Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jeff Vogel reveals his new IP

Donkey Balls

Educated
http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/avadon/index.html
Spiderweb Software brings you Avadon: The Black Fortress, the first chapter in a new, epic fantasy saga. You will serve the keep of Avadon, working as a spy and warrior to fight the enemies of your homeland. As a servant of the Black Fortress, your word is law. Experience an exciting fantasy role-playing adventure and battle a conspiracy to destroy your people.

Avadon: The Black Fortress Features:
  • Epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
  • Four different character classes, with dozens of unique spells and abilities.
  • Uncover the fascinating history of Avadon and the land of Lynaeus.
  • Many different endings. Your choices will change the world.
  • Dozens of side quests, hidden dungeons, and secrets to discover.
  • Hundreds of magical items to find. Use powerful crystals to make your artifacts even more powerful.
  • Huge adventure with lots of replay value.

The Story:

You are a servant of Avadon. The Black Fortress. Your job is to protect the Pact, five nations that have banded together in a fragile alliance. The purpose of the Pact: To hold back the waves of invaders that seek to destroy you.

Outside the lands of the Pact, there are limitless threats. Barbarians. Fading, jealous empires. Titans and unspeakable horrors. The warriors and spies of Avadon are charged to keep them at bay, weak and divided. You fight in the shadows, rooting out small threats before they have the chance to grow. Your resources are unlimited, and your word is law.

But a dark time is coming. Assassins are killing Avadon's warriors, and a hidden enemy plots to unite all of your homeland's foes. If you cannot discover and destroy this conspiracy, and soon, your people face total destruction. But beware. The defenders of Avadon are being picked off, one by one, and you are the next target.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
avlibrary.jpg

avinventory.jpg

avtraining.jpg

:shock: Wow, the game graphics look kinda cool. And they don't bleed your eyes! That's an improvement.

:gfxwhore:

racofer

Thread Incliner
I was about to say the same, however I must add that the indoors are disproportional to the furniture, too much empty space in between stuff.

Nex

Cipher
I agree with that, but it is early game. There's plenty of time left to sort such stuff out. But he could have thought up a better/more original name.

I can't wait for this to come out, being a huge fan of Avernum and Geneforge. Good luck Vogel

Kos_Koa

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
The art and UI looks pretty nice and the skill tree looks like a good addition. Interested to see how this turns out.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Wow, Vogel finally makes a game that doesn't have a five-year-old directing the art.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
I found my love in Avadon,
Beside the bay.
I left my love in Avadon,
And I sailed away.
I dream of her in Avadon
From dusk 'til dawn.
So I think I'll travel on
To Avadon.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Judas said:
mondblut said:
Starting with one character and recruiting bullshit NPCs?

:rage:

Decline of Spiderweb.
Why is this bad?

Geneforge and Avernum have been the last series to allow you to create your own party. Meaning you have to think about your party composition. And also meaning that you can't have pre-scripted part emotional engagement a la Bioware.

Antagonist

Liturgist
Just hid the equivalent of 30 Dollars under my pillow which will find its way into the bearded man's pockets in Seattle next year. :) I see that Vogel gave up on the idea of using a 3D engine which is fine with me as I can't imagine that it's possible to create passable 3D models and worlds with his restricted resources (both employees and annually release schedule). It looks good the way it is though the shadows are missing right now.

And whoever skips Vogel's games because of the graphics deserves shit like Mass Effect 2 rammed down their throat. Many youngster around here sadly haven't been hardened by the graphics from the early 90s (or even 80s :shock: ).

Suchy

Arcane
Wow, looks sweet. If the story and dialogues are on pair with previous games, this will be p. awesome. As long as there are no furries.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
The third screen makes me wish that the game would feature tasteful rape.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom