Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview with a former gamer

Sjukob

Arcane
How you guys can be bothered to read that shit ?

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How can you even be a former gamer? What next, a former moviegoer tells about how the current Marvel movies make him not to visit cinemas anymore? Or a former bookreader does not find Stephanie Meyer stuff good and thus stops reading altogether? It's not the medium, it's what you select to consume.

Nonsense.

I'll click on myEurogamer bookmark or my Kotaku bookmark and just see what's up

:nocountryforshitposters:

laclongquan

Arcane
TLDR

One sentence judgement: He's a filthy casual who lucked into playing games in the old day, but fall out of love quick, and so can not into gameplay these days once it get harder than "Normal", ie dead easy.

First, the excuse: I dont haf dough to play games. Fucking hell man. 500 USD can get you a reasonable good rig to play games as long as you dont choose the eyeraper with graphix immershun. 1st clue about a filthy casual. 1000s rig got you playing most game. This is no 2000 when you have to shell out 2000 shekels for a decent gaming rig to play new year game.

Second: Name dropping. He seems to play a few great games, like Deus Ex or BG or Fallout. He's also a filthy casual havent touched RTS, TB combat, or Civ-style. Fucking casual who play game for the stories~. Also note that the few newer games he mention was marketing-ed to dead which is why he know about it. Mass Effect 1 is a pretty good game but it's now the trend to bash ME series so he didnt namedrop. Mention Mario but no Earth Worm or old shit. :lore: this man is no maniac gamer.

Third: He's strictly into stories, not gameplay at all. Which is why new games set off his alarm.

Conclusion: Why the hell should we can about an ex-gamer nobody? We might care about about a gamer nobody, true, but type like him why should we?

Mozg

Arcane
100% of the dudes I know that don't play videogames anymore don't do it because games are dangerous opioids. 40-year-old-men aren't grasped by insanity and tempted to pull a 12-year-old-boy's all-nighter to watch one more episode of a mediocre post-Sopranos TV drama or a football game.

Beastro

Arcane
This is stupid. Playing video games is a major medium of entertainment, just like literature, or movies. If there was a bad period of literature or movies, would you stop reading? Stop watching movies? No, you would just stick to old classics or indie stuff, and wait it out. Video games aren't some fringe thing you grow out of or leave.

Sounds to me like a Moby, acting like he hasn't played games in ages but totally knows what's going on about the culture.

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
This is stupid. Playing video games is a major medium of entertainment, just like literature, or movies. If there was a bad period of literature or movies, would you stop reading? Stop watching movies? No, you would just stick to old classics or indie stuff, and wait it out. Video games aren't some fringe thing you grow out of or leave.

I have close to given up on new movies. I see maybe one a year now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom