Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I found myself sitting in a public house today. It was an old converted warehouse with period stonework, interestingly shaped large windows and lots of wood, wood everywhere perforated by the occasional leather chair or sofa. I sat there and pondered on a party of adventurers crossing the land and finding themselves at the same location, resting and recuperating after a long trudge on the road to the capital.

countrypub.jpeg

I get home and turn on Youtube to give me something to watch while I eat a bag full of toffees a relative sent me as a gift from one of their seaside holidays. It's CinemaSins and he's doing his routine for Stargate. Ancient Pyramids, fantastical creatures and a world full of mystery. I imagine a character, flame-torch in hand, wandering around a slightly darkened cave-like structure, weird drawings or symbols on the walls, a backpack full of useful bits and pieces.

68a70b6c530a38afcd_gennaro2.jpg

I go for a walk and see something that peaks my nostalgia. Just something small an inconsequential, but the way it's positioned, in the environment it's concealed in, draws me to imagine what might lurk within if only I had a sword handy.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

I stroll past a row of houses. Which house would I like to live in? Which one suits who I am? Which one looks exactly like the kind of house where a P&P session is just begging to played.

old-english-cottage-plans-old-english-cottage-style-homes-lrg-9d292cc8d90c933b.jpg

What game am I finding myself trying to remember? Where do these not-even-images in my head come from? Have I ever even played a game where I do the things I think about when I get nostalgic for a good ol' RPG computer game?

What game do I want to load up to satiate these overwhelming urges? I don't know, I just don't know, it's all...

Je Ne Sais Quoi

4587739320_525x314.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom