Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is Nintendo Switch good?

RuySan

Augur
Last time I checked there were barely any games for it. Online store was kind of depressing. I'm going to wait to make my decision. Zelda alone isn't worth all that.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It's not that Switch is good.... it's the games that you won't play anywhere else.

Zelda BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Metroid 4

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Don't fall for the hype and wait for Switch 2.0
Nintendo almost always makes a better second version of their portable consoles, and the good games will be cheaper.

Ivan

Arcane
Cemu won't always provide the perfect experience. But I would hold off another year until more games come out for it. Unless you're absolutely dying for Mario. I'd say wait.

Quigs

Magister
It's a great portable that can be hooked up to a TV. It's worth the money if you travel or have a lenient workplace, but unless you're going to be content to play 2 or 3 games, hold off.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I'll tell you my thoughts about it has Nintendo retarded fan and current owner of the console: It's fine. But it has flaws, mostly related to the OS of the console. It feels like an alpha version, seriously. The Eshop is more primitive than the Steam's Half-life 2 era, and the console lacks basic online options regarding freinds list and stuff. Thing is they are improving it and making it more up-to-date product through free updates. In terms of the quality of the console itself, it's decent. At first the joy-cons can feel very "toything", that they are made with mediocre materials. But they're responsive and you can get used to them (I'm saying this because that trend that establishes that you'll need the Pro controler Yes or Yes to enjoy the console, it's not true), About the games, it has a good ones currently and Moairio oddyssey looks fantastic. The future of the console looks way, way more promising than the Wii U regarding third party games.

That's my impressions about it. Good games, but the console itself... you must accept what it is: revitaliced 2005-2010 hardware in a mix of of table-portable console.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
I got it with Mario Cart, Mario Rabbids, Splatoon, Zelda and One-Two Switch. So the game selection is ok. It is a Nintendo console with all of the positives and negatives that come with it. Kids like taking it to their friends' houses and playing splatoon together. The portability thing is pretty damn cool. Overall it's a pretty fun little console if you have use for a somewhat portable console and Nintendo games. Myself, I don't touch it very often, because my backlog on PC is large enough for the rest of my life.

EDIT: If you're gonna play on the TV often enough, get a goddamn pro controller, it's a ripoff, but it's worth it

Hines

Savant
It's not worth it according to the head honcho of Polygon.

DM7CLblVoAAT0-3.jpg

DM7Gc8VVAAA4x_d.jpg

DM7GdkRUEAAZi5d.jpg

flyingjohn

Arcane
Breath of the wild is the new dark souls of saving.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom