Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review JRPG Codex Review: Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone

Kz3r0

Arcane
What happened on 11/11/11?
the-hands-of-god.jpg

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Guys, stop reporting this news post as inappropriate content plz.

And no, this isn't going to become a regular thing - but we have, from time to time, allowed reviews of games that are considered to be "outside of scope" just because sometimes it's interesting or something or stuffies and junk and such.

Sukeban Cho

Erudite

In japanese N Final is the only consonant that can be pronounced by itself.

:rpgcodex:

Other than that you have quite the good taste in cutesy japanese games. Nice and informative review of an awesome doujin game no one here will even try to play.

acorn-throwing cocorats

Those are total bitches, but I could hug them to fuckin' death all the same.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
felipepepe said:
A word of warning: despite being a very hardcore game, Fortune Summoners is heavy on anime that creates the impression of being aimed at ten year old girls (which it isn't)
Or that means that ten years old girls in Japan are more hardcore than most western gamers... :smug:

<sigh> It basically means that 30-year old Japanese males have an unhealthy obsession with cutesy ten year old girls.

Repressed Homosexual
Thanks for the review, Crooked Bee. I had been meaning to play this for a while. Will probably get in the next Steam sale. Do you know if it integrates well with a USB gamepad?

I miss the 2D side scrolling RPGs I played when I was young, such as Ys, and Faxanadu. Apparently, everything in Fortune Summoners was done by a single individual!

I'd like to see someone do a review of Etrian Odyssey IV as well (when it is released).

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I made a thread about it a few months ago. It's coming towards the end of the year in the US from what I recall.

Super pumped up for this. :D

Well, brofist to you for bringing actual incline into this den of Mass Effect and Dragon's Age love.

Mortmal

Arcane
3DS one although, i am not buying one just for one game.Theres really nothing else of interest on it. Etrian odyssey 3 was nice but had severe unbalance and easily exploitable skills.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
mmm. I'll take the kid. anyday.
wait a minute. why is this a sticky thread?

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
This is so sacrilegious I'm almost compelled to take the bait and inflict my terrible writing on the Codex with a banal/shit/boring review.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
sploosion

hey how about a turn based magical girl tactical grid fightan version of super robot wars except you know with mahou shoujo from every single series and fanfiction ever

lead them in tactical battles against evil to to save all of reality as the world's first mahou shonen commander and maybe date them as well I dunno what you kids want these days

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Crooked Bee

Well, I have finally found time to read your VERY conmprehensive review, and I must say - I'm impressed. I've bought the game and played a little bit. It's odds on I will die of suger overdose before finishing it but prior to that it seems it's going to be some gimmicky fun. :thumbsup:

I can't wait to tell my bros: "Guys, this is better shit than Diablo 3". :lol:

Thanks for the review, Crooked Bee. I had been meaning to play this for a while. Will probably get in the next Steam sale. Do you know if it integrates well with a USB gamepad?

I tried playing it with gamepad. For some reason the game relegates controls over movement to left analogue stick instead of the cross-pad and it appears there's no way to change that. This means that navigating through the menus with a pad is a nightmere as it overreacts even with the slightest twitch. Plus it seems to me in this platformer you use more buttons than there is on an XBawks pad. :shock:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom