Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Is it 'necro ten+ year old Gothic threads' meme time?

Well, is it?

• Total voters

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I think I missed the memo.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Time is relative.
tumblr_nf7awjIvww1rv37qjo1_1280.png

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Whatever it was that PB had when they made the AWESOME Gothic/Gothic II is now long dead and buried. Now that they only make action games for Publishers and Consoles it's better to just shovel all the PB threads to a new sub-forum. :M

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No, I seriously thought it was another one of those Codex games like tag so-and-so or whatever. Seen at least two or three decade+ old threads necro'ed for no apparent reason. I guess people search 'Gothic' and don't bother to look at the original post date/last reply date.

Murk

Arcane
Still going on in general RPG and GG. I think it's just a few asshats (like Eirikur and Mustawd), probably as a joke in response to the 3 or so new threads people posted about g2 that were pretty simple "how do I game" or "what mods pl0x" (the what mods thread happens like 2 times a year, some weird roving tradition I guess.)

anyway, as Black would say, ban Infinitron

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Whatever it was that PB had when they made the AWESOME Gothic/Gothic II is now long dead and buried. Now that they only make action games for Publishers and Consoles

You got to admit that if there were no Gothic 3 wild boar would never evolved into alpha predator :shredder:

Who do i wanna deceive - i :love:Gothic 3
4mROpca.jpg

Now i want to reinstall it and explore Myrtana:negative:

Murk

Arcane
high level magic, shit tier armor

i always hated how it made your feet look so small compared to the baggy pants

had to wait til risen 1 to get some proper swag armor from the don

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
high level magic, shit tier armor

i always hated how it made your feet look so small compared to the baggy pants

had to wait til risen 1 to get some proper swag armor from the don

I enjoyed Risen alot, tho final fight was friggin platformer.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
if there were no Gothic 3 wild boar would never evolved into alpha predator
And wolves into furry chainsaw.

G3 was bad, but it was like Skyrim for most of the codexians - duct-taped pile of code, where you walk and wander around, do this, venture into caves and do numerous quests (often fetch jobs).

I must admit that only recently I managed to run G3 on new PC. Every time I did upgrade - my joy was shattered into pieces because G3 was still too much for them.
But some remains of old stuttering show that not even SSD, brick-shaped GPU and i7 can handle this shit.

Last edited:

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
But some remains of old stuttering show that not even SSD, brick-shaped GPU and i7 can handle this shit.

I played it on T60p, 8 years old laptop and had no problems:positive:

G3 was bad, but it was like Skyrim
Gothic 3 - i enjoy alot: large world, different ecosystems, godlike music, old friends from G2, politics, joys of exploration:love:

Skyrim is bland and boring turd.

titus

Arcane
Patron
Funny how I've started playing Gothic 1 two weeks ago and Gothic 2 recently. Must be that time of the year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom