Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Invisible Inc.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I have a couple of questions regarding the game (I am releasing my critique Monday):

Was the text that indicated that Expert Difficulty was for tuning the game in since launch?

For EA people: Did the level structure from early access back when it was called Incognita have any story? If so what?

Did the Dialogue/Interaction options that were removed from EA mean anything beyond Flavor?

spectre

Arcane
Was the text that indicated that Expert Difficulty was for tuning the game in since launch?
You mean that expert was the default mode in early access?
Yeah, it was pretty much so. It was all balanced around this level and easiest dificulties were only introduced once the game launched.
I'm having trouble remembering, but I think at some point in EA there were two difficulty levels, one of them being equivalent to expert.
Also, there was no custom dificulty in EA and no rewinds.

For EA people: Did the level structure from early access back when it was called Incognita have any story? If so what?
You mean the story mode? There wasn't really any. The entire plot was only revealed when the game was out.
All we got was character bios.
There were no omni guards and final level. In story mode you had 3 days to prepare and they you would get a codename:insomniac mission where you had to recover a captured agent within a fixed time limit.
All in all, It was a bit more difficult but not as difficult as the current final level.

Did the Dialogue/Interaction options that were removed from EA mean anything beyond Flavor?
This system want through a number of overhauls, and finally they ditched it. It added a bit of randomization and sometimes offered a risk/reward scenario.
At first there were "dialogues" which popped up when you used a console fro PWR. You would receive a prompt that the security is tracking you and you could ignore it (raising the alarm) hack the protocol
or bribe the guard, which had a chance of actually lowering the alarm level.
Later on, there were also similar dialogue windows when you interacted with safes and doors, some of them allowed you to use your skils (hacking, stealth, anarchy)
to gain an added bonus. E.g. you found out that the safe was rigged and you had a choice to ignore it, disarm it, or go for it anyway.
Sometimes you could tamper with a locked door to try and unlock all the doors on the level, stuff like that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-05-invisible-inc-contingency-plan-dlc-dated-for-next-week

Invisible, Inc. Contingency Plan DLC dated for next week

Turn-based espionage game Invisible, Inc. is getting an all new DLC expansion entitled Contingency Plan on 12th November for PC, Mac and Linux.

jpg

Contingency Plan will add four new agents to the mix, along with two new starting programs, new weapons, items, and augments. There will also be new types of guards and security threats to contend with.

This expansion will also extend the campaign with a new mid-section offering further challenges and more time to develop your crew. Side objectives have also been added.

Furthermore, developer Klei has added 10 more levels of mission difficulty to keep things challenging as your agents have more time to level up, what with the new stages as all.

Contingency Plan will cost $4.99 (about £3.30), but will be 10 per cent off at launch.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wow, that was relatively fast. Nice bit of a DLC. Might have to pick the game up again.

Nostaljaded

Savant
Guess it's too late for some feedback.

- Guards hearing range visual cue/UI in 'Sprinting Mode'
Animation could used a slower version of the 'sprinting-noise' animation just on the enemies' hearing range boundary tiles. And to prevent visual overloading, the hearing range UI could only be shown when sprinting is activated. Right now I've to manually count the tiles to sprint out-of-their-hearing range.

- Changing of windowed-mode screen resolutions should be independent of the full-screen supported resolutions.
Inferring from the multiple supported resolutions, custom window resolution is easily doable?

- Additional Hotkey requests:

Steal/Pickup
Manipulate Object; a congregated hotkey for hacking, opening safes & operating servers etc.
Drag/Drop Body

- More cityname locations on world map

Could a codexer post the above in their steam or official forums?

Going to give it a few runs this weekend and see how it is. Excited - this was one of the true :incline: games recently, and not just a clone of some older game either.

spectre

Arcane
Excellent news for all the angry cunts not demeaning themselves with the new Fallout.

Anyone got a more detailed changelist? I admit, it took me by surprise a bit. Sadly, work's a bitch, so I won't be able to take it for a spin it in the next few days.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Bought this baby now along with the dlc on gog, even though i already got 18 games on the fucking fall sale... :negative: But i gotta signal developers that turn based squad games are no moneygrave.

Ironmonk

Augur
This game is very good, very well done turn-based combat.
they should just rename the company to inKLEIne :incline:

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
The pacing of the normal game is made tedious by the additional 48 hours (though it does make endless more fun) and the new second level counter measure turns maps into total rng fests. The fact that all guards suddenly change patrols so soon means you can't really plan and you need to pray. The new chars are kinda cool though.

Honestly, I was hoping they would make a new mode rather than expand the original one. It was so tightly designed which meant it could easily be broken by new changes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom