Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline iOS and Android

Aside from Undercroft and the Quest, I have yet to find any time-wasters of worth on my iPOD or my Android SmartPhone. Anybody recommend something worth my time on-the-go.

darthaegis

Cipher
Let's see... there's some Spiderweb games (avernum or avadon, don't remember), gamebooks\text adventures like sorcery! and heavy metal thunder, and if you want some animu desu shit you can get emulators for any handheld except Vita and 3DS, and any console pre-ps2 (so you can play not-final not-fantasy with SNES-9x, for example).

Rabbid

Savant
Undercroft and The Quest, along with Defender Chronicles were my fav games on iOS.
Now, on android I would recommend two games from Game Dev Team. The first one (android, iOS) is a throwback to homm. I've played it and found it great, especially if you want a lightweight game (otherwise, download homm3 HD or just use VCMI). The other game just got released and it seems like a homage to fallout (android, iOS). Haven't played it yet, though it seems nice.
A port worth checking out is Brány Skeldalu. The catch is that there is no english translation, so you have to understand southwest potato language in order to play (aka czech).

A horse of course

has anyone tried emulation on their bricks? Surely even an ipad could handle SNES emulation?

da_rays

Augur
Maybe a bit less on the go , but you have Baldur gate , Shadowrun return , DQVIII + somes FF games ( if you tolerate weaboo )

Ed123: yeah most android and Ipad can run pretty well all 8, 16-bit emulation. Unless you have a 10year old crappy chinese cloned tablet. Even there...i think you could....

PPSSPP hasnt been mentioned yet. You got a few good game with this...even a few translated games ( Grand Knight History comes to mind ). Else if you want real time waster that you can open / close within 5-10 mins, Summoner wars , there is a few ''Card based game'' ( AKA grind the shit until your out of energy to keep playing ). I also recommended strongly what moraes posted, Sorcery! 1-2-3 are very nice. King of dragon pass is also worth a mention i think.

All and all , i'd recommend a 16-32GB SD card to load up with ROMs you'll have plenty of shit to play while riding the bus or whatever...

Ho, dunno how much % of graphic whore is inside you , but check out Gurk 1 and 2. Cheap , light and somewhat fun on the go.

darthaegis

Cipher
somes FF games
btw, OP, I'm being a bit obvious here, but get a SNES emu instead of buying FFs on the Play Store, unless you want the 3D editions or whatever, because 1. it occupies less space (hundreds of times less since a SNES rom is like 2mb and the play store edition of FF6 is ~700) and 2. you can put the roms on an SD card but you usually can't move apps to it, and it pretty much fucking clutters your internal memory.

A horse of course

Does anyone play Deadman's Cross (the shitty microtransaction card/hunting game from square enix)?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shadow Sun by Ossian Studios is worth a playthrough. Get it on sale or something though.

victim

Arbiter
Possibly Retarded Vatnik
I second Tales of Ilyria. Also, if you'd like a Wiz1 clone there is a game called Wandroid.

victim

Arbiter
Possibly Retarded Vatnik
Sorcery! 1, 2 and 3.

edit: and 4 when it's released.

Does the whole game read like homo erotica?

Relentlessly, you cut and thrust, keeping him pinned. You swing your sword fast, in towards his chest. But the impact clangs against his defending staff and you only lay a minor wound. He shows his teeth. He is left breathless but not seriously hurt

I bookmarked all of these, though I am unable to find Tales of Ilyria? I tried both iOS and Android.

I'll grab some of these when I'm done. I already have DosBox, though another emulator for PS games might be great. Never heard of Shadow Sun or Wandroid, scouting those now.

Thanks,

DCLXVI

Vikter

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Monument Valley is a good time waster, but not too much time. You can finish the entire thing in 15 minutes.
There are also some good roguelikes like Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.
Emulators are hit-or-miss depending on your device. It's annoying to use virtual controllers in a 4 inch phone.

victim

Arbiter
Possibly Retarded Vatnik
I bookmarked all of these, though I am unable to find Tales of Ilyria? I tried both iOS and Android.

I'll grab some of these when I'm done. I already have DosBox, though another emulator for PS games might be great. Never heard of Shadow Sun or Wandroid, scouting those now.

Thanks,

DCLXVI

For some reason its titled TOI on the playstore. It used to be easy to find so I don't know what happened. There is a codex thread for the game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.littlekillerz.ringstrail&hl=en

victim

Arbiter
Possibly Retarded Vatnik
It's Illyria with TWO Ls, that's why.

That isn't the problem actually. If you search the playstore for 'Illyria' you get a couple entries for some guy's arcana for the game world but not the game itself. The game itself is labeled as TOI.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom