game after 30 minutes. It doesn't do anything new. In fact it hardly does anything at all. Everything has that boring white look, 2 guns only and as far as I saw only two types of enemies: crash test dummies with guns and without guns. Enemy AI wasn't terrible from what I saw, though. They knew how to flank and go around me and attack from behind.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I enjoyed the campaign co-op I played a while back. There was something legitimately creepy about the why the androids would come running up at you out of complete darkness.

Shadowfang

Arcane
22 of April - 18th Update

When he started talking about different skins, i thought to myself: "Cool, now we can walk around with our helmet off and still tell friend from foe.".
I know friendlies have a light hue on their uniforms but it doesnt work well. Proof is the fact that a wounded team member usually becomes a teamkiller because his Hud is offline.
But no. They are going to be unlockable, like Bf3 and like Bf3 we are going to have rainbow team mates.

I'm getting a lot of red flags with this one. I'm glad i got a free copy from a friend, so i can keep up with the project until it deserves my money.

DramaticPopcorn

Explain to me how come this bombed so hard? The concept looked amazing.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Slow updates meant low sales. AFAIK they also put it in a lot of bundles, which didn't help. One bundle gave several copies, iirc.

It's a shame. It was a solid concept and I had some fun with the coop.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
they are just unfortunate. first they lost their funding in the financial crisis of 2008, then they had to start from scratch with Unity instead of Unreal engine. they launched a kickstarter in 2012 which unfortunatley didn't get funded. then early access which was great in the beginning but has now reached roads end. really hope they get a publisher this time. they had a publisher back in 2008 and their concept is rock solid.

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
This is the one that has the literal landsharks to fight. Just terrible. That is why it didn't do so well.

Shadowfang

Arcane
It doesn't even have the landsharks yet, and it is supposedly to be one of its selling points, since the community keeps begging for them.
A pity they are slow to deliver and have their priorities all wrong. How hard can it be to implement a fucking lean feature...

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
There's people who want that? I remember in some other video I was liking the video then burst into laughter at the sight. It seems like a truly crazy idea...they could have made some cool aliens instead with that much effort.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom