Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Just Cause 3

darthaegis

Cipher
CYOA gameplay trailer:

upwardlymobile

forum posting consultant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
it occurs to me that if they're going to put cash shops in single player games, there's nothing to stop trainers from just giving you free tokens. so basically if microtransactions are going to become universal then every game has to become an mmo.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Eh, they already did that for JC2 selling shitty item DLC. Not much of a difference.

baturinsky

Arcane
it occurs to me that if they're going to put cash shops in single player games, there's nothing to stop trainers from just giving you free tokens. so basically if microtransactions are going to become universal then every game has to become an mmo.
Using such "trainers" is a piracy. So, people that (for some reason) don't pirate game are not likely to pirate DLCs either.

Angthoron

Arcane
Using such "trainers" is a piracy. So, people that (for some reason) don't pirate game are not likely to pirate DLCs either.
What? 3 seconds in a memory editor. If the game is good and the DLC is entertaining enough, fuck it, I'll wait for a sale and buy it. But if they're selling tokens, like in Child of Light, the exact same tokens I can create an infinite amount of in any memory editor in the space of 1-5 minutes? I'll just make them for the sake of being able to, fuck you, don't sell me this shit, you're not putting in any effort yourself and you're killing any effort-making on the side of the player.

Also, mem editing is often more fun than playing the modern shitty games, so, double yay.

Still gonna get JC3 though, because assplosions.

A horse of course

I hate this movie-industry-esque habit of making videos introducing the developers and having them blab away interspersed with gnomeplay footage. Ruins my immershuns.

upwardlymobile

forum posting consultant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
looks pretty great

and in relation to the cash shop thing this is now happening in beth's fallout shelter, you can buy gamble boxes but since it isn't really an online game people are just editing the save files to give themselves as many as they want

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yeah looks vastly improved over JC2 - nice that those larger structures (like the sat dish) won't instantly collapse when you touch them, need to lay some proper waste on 'em to destroy. Plus Avalanche has a solid record for optimizing performance, so the system req's might not be completely outrageous, either. Unlockables is a nice addition as well, though no doubt the game will still be best in small doses.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

I think that alone tells you more about Just Cause than some story video ever could.

Ivan

Arcane

• CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K, 3.3 GHz / AMD Phenom II X6 1075T 3 GHz
  • Memory: 6GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 (2GB) / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB)
My gpu is now being regarded as the bare minimum :negative:

still :bounce: for this!

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
If you could sink the whole island into the water i'd be impressed.

Ivan

Arcane
I also really really loved how good it feels to fly around with the parachute. There's a certain Spiderman-esque ebb and flow to it.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Considering how that little plane in the opening can survive attacks from multiple AA batteries and fighter jets, I surmise that it must be made of the indestructible mineral Bethesdium.

Angthoron

Arcane
It takes after Saints' Row 3 school of over-the-top lulz, it seems, which can only be a good thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom