Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News inXile admit that Torment stretch goal content has been cut, including companions

Prime Junta

I got mine. PayPal also.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Times were so much fucking better when we didn't have internet.

Developers would just make their game and we'd just play it.

We'd never know about the shitty political views of general cuckedness of the authors.

If you got butthurt about the content you'd have write letters or organize a demonstration or some shit, what almost nobody would bother to.

And if you think its bad for games, I can tell you, you don't even know what real pain is. I am a professional wrestling fan.

leino

Cipher
i think with kickstarter, that ambitious goals like numerous cities were *promised* and pledged for ahead of time caused slashing them to look more like a sign of incompetence than if the same thing had happened behind closed doors during regular development, which ofc happened with (for example) the original torment
it's more a fault of the pledge format and, maybe especially, of rash promises and the excitement around the early days of kickstarter rpgs than of development going terribly wrong. maybe. hopefully. i'm excited for tton now it's coming up tbh

Last edited:

duanth123

Arcane
i think with kickstarter, that ambitious goals like numerous cities were *promised* and pledged for ahead of time caused slashing them to look more like a sign of incompetence than if the same thing had happened behind closed doors during regular development, which ofc happened with (for example) the original torment
it's more a fault of the pledge format and, maybe especially, of rash promises and the excitement around the early days of kickstarter rpgs than of development going terribly wrong. maybe. hopefully. i'm excited for tton now it's coming up tbh

It was all a misunderstanding, your honor.

She's clumsy, you see. Fell down the stairs, yeah? Lost a few stretch goals on her way to the bottom.

Isn't that right, leino? *Fargo casts a menacing glare*

leino: *laughs nervously* So...darn clumsy

Battered backer syndrome is real.

I've attached some literature for you leino...I...I won't ignore your pain.

Getting out of an abusive or violent relationship isn’t easy. Maybe you’re still hoping that things will change or you’re afraid of what your developer will do if he discovers you’re trying to leave. Whatever your reasons, you probably feel trapped and helpless. But help is available. There are many resources available for abused and battered backers, including crisis hotlines, shelters—even job training, legal services, and childcare. You deserve to live free of fear. Start by reaching out.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Hello dark___devil Nigerian Prince! I look toward that opportunity to make greatest RPG with heavy optimism.
I like your plans about your game, also I Like Nigeria, I heard there are big volcanos with nice tits, that's cool.
The only thing that brought me into confusion is sexy benches - isn't it a gear for sitting? At least we use it like that in Russia.
I would gladly give you all my money, but all I have is a dirt under the fingernails.
Thanks for cultural exchange, cheers!

Seriously, when I start to imagining how many games we could get if those money went to roguelike devs, like George Miromisato who made Transcendence, or guys who struggling to make Caves of Qud, all those who need to work and make roguelikes in spare time, I almost feel pain.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
dark___devil Kindly supple photos of this sexy bench with cranky attitude and green lipstick. I've never seen a bench that wears lipstick.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
hl0mG1Wh.png

Last edited:

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There might something to what you said, but giving in into enthusiasm and hype and setting cold calculations aside would be bad management, at least someone should have reined in the most outrageous promises. Personally I think it was a combination of both enthusiasm and greed. It wasn't their first KS project, you know.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
It's convenient that they didn't mention any cut stretch goals and content until after Wasteland 3 was funded. Innit.

Even still, if you backed Wasteland 3 you be a
:selfhate:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's convenient that they didn't mention any cut stretch goals and content until after Wasteland 3 was funded. Innit.

Even still, if you backed Wasteland 3 you be a
:selfhate:

Wasteland 3's stretch goal was a talking car. Can't break promises if you don't promise much.

Received my refund in less than 24h after first e-mail. My congratz to the support, the only place of inXile working as intended.

As the dollar had skyrocketed here since I pledged, I even ended up with a nice profit after all.

I blame the console port for all this. Not even trolling. :hero: Didn't back this one up, and was many times about to get as early access version, but then chickened out. I'll probably have to get it with the upcoming discount sales far in the future, but I don't have to like it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom