Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jupiter Hell now on Kickstarter [turn based, roguelike, top-down, pew-pew]

Doktor Best

Arcane
Atrocious video. Only amusing part: The main dude has this same "fuck me face" Todd Howard has. However, i like DoomRL so i dont care. I still have a feeling that this video will hurt your kickstarter campaign, you should consider reworking some parts of it.

Epyon

ChaosForge
Developer

agris

Arcane
Patron
Got to be one of the worst videos I've seen; the intro is p cringe and the audio during the interview is all echo.

FFS how you gonna make a video worse than random dudes on the street yelling "world star hip hop" as they record a bum fight.
Audio is bad, because that's the only camera we could procure at zero cost -- we've ran out of money about two months ago.

Given the comments you're getting about the video, it's probably worth the time to demux the audio from the video and process it to sound less like shit. Echo-cancellation filter, limiter, and level normailzation, in that order. then mix it back into the video, it'll make a big difference.

Epyon

ChaosForge
Developer
Given the comments you're getting about the video, it's probably worth the time to demux the audio from the video and process it to sound less like shit. Echo-cancellation filter, limiter, and level normailzation, in that order. then mix it back into the video, it'll make a big difference.

What we have is the best that our audio guy could save off the recording we did. The source audio was extremely weak, and there was significant background noise. Reshooting it was not possible due to the lack of equipment, and our dubbing attempt sounded really fake. The majority of people who will see it already saw it, and if that is detrimental to someone, he probably wouldn't pledge on such an experimental project anyway. We know it sucks, but we're a micro team without a budget at the moment. Luckily, was good enough for John Carmack and Brian Fargo.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron

What we have is the best that our audio guy could save off the recording we did. The source audio was extremely weak, and there was significant background noise. Reshooting it was not possible due to the lack of equipment, and our dubbing attempt sounded really fake. The majority of people who will see it already saw it, and if that is detrimental to someone, he probably wouldn't pledge on such an experimental project anyway. We know it sucks, but we're a micro team without a budget at the moment. Luckily, was good enough for John Carmack and Brian Fargo.

I backed you guys, was just offering constructive criticism.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom