Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Just Cause 3

Ivan

Arcane
Just Cause 2 was one of those games whose mechanics just clicked with me and allowed for some of the best fun I've had in a sandbox.

Gerrard

Arcane
Does that mean we'll release the game and call it quits? Nope. Beyond launch, we are likely to look into DLC packs and items as part of our ambition to support Just Cause 3 and its players for many years to come, but until that time we’re completely focused on making the best Just Cause game we possibly can. Rest assured it will be a huge, fully packed and extremely rewarding experience right out of the gate.
Yeah, just like they supported the previous 2.
I can't handle all this PR speak.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
New batch of screenshots:

A8i7ka6.jpg

WJ2xSqy.jpg

J5a0Ev6.jpg

krvSUW4.jpg

Rest @ http://gematsu.com/gallery/just-cause-3/december-11-2014/

Ivan

Arcane
I guess the wingsuit can be activated at any time? Maybe functions like Batman's nosedive in Arkham City
2015-02-0200_56_44-ju47ry1.png

Ineffable awesomeness that encapsulates what Just Cause is all about
2015-02-0200_57_03-ju1hogp.png
Yay, shitty gunplay returns
2015-02-0200_57_11-juinria.png

dat blue
2015-02-0200_57_36-ju3wq2d.png

multiplayer?
2015-02-0200_57_44-jup2pzy.png

Astral Rag

Arcane
Good looking game, it's a shame much of the detail is hidden behind DoF, why are devs so obsessed with overusing that effect these days.

Good looking game, it's a shame much of the detail is hidden behind DoF, why are devs so obsessed with overusing that effect these days.

Because they can't optimise for shit if they allow for good draw distance. See GTAIV. It has no depth of field effect. Of course I still prefer to disable DOF even with shit draw distance but most devs feel like they have to hide it.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane

Because they can't optimise for shit if they allow for good draw distance. See GTAIV. It has no depth of field effect. Of course I sill prefer to disable DOF even with shit draw distance but most devs feel like they have to hide it.

Actually it has. If you turn on high definition it disables motion blur and dof for far view

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
DoF degrades performance regardless of draw distance.

A bit. Not nearly on the same level as high vs low draw distance. Plus it only eats gpu resources, whereas draw distance is heavy on both gpu and cpu usually.

Gerrard

Arcane
The DoF is there to hide the lack of detail. Besides, using DoF to blur things very far away is actually realistic (though it's still exaggerated), air is not crystal clear.

Perkel

Arcane

A bit. Not nearly on the same level as high vs low draw distance. Plus it only eats gpu resources, whereas draw distance is heavy on both gpu and cpu usually.

Actually it depends on type of the game and coding itself.

PC have huge problem with calls to CPU to render anything by GPU. This is why most of open world games on PC require awesome CPU to play where consoles shitty cpus can easily play it.

That will change probably with DX12 and it is fixed more or less in Mantle. GPUs in those API don't need to call first CPU to tell them what to do.

Ivan

Arcane
First Trailer

I'm glad they're setting the tone of gameplay>story by not introducing any characters to give a shit about.

Angthoron

Arcane
As uninformative as it gets, but as long as it isn't worse than JC2, I'll be getting it, because I'm a sucker for blowing shit up in pretty locations.

baturinsky

Arcane
Hook is awesome even in vanilla state. I think problem is mostly that world is too empty. Too small too similar settlements too far away from each other.
Also, protagonist and pretty much everyone he meets are completely unsympathetic. Which seems to be a trend in modern games.

Angthoron

Arcane
Hook is awesome even in vanilla state. I think problem is mostly that world is too empty. Too small too similar settlements too far away from each other.
Also, protagonist and pretty much everyone he meets are completely unsympathetic. Which seems to be a trend in modern games.
Yeah, true on both counts. I had fun destroying the factories and the bases, but town liberation was usually not quite as fun. Still, assaults on mountain bases in the middle of the night on a helichoppar or a jet were quite amusing. Also, a nice case of non-shit controls for a port. Menus were crap though.

And I guess they intended everyone to be unlikeable? I dunno, didn't like it either, but eh. The most memorable line was protagonist threatening to rip off someone's arms and beating him within inches of his life with 'em if he doesn't shut up, which I thought was pretty 'k. The rest, well, yeah.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They released the first gameplay trailer, but I don't see any new tricks there:

More of the same, just in prettier.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
More over the top action, still gta is best, other clones are kind of meh.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Meh. Will be good at 75% off. I got bored of 2 within hours.

Angthoron

Arcane
Prolly was covered in E3 thread, but who cares about those.

11 minutes of various gameplay and commentary from one of the devs. Looks like JC2 with prettier graphics and built-in cheatmode grappling hook.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom