Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is there any CRPG's database?

Cazzeris

Hi. I was reading this thread:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...sitory-maps-schematics-easter-eggs-etc.71539/

And I've realised that any of its links work. It's quite depressing to see that there is a lot of information about old cRPG's that is getting lost, so I'd like to know if there is any good cRPG database on the Internet.

Thanks, and please; excuse my poor English.:cry:

Cazzeris

Nobody? It's quite difficult to find information about old RPG's and I'd also like to know if there is any good database on the Codex.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What the heck is a "database"?

You want general information about games, go to MobyGames. You want walkthroughs, go to GameBanshee. You want opinions, ask people on the Codex.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I think he's dreaming of a massive listing of every RPG ever, full with reviews & screenshots + mods and patches.

No, sadly that doesn't exist.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
We might get some sort of games database someday, as soon as DU and Servo settle down and start coding. Then we can tear down that awful mods thread and put all that information there instead.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Someone posted a link some time ago with a list of all (?) RPGs that contained a few information about every game (if I recall correctly). Can't find it though :/

Cazzeris

I think he's dreaming of a massive listing of every RPG ever, full with reviews & screenshots + mods and patches.

No, sadly that doesn't exist.
Yes, that's what I'm asking for. It would be awesome if there were a website with information about all PC classic games (and mods, guides, fan missions, screenshots...).

We do have that.... spread through 3,160,743 posts.

Minus the 3 million or so posts about trannies.
That's true. It's not easy to find some particular information in a forum like this one.

Thanks for your replies. And sorry for my poor English again.

Durwyn

Prophet
There was one here some time ago and I liked it despite it being horribly outdated in some cases. Still, I miss it

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I own it, it's quite good. Is more of a reference guide than a in depth book, but it's quite good to read. I'm hoping that crpgaddict's book surpass it.

Oh cool, I didn't know crpgaddict would be writing a book. That might actually become a bible of RPGs.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Oh cool, I didn't know crpgaddict would be writing a book. That might actually become a bible of RPGs.
Yeah, I'm very excited about it as well. We did all that voting, but in truth playing all RPGs and raking them is a much more richer system, even if swayed by the person's own bias.
Considering he roughly played one decade of games in 4 years, maybe in 15 years he will have finished them all and published like 4 volumes of the cRPG's Addict Encyclopedia... :bounce:

dragonbait

Augur
Someone posted a link some time ago with a list of all (?) RPGs that contained a few information about every game (if I recall correctly). Can't find it though :/

You mean this one maintained by dragonbait?
http://www.weekendwastemonster.net/crpgs/directory.html

Exactly, that's the one!

Wow. I've gotten so many hits to my site from the Codex recently. Thanks.

Just to clarify, my CRPG Directory was never meant to contain a list of all CRPG's ever made, but rather a collection of "mostly" turn based+party based dungeon crawlers. But of course this has expanded to including lots of other new and interesting CRPG projects and some rogue-likes and retro stuff and other rare oddities that I've discovered over the years. There is an About Page on my site which explains what my site is about for anyone interested.

That being said, an RPG Codex game database or wiki would be an interesting thing indeed. :D

mondblut

Arcane
That being said, an RPG Codex game... wiki would be an interesting thing indeed. :D

That's a pretty fucking awesome idea, in fact. Every shitty site has its own wiki, why not us? I am sure there would be no shortage of contributions and fact-checking.

Cazzeris

I'm glad my thread encourages you to make a RPG wiki for the Codex.

I said that too soon, right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom