Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is Rockstar finally releasing Red Dead Redemption for PC?

you can be this evil motherfucker in the game, but you're the goody two shoes during story mode making it very jarring.

I'm so fucking tired of hearing this idiotic complaint about sandbox games. WTF do you expect, for story to change according to every stupid shit you do in game? Or do you just want protagonist in every single game of this kind to be evil? Or maybe game should just restrain the player so you could only do actions that are consistent with the story. Yeah, that's totally what games are about. Players can make a story inconsistent with actions of character in any game. You want to avoid it? Play "games" that offer you zero freedom.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
WTF do you expect, for story to change according to every stupid shit you do in game?
Why not? In a sense Fallout world is so open that it's a sandbox game. Even more than GTA games, since you can access most quest & places at any time given. While the changes on the main storyline are not many, it's way more than any sandbox game, and what really stands out are how the rest of the world reacts to you. Simple stuff like the people in New Reno calling you by your boxing nickname... there is no reason why you would need to be an RPG game to have a living wolrd like RPGs...and is not like Rockstart doesn't have the resources to do this right, they just prefer adding hours and hours of quests that don't change anything...

Regadless, I look foward to RDR on PC, especially the mods.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Did you seriously just compare GTA/RDR to Fallout?
As game worlds, yes. Both allow freeroaming, both have factions and quests-chains, and also isolated sidequests. May be weird, but I see no reason why a GTA/RDR game can't aim to be as interactive to player choices as Fallout or Arcanum...

Perhaps the only reason is that players don't want C&C, they want to freely herp derp throught the map, rob a tank and explode 10 police battalions without a single consequence after. I understand that, but still is something I would like to see...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
you can be this evil motherfucker in the game, but you're the goody two shoes during story mode making it very jarring.

I'm so fucking tired of hearing this idiotic complaint about sandbox games. WTF do you expect, for story to change according to every stupid shit you do in game? Or do you just want protagonist in every single game of this kind to be evil? Or maybe game should just restrain the player so you could only do actions that are consistent with the story. Yeah, that's totally what games are about. Players can make a story inconsistent with actions of character in any game. You want to avoid it? Play "games" that offer you zero freedom.

To be honest, there's a reason these games often have you playing a criminal. To make that sort of shit more plausible.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
As game worlds, yes. Both allow freeroaming, both have factions and quests-chains, and also isolated sidequests. May be weird, but I see no reason why a GTA/RDR game can't aim to be as interactive to player choices as Fallout or Arcanum...

Perhaps the only reason is that players don't want C&C, they want to freely herp derp throught the map, rob a tank and explode 10 police battalions without a single consequence after. I understand that, but still is something I would like to see...

age of decadence marketing plant detected

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

Don't get me wrong, I would like some of this stuff too, but I liked RDR just how it was, even there were some (very minor) C&C. Not every game needs this, IMO.

The only thing I was pretty pissed of at was the fucking ending. THAT FUCKING ABOMINATION OF AN ENDING!

:rage:

thesoup

Arcane

It's a perfectly valid complaint. Compare GTA and GTA 4. A game's mechanics and story should complement each other, they shouldn't be separated and sent to other parts of the universe.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
:necro:

Probably no one cares anymore but here's another rumor:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rumor...g-to-microsofts-windows-compatibility-center/

According to Microsoft’s Windows Compatibility Center, Red Dead Redemption will be compatible with Windows 8.1 from the get-go. Now while this may be a false listing, I decided to search for some console-only games to see how reliable this source is. Thankfully, there is nothing related to games such as The Last Guardian, Heavy Rain, Halo 4, Forza or Final Fantasy XV. Then again, I couldn’t find anything for the Metal Gear games that have already been released on the PC.

:deadhorse:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Two years later still same shit song. I just wonder - when RDR appeared in Windows Compatibility Center. If it was not long time ago, then it could be just joke.
Also - Steam database have entries with console exclusives that will be not released, so as long as there will be official R* announcement, other sources are worthless. Steam, M$, whatever.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Would really love to see 2 year old games getting ports on PC, so i can play it on my mid end PC. Namco is doing this stuff with games such as Pac-man and Enslaved: Odissey to the West(this one is awful btw). Would like to see games such as Ace Combat 6(they really screwed Sony fanbase making Ace 6 Xbawx only).

I've been considering getting a PS3 for this and a number of other console exclusives, now that prices have dropped with the next gen consoles out.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Rockstar advertised for PC developers to help port their games to PC like a year ago. They have ported older games before, like Bully, so it actually wouldn't surprise me if they did finally port Red Dead. Which would be nice because the PS3 version I bought sits unplayed to this day, because I can't stand analog stick shooting.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Oh look, a weird and pathetic stab from a completely unrelated thread! You got me now, you master of wit! I won't be able to fuck my wife tonight because my male confidence is shattered.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom