Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is there any game that you guys DON'T hate?

7th Circle

Scholar
sumguy, disliking a sub-genre of games and disliking the games released in the sub-genre are not the same...

Petey_the_Skid

Liturgist
Had thinking been part of your abilities you would have realised this site houses individuals with different opinions.

Heh,nothing as fun as stating the obvious is there. However the general trend here is to like games stated above, perhaps I should also have included other indy games on which the codex team tends to ooh and aah about(not that these games don't deserve such oohing and aahings, and many could also use the press, I'm sure).

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
What I like about these necro's is looking back at the old guys who used to post.

Take Human Shield for example. He made 2,000 posts over ten years (2003 - 2013) then just packed it in. Why? What drove him away? Or is he still here with a new username? I want to know dammit!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
How about obediah? 5K posts between January 2005 and 12/24/2011. What happened on Christmas Eve 2011 to cause him to never return? 12/24 makes me think he just up and ended it all in a drunken cry for help but no one really knows.

fake edit: Looked and saw his last post was in the library on 11/29/11 (I had a post 2 replies later!). What happened to you obediah? I worry about you buddy.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just out of curiousity, is there any game you guys don't hate?

There is a widely accepted Codex Consesus that Pillars of Eternity by star developer Josh Sawyer is a modern classic and one of the greatest RPGs of all time. Aside from that, you will have trouble finding people agreeing on anything, particularly controversial shite like Planetescape: Tournament or the terrible first Fallout.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Just out of curiousity, is there any game you guys don't hate?

There is a widely accepted Codex Consesus that Pillars of Eternity by star developer Josh Sawyer is a modern classic and one of the greatest RPGs of all time. Aside from that, you will have trouble finding people agreeing on anything, particularly controversial shite like Planetescape: Tournament or the terrible first Fallout.
Can't forget our agreeance about the greatness of Skyrim.

Don Peste

Arcane
How about obediah? 5K posts between January 2005 and 12/24/2011. What happened on Christmas Eve 2011 to cause him to never return? 12/24 makes me think he just up and ended it all in a drunken cry for help but no one really knows.

fake edit: Looked and saw his last post was in the library on 11/29/11 (I had a post 2 replies later!). What happened to you obediah? I worry about you buddy.
220px-Prisoners2013Poster.jpg

corvax

Augur
Man, revisiting those old threads is a blast. I remember getting a new asshole ripped for praising Morrowind. Back then, all I heard was "Oh, it's dumbed down...Daggerfall was so much better." Looking at the forums now, it's funny to see people say "Oh Morrowind is the shit, everything else after that was dumbed down." Those were the times. Codex hatred at its finest. And FYI - the only game the codex does not hate is the original Fallout. BG and Torment were adventure games masquerading as RPGs. Geneforge was the shit. That's all I can recall for now.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Man, revisiting those old threads is a blast. I remember getting a new asshole ripped for praising Morrowind. Back then, all I heard was "Oh, it's dumbed down...Daggerfall was so much better." Looking at the forums now, it's funny to see people say "Oh Morrowind is the shit, everything else after that was dumbed down." Those were the times. Codex hatred at its finest. And FYI - the only game the codex does not hate is the original Fallout. BG and Torment were adventure games masquerading as RPGs. Geneforge was the shit. That's all I can recall for now.
Exactly. They still are. Whatever, this forum has turned into IE fanbois and ppl will rate me edgy for saying that.
Didn't the Codex always consist of Infinity Engine fanboys, to a considerable extent? Of course, the 2002 Codex did have enough sense to pick Morrowind as its 2nd-best RPG of the Year, behind only Geneforge. +M Evidence that many early Codexers rejected Biowarean decline.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Janise you don't necro 11 year old threads. This probably cost DU 50$ extra for his provider.

What I like about these necro's is looking back at the old guys who used to post.

Take Human Shield for example. He made 2,000 posts over ten years (2003 - 2013) then just packed it in. Why? What drove him away? Or is he still here with a new username? I want to know dammit!

It's like in any other mental institution. After some years people get released and make the first baby steps into a new, normal life, and often they succeed somehow. Human Shield is probably working somewhere in a factory, stamping spoons out of metal with a smile on his face, and his foremen praise him for his punctuality.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"BG and Torment were adventure games masquerading as RPGs"

They are RPGs. But, what is the nature of a RPG... and what can change it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom