Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Isometric view for Witcher 2?

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Is there a mod that implements W1's isometric view into the Witcher 2? My gf is currently playing through the series, yet she experiences motion sickness with the current camera modes. In particular the movement of the Y-axis is what causes problems.

Falksi

Arcane
The best thing to prevent motion sickness is to have her play sat or stood upright, topless, and having you distract by taking photos of her and posting them on here.

Works every time.

deama

Prophet
Have you tried disabling the motion blur? Or other post processing effects?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Baardhaas

There is a camera mod for Witcher 3 (three) which allows manually editing of the X/Y/Z degrees, which means you can make an isometric camera.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/856/?tab=posts

The showcase video in that link shows an overhead view near the end of the clip, although it's not isometric. You can edit it manually or download a user-made preset for the camera. I imagine there's probably something similar for Witcher 2, or maybe not, but nevertheless I stumbled upon this mod just now and thought of you.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
Have you tried disabling the motion blur? Or other post processing effects?
Yes, turning off bloom effects, making sure the game runs at least at 60 fps, and limiting the mouse sensitivity alleviated the problem somewhat.

The showcase video in that link shows an overhead view near the end of the clip, although it's not isometric. You can edit it manually or download a user-made preset for the camera. I imagine there's probably something similar for Witcher 2
I did find a mod for Witcher 2 where you can set your own camera point, but it didn't allow for a fixed Y-axis. But I'm afraid that even if it did, the game would be unplayable in confined spaces cause the camera point would be behind walls all the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom