Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime J_C starts own Jewtube channel about gaming - now with broken english!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Until I pull myself together to actually start this shit, I'd welcome some more ideas regarding:
- intro - should I make some cool intro, or just some basic shit which is there for 2-3 seconds. Or nothing at all and just fade in and talk
- should I play some silent music in the background
- What should I visually play in the background? Just pictures regarding what I'm talking about, gameplay about the game I'm talking about, or trailers. Before you as, I won't show my mug, I don't have a camera anyway.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
you won't show your face and you'll be speaking in fucking hungarian.
can't say I'm excited about your show man.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
you won't show your face and you'll be speaking in fucking hungarian.
can't say I'm excited about your show man.
Who said that it will be for you guys? :D I'm just using your ideas to get the hungarian audiance. :smug:

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Honestly I don't like intros so I'm going to say no intro. If you are going to have one only have it last a few seconds. No comment on the second one. As for what goes in the background I say go for whatever fits. If you are trying to describe something that only needs a still image just use that. If you need to describe something happening in game then use in game footage.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
- Intro should be a negative print of your face. Slowly fade to red if it's a combat focused game. Fade to green if it's story focused, fade to brown if it's a Double Fine game.
- Silent music sounds good.
- Use trailers exclusively, they're free to use and are already designed to look good. But turn off the sound.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
-- Use trailers exclusively, they're free to use and are already designed to look good. But turn off the sound.
I'm worrying about this one. Won't my channel be flagged if I use trailers?

sbb

Learned
Also, I think I'd get tired of having ALL NEW EPIC EXPERIENCE and trailer shit like that flashed in my face

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
First test episode is recorded. It sounds awful and good at the same time. :D It is really just a test, I had no previous experience in making videos. Worked on the background video, some basic intro. I will add subtitles (with broken english today) and hopefully publish during the night.

I'm talking about Valve taken to court over no refunds by the way. It is not a rant video, just my opinion about it.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
First test episode is recorded. It sounds awful and good at the same time. :D It is really just a test, I had no previous experience in making videos. Worked on the background video, some basic intro. I will add subtitles (with broken english today) and hopefully publish during the night.

I'm talking about Valve taken to court over no refunds by the way. It is not a rant video, just my opinion about it.

I always wanted to have a youtube channel, but i would just end up embarrassing myself with silly accent. These days you either speak in your native language (non english speaking) and get almost no viewers, or you have a proper american or british accent.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

I always wanted to have a youtube channel, but i would just end up embarrassing myself with silly accent. These days you either speak in your native language (non english speaking) and get almost no viewers, or you have a proper american or british accent.
Same here. I'll try my native language with subtitles, lets see how far will it take me. If I would try to speak english, I probably sounded like an idiot. :) (Not like I don't sound that anyway. :D)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
And here it is, my first published video on youtube. I was too lazy to add subtitles to 6 minutes of rambling, so you can only hear my smooth voice, and don't understand a thing. Believe me, you are better off with it. :D (The thumbnail says: Keep the change, you filthy animal! by the way)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom