Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is there a mod which makes DAO into a good game?

flabbyjack

Arcane
SimpleComplexity said:
There's a mod which fixes all of your problems with the game and women "uninstallation.exe"

Volrath said:
uninstall.exe is a pretty good mod.

Edit:
Damn you SimpleComplexity
:x <- looks constipated

Serus said:
Before entering this thread i said to myself:
"I bet one of the answers will be: uninstall.exe is a great mod or something like that..." and there it is - two times in three posts.
:love: <- thnx chris avellone

The hivemind speaks! Uninstall.exe is the best mod for DAO. :thumbsup:

Stabwound

Arcane
Given enough time, I think someone could probably make a good game out of the DA engine. I didn't think the story/game was -terrible- but the combat was really tedious and very boring. Too much fighting of junk mobs consisting of shadow creature type bullshit.

Don't think there are any mods that fix that though.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Let Obsidian do an expansion to DA, and it would actually be worth playing/interesting (give Zeits the story role).

Otherwise no. No amount of mods can make the shitty DA game good. See the Bethesda games.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Multidirectional said:
MetalCraze said:
Multidirectional said:
Skyway thinking before he posts as usual.

So where am I wrong?

Fair enough. If you only meant DA with that statement it is I who overanalyzed it and indeed was wrong. Thinking carefully before posting as usual.. Oh the shame. But only if you weren't speaking in general.

So where am I wrong again?
You see - mods are made by game's target audience. When it's targeted at retards you get retarded mods. When it's targeted at normal people you get normal mods. It's very simple really.

Jaesun said:
Let Obsidian do an expansion to DA, and it would actually be worth playing/interesting (give Zeits the story role).

Otherwise no. No amount of mods can make the shitty DA game good. See the Bethesda games.

Amusing logic. No matter what modders change in a game be it writing or gameplay it still will be shit. But add Obsidian logo to the box art and it will be worth playing!

Volourn said:
"The modding scene is always as good as the game itself. "

Thanks for admitting what I always knew - NWN is the best game evar!

Oh snap modders added horses to NWN and a few shit-to-mediocre campaigns that makes those mods out of this world! Not like say 1.13 mod for JA2 or whole new gameplay modes for ArmA

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Volourn said:
P.S. DA modding sucks because the toolset sucks and the toolset sucks ebcause it was clear from the get go BIO never gave a shit about the toolset and it was only included to satisfy the NWN mod fags.

This. The DA toolset was (and I am sure still is) a steaming pile of shit.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Let Obsidian do an expansion to DA, and it would actually be worth playing/interesting (give Zeits the story role)."

IS this the Obsidian that made the reasonably fun NWN2, KOTOR2, and the awesome MOTB? Then so, hells yeah. If this is the Obisidishit that made the extreemly shitty AP and SOZ no fuckin' way.

"Oh snap modders added horses to NWN and a few shit-to-mediocre campaigns that makes those mods out of this world! Not like say 1.13 mod for JA2 or whole new gameplay modes for ArmA"

Is this the same JA that is overrated, boring, with easy combat with unmemorable characters meant to be nothing more than fodder? Fuck that shit.

NWN mods can completely change the game including adding/changing how the game play works including sleeping, permenant death, and a host of other stuff. Not to mention some of the best 'standalone' RPGs ever.

The fact that even the anti NWN Codex will often repeatedly have threads dedicated to NWN modding while the blatantly pro JA Codex barely whsipers about this so called 'great' JA mod scene you have mnade up.

LMFAO

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
See, this is where I feel bad and awkward. I love the NWN module scene, which has made it probably my second most played game despite finding the base game tolerable at best, but then you claim nobody bothers discussing 1.13 when it's mentioned in pretty much every JA2 thread we have and I just want to bumface at everyone.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Fuck JA2 and its fuckin' dumb fanboys.

P.S. More seriously, I don't actually actively hate JA2 nor have I even bothered with its mods.. I only did that as being a typical Codex hater who hates everything for the sake of hatred. Nothin' personal Jagfags.

GirLTalk

Novice
DAO really isn't as fresh the second time around. I tried, but I just can't get into it; it's way too much of an investment for such a shallow thing. That said, I think that improved atmosphere is the best bet for a positive, game-changing mod. Apparently people in towns move around and shit, aren't as lifeless, etc. That kind of stuff.

MetalCraze said:
Multidirectional said:
MetalCraze said:
Multidirectional said:
Skyway thinking before he posts as usual.

So where am I wrong?

Fair enough. If you only meant DA with that statement it is I who overanalyzed it and indeed was wrong. Thinking carefully before posting as usual.. Oh the shame. But only if you weren't speaking in general.

So where am I wrong again?
You see - mods are made by game's target audience. When it's targeted at retards you get retarded mods. When it's targeted at normal people you get normal mods. It's very simple really.

Why did you have to do this?.. I really didn't expect taking back what I said.. No it is not a universal rule, even Oblivion had quite decent mods given constraints it provided with its retardation.
It's really tiring to see you trying too hard all the time. Why not say something that avoids exaggeration for a change? If I thought you are hopelessly stupid I wouldn't even bother just so you know.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Uninstall.exe

Seriously, you'd need to cut 1/2 the 'content' to make this a good game. Lose the Fade, 90% of the Derp Roads, cut the encounters in the rest of the game by 50%, and maybe you're off to a good start.

Antihero

Liturgist
oldmanpaco said:
Volourn said:
P.S. DA modding sucks because the toolset sucks and the toolset sucks ebcause it was clear from the get go BIO never gave a shit about the toolset and it was only included to satisfy the NWN mod fags.

This. The DA toolset was (and I am sure still is) a steaming pile of shit.
Pretty much. At least they're not even pretending to try supporting one for DA2 - only hinting that they might later (I'm sure they won't, even though the changes are relatively minor). They were pretty tied up pumping out mediocre DLCs, an expansion, and DA2, but it could have been a half-decent toolset with a bit more polish.

The base game is a bit derpish, but you have quite a bit of access to things that would have otherwise been hardcoded into the engine, like in NWN2. You can even get rid of (or reduce) things like the health and stamina regeneration pretty easily. Still requires too much work for pretty ugly environments - at least they made it easy to reuse them since they separate the base environment from the interactive stuff.

That being said, I'd give up on BioWare's stories as a lost cause, but there hasn't really been a lot of anything from modders either, which isn't a surprise.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
The only mods I remember playing DA:O with is the one that lets the dog be a permanent non space taking party member and this one:

1176-1-1332030519.jpg

1176-1-1341801564.jpg

1176-1-1332030475.jpg

More Options at the Pearl

Well now that I think back on it there were dicks and shaved cunnies all over the place so I must have used some mod that provided that.

I just regret that none of the pics on Nexus show the rock golum thing breaking your penis. Because it happens.

Mustawd

Dem tailbones..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom