Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Josh Sawyer wants to make a historical RPG

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Josh was asked about his historical RPG plans on SA: http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...=17931&perpage=40&pagenumber=15#post466490950

WqhyNBJ.png

Hv26IrR.png

A historical turn-based RPG set in one of two criminally underrated periods of history?

Sawyer is truly a saint.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Egyptian RPG with Anubis animal companion and mummy bromance fucking when

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

A historical turn-based RPG set in one of two criminally underrated periods of history?

Sawyer is truly a saint.

HRE would be good but mid-late US also has so much going for it. The whole period from before war, gangs of new york type era, wild west, late 19th century industrial action..all the corruption,innovation,violence. RPG's just write themselves.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

Sawyer is truly a saint.

HRE would be good but mid-late US also has so much going for it. The whole period from before war, gangs of new york type era, wild west, late 19th century industrial action..all the corruption,innovation,violence. RPG's just write themselves.

Post-civil war USA is underrated as well, as I said one of two criminally underrated periods of history, one or other.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I want a Colonial rpg that takes place in the late 1700's/ early 1800's in the United States.

Make the Native Americans have spirit magic.

Be able to choose factions: save the poor savages, or enlighten them with the teachings of Christ?

Make one of the big quests finding California / Cali gold rush.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
What about a game that's set in the Matrix, but instead of being 1999, it can be a version of the Matrix programmed to replicate America in say 1880.

(If you want to promote this idea please refer to this post as your source).

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
This is a game I´d like to play. Please, JS, take my money.

What I would like to see is a TB Classless RPG with Shamanistic tradition of the Maori/Native Americans weaved into it. Think about it. The Astral Plane is where you do SMT:Nocturne type recruiting/fusing spirits and equipping them as totems, which heavily influences your stats/abilities. And in the material plane you do missions to retain your shamanistic powers and dominion over our tribe, maybe expand them. Oh well I can only dream. Played lot of settings with euro-centric mythos. Though I definitely do not want Swayer to design the systems and gameplay for this shaman rpg. But Ziets should take a hugeee part in writing it.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Well, Arcanum also has historical setting with time period in 1888 along with fantasy/steampunk tone in the process of an industrial revolution. How about Arcanum/Darklands succesor with unique world?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I think the wants his historical RPG to be more grounded in reality (and in the early modern era).

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
IMAgine a Darklands inspired game set after the middle ages and the beginning of the Reinasance so you could have the classic medieval setting along a very powerful Catholic Church but a more wide open map where you could have the whole of europe as the backdrop to your adventures.
Hell I would even take a straight up remake of Darklands with the PoE graphics anyday

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
IMAgine a Darklands inspired game set after the middle ages and the beginning of the Reinasance so you could have the classic medieval setting along a very powerful Catholic Church but a more wide open map where you could have the whole of europe as the backdrop to your adventures.
Hell I would even take a straight up remake of Darklands with the PoE graphics anyday
Legends of Eisenwald and its expansion: Blood of November.
Darth Roxor and sser approved and all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom