Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News inXile admit that Torment stretch goal content has been cut, including companions

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
To my surprise, I got my refund.
Waiting for the answer to my query. I wrote only only 12 hours ago though.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I didn't give him a fucking dime LOL. You are one of the retards who need to waste their money on a certain company because THEY PRODUCED A GOOD VIDYA GAME WHO DINDU NUFFING.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
I didn't give him a fucking dime LOL. You are one of the retards who need to waste their money on a certain company because THEY PRODUCED A GOOD VIDYA GAME WHO DINDU NUFFING.
Thanks for opening our eyes. How, blind we were. We thought that we could exchange a small amount of money for entertainment. But now we understand our folly. There is no entertainement and we made a serious mistake. Thank you good sir for opening our eyes, for now we see the light. May I give you those $20, so you would use them to show others foolishness of their way, so they could finally be free!

Edit. Btw doesn't it seem funny, that when you retards leave your safe space of button pressing you get another asshole for free?

Last edited:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sure. I'll even create a Patreon page so you can part with those $20 on a monthly basis. Or would you like to exchange it for every post I make? They seem to give you more entertainment than Fargo's games.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Sure. I'll even create a Patreon page so you can part with those $20 on a monthly basis. Or would you like to exchange it for every post I make? They seem to give you more entertainment than Fargo's games.
You failed to amuse me and my dopamine receptors are much less sensitive to knocking out retards than they used to be.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It doesn’t matter whether the game will end up good or not. They will say positive things and create a following because they have a short memory, or give too much importance to pedigree or whatever. People tend to forget the past too easily.

Look forward to the buzzfeed "top 11 reasons why it's good that Fargo cut content from Numenera" articles.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Fargo is a garbage human being and clearly learned nothing from the crushing defeat he experienced with the fall of interplay and transition into making shit mobile games. Stupid cunt.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
They seem to give you more entertainment than Fargo's games.

The Codex give more entertainment than Fargo's games. This thread give more entertainment than Fargo's games. Shoutbox give more entertainment than Fargo's games. Even CyberWhale give more entertainment than Fargo's games. Let's make a condex fundraiser for CyberWhale. It's only fair.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Thrice-married hotshot CEO with tacky taste and a chequered past promising to bring back past glories to an underserved audience. One of my problems with kneejerk Fargo hate on this forum is that it's eerily similar to liberal anti-Trump rhetoric, although I'm sure Brian would hate the comparison.

And just like that, the jew tries to divide us with unnecessary /pol/posting.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Thrice-married hotshot CEO with tacky taste and a chequered past promising to bring back past glories to an underserved audience. One of my problems with kneejerk Fargo hate on this forum is that it's eerily similar to liberal anti-Trump rhetoric, although I'm sure Brian would hate the comparison.

It's not similar at all unless you're an apologist cuck

Black Angel

Arcane
And another one is a month away. So what's your point? They start pre-production on new games while others are being finished.
That they are a bunch of incompetents? At least, on terms of project management.

If cutting some of the stretchgoals and focusing on things that work better makes it a better game, I'm all for it. Keeping bad stretchgoals wasn't exactly the best thing for PoE.
I'm not even arguing whether or not the cutting was justified. All I'm saying is inXile fucked up big time by not being up-front and honest with their backers when they decided to cut stuff. Hell, I've already gave the example of Larian cutting stuff for D:OS AND they being up-front and honest with their backers.

On top of that, it's also the problem of backers losing the extra money they spent on those stretch goals. You can state how you're fine with stuff getting cut all the time you want, but what about those who spent the extra bucks for those?

That's not a lot either.
Still produce better products that inXile could ever be.

If you want to boycott inXile because of their shitty public relations, fine.
Mate, do you even reading comprehension? Nowhere I'm saying I want to boycott inXile yadda yadda, I'm only stating good riddance if they don't want to keep good relationship with the community who helped them gets back to their feet, with all of their shitty and shady decisions. Maybe it's fine if only the Codex got cucked with the Gamescom debacles, but this? Cutting contents from stretch goals WITHOUT TELLING THE BACKERS WHO PAID THE EXTRA MONEY FOR THOSE?

But I think it's pretty stupid. The end product is what matters, not them taking our money more than necessary.
Fixed.

Weasel

Strange to label it kneejerk, when for many it's been building in increments since 2012, when he started "promising to bring back past glories" - there were always haters and fanboys but the ratios seem to have changed over the years, based on what he's actually done since then.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's not similar at all unless you're an apologist cuck
Yeah but have you noticed who created this thread

Don't like the "CHAD BRIAN FARGO STOLE MY GIRLFRIEND RIPPED ME OFF" attitude, it reeks of beta. You don't see that with Obsidian, where the blame for a bad game is properly assigned to the people who actually made it. For a communication failure like this one, I'd first point the finger at the producer - Brother None.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
They are plenty of visual novels exactly like that
Look, I mean not games that have a few hundreds or thousands of players at best.
I mean commercial game on a scale like PoE or Baldurs Gate - large project with big budget, project of a kind you can miss, and should react if it "ideoligically wrog".
For fuck sake, did you already forgot how they hounded him, the guy who landed a satellite on a comet? He cried like a baby.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom