Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime J_C starts own Jewtube channel about gaming - now with broken english!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, I made another one. In hungarian:

In english:

Joke of the day: Facebook blocked me while posting these in youtube groups. They probably think I want to start a Jihad with these videos.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Close with "This has been Negative Zero, see you next time. Stay cool."

Also, do you freestyle what you say, make talking points, or read off a script?

Cadmus

Arcane
I'll post my notes on your video later if you care. You still have a chance to mail me some promotional items and snacks.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
In english:

Joke of the day: Facebook blocked me while posting these in youtube groups. They probably think I want to start a Jihad with these videos.

Damn, it brought tears to my eyes, because I realised how I miss talking with people about that stuff in real life :cry: .

(By the way, your English could use some work.)

Cadmus

Arcane
In english:

Damn, it brought tears to my eyes, because I realised how I miss talking with people about that stuff in real life :cry: .

Yeah, I know only 1 person who plays games and he lets himself get hyped for the shittiest shit willingly because he knows there's no hope for anything good.
The English thing here is kinda more problematic than before, frequently I couldn't understand you. The content was ok. The presentation sounded a little better, almost as if you wanted to tell people something and your English was preventing you from expressing yourself. There still needs to be more personality. Better inflections! present, sell your video a little bit more!

EDIT: I know it has nothing to do with anything but I can't think of anybody better with words and language than George Carlin, that for me is the epitome of how one can entertain and put forth an idea. The language flows so beautifully, incorporates all the fucks and cocks and cunts so well, rises emotion, is playful...

Last edited:
In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Yeah, I know only 1 person who plays games and he lets himself get hyped for the shittiest shit willingly because he knows there's no hope for anything good.
D: . I have it even worse. I often meet other gamers that liked similar games as I but for some reason I just can't talk with them about gaming any more.

There still needs to be more personality.
More "personality"? You mean jumping up and down like an ape?

present, sell your video a little bit more!
To sell a video, it would have some content and in-depth analysis instead of preaching to the choir.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Close with "This has been Negative Zero, see you next time. Stay cool."

Also, do you freestyle what you say, make talking points, or read off a script?
I make some points, other than that, I improvise.

I know, but since I can't use speaking skills anywhere but in videos like this, all I can do is to make videos and get practice this way.

The English thing here is kinda more problematic than before, frequently I couldn't understand you.
Really, how frequent was it? I know there was a few parts I messed up, but I couldn't edit it out. But overall I though it was comprehensible, even if gramatically not correct. Is the problem pronaunciation?

present, sell your video a little bit more!
To sell a video, it would have some content and in-depth analysis instead of preaching to the choir.
I know the videos are shit, but if you are expecting content which will be to the liking of the Codex, then I must disappoint you. There is not content on youtube which reaches the Codex standards. And I don't do this for the Codex. I just vent out some of my thought, maybe someone from the unawashed masses listens is.

SniperHF

Arcane
Edit: I just got an idea. It would be called something like "A game a day". What if in every episode, I would take one of my Steam/GOG/Origin/Uplay games, and would play the first 30-60 minutes. It would be an LP/first impressions kind of stuff. I have more than 300 games, all kinds of genre, and it would be selected on random.

I think you need to decide what the purpose is of your channel before you try and focus on getting better. I generally post videos that no one watches but I keep making them because I figured out that I just like talking about games. So I just make videos about what I'm playing at the moment. Pretty much nobody watches them but they let help me internalize my thoughts about the game and aspects I like / dislike.

So if you want to talk about random industry happenings do that. If you want to talk about a random game a day from your library do that. But pick a single type of thing to do and then work on that. If your goal is getting hits/attention/viewership anyway. If you think you are more like me and just want to do it for the hell of it then don't worry about it.

But really getting views is very much about timing if you aren't a big name.. My videos average between 100 and 1000 views. But my biggest most popular video is about Divinity Original Sin Crafting. I made it when there was scant information about it online. Wasn't intentional but that video still gets more views than all of my other videos combined.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Edit: I just got an idea. It would be called something like "A game a day". What if in every episode, I would take one of my Steam/GOG/Origin/Uplay games, and would play the first 30-60 minutes. It would be an LP/first impressions kind of stuff. I have more than 300 games, all kinds of genre, and it would be selected on random.

I think you need to decide what the purpose is of your channel before you try and focus on getting better. I generally post videos that no one watches but I keep making them because I figured out that I just like talking about games. So I just make videos about what I'm playing at the moment. Pretty much nobody watches them but they let help me internalize my thoughts about the game and aspects I like / dislike.

So if you want to talk about random industry happenings do that. If you want to talk about a random game a day from your library do that. But pick a single type of thing to do and then work on that. If your goal is getting hits/attention/viewership anyway. If you think you are more like me and just want to do it for the hell of it then don't worry about it.

But really getting views is very much about timing if you aren't a big name.. My videos average between 100 and 1000 views. But my biggest most popular video is about Divinity Original Sin Crafting. I made it when there was scant information about it online. Wasn't intentional but that video still gets more views than all of my other videos combined.
Thanks for the input. Yeah, I droped a "one game a day" idea for now, because I enjoy doing short commentaries more right now.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I know, but since I can't use speaking skills anywhere but in videos like this, all I can do is to make videos and get practice this way.
Talk to yourself?

I know the videos are shit, but if you are expecting content which will be to the liking of the Codex, then I must disappoint you. There is not content on youtube which reaches the Codex standards. And I don't do this for the Codex. I just vent out some of my thought, maybe someone from the unawashed masses listens is.
But why would someone from the unwashed masses listen to your videos and how would they find it in the first place?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Talk to yourself?
We don't do things like that around here. :)

But why would someone from the unwashed masses listen to your videos and how would they find it in the first place?
I don't know. I got a few hundred views on the channel, so somebody watches and finds them. I don't do it to get rich, I just do it because I feel like it, why wouldn't I do it. I will try to improve, but if nobody cares, well.....meh, at least I tried this out. :)

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Thinking about doing some test videos talking about rpg's and games i enjoy in general, in portuguese, but then i couldn't care less about portugal and the thought of all those fucking mainlanders watching my videos disgusts me.

So im left with english, not sure i will waste time if i sound as horrible as i think i do.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So im left with english, not sure i will waste time if i sound as horrible as i think i do.

Why not? Making videos continually will probably increase both your presentation/public speech and English skills dramatically over a certain period of time.
You might also learn something about video editing if you choose to make your content visually more appealing.

This advice also applies to J_C and other codexers as well. Especially to those of us who aren't native English speakers.
There probably isn't a better and cheaper way of learning to use proper pronunciation than by speaking on a daily basis about the things that you actually want/like to talk about.

All of this, of course, applies only if you have a fast internet connection with a flat rate and aren't planning on getting rich/popular (not that it isn't possible, I just think that it shouldn't be your main reason for doing those videos in the first place).

So yeah, you should definitely give it a try at least.

:greatjob:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom